Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I sure as hell won't choose to vacate my stadium spot for the game and refuse to cheer for my Huskers over it, I'll tell you that much. That's ridiculous. Kids like the alternate uniforms, and I want the talented kids to commit to Nebraska. If that means we wear a black helmet once a year, so what?

for 50 years, our boys put on that helmet and those Unis. They took PRIDE in it. If these new kids dont understand the pride associated with it, they probably dont belong here.

that is not true. we have worn alternate uniforms, not to mention the subtle year-to-year changes.

On a lighter note, I doubt your seats will seem empty. If I am in that row, I can guarantee you that I am scooting my ass down and saying thank you to the husker gods for being able to see one of the most important games of the year while still having legroom. JACKPOT.

LOL, ya the rest of the people in our row should be very comfy :)

I sure as hell won't choose to vacate my stadium spot for the game and refuse to cheer for my Huskers over it, I'll tell you that much. That's ridiculous. Kids like the alternate uniforms, and I want the talented kids to commit to Nebraska. If that means we wear a black helmet once a year, so what?

for 50 years, our boys put on that helmet and those Unis. They took PRIDE in it. If these new kids dont understand the pride associated with it, they probably dont belong here.

that is not true. we have worn alternate uniforms, not to mention the subtle year-to-year changes.

Was there BLACK in the UNIS? I dont mind minor changes, but this isnt minor.

Traditions change, bro. If they didn't, all of us might use a sheet with a hole cut into it whenever we have sex. Sometimes adjustments to the established norm are a positive thing.

Traditions change, bro. If they didn't, all of us might use a sheet with a hole cut into it whenever we have sex. Sometimes adjustments to the established norm are a positive thing.

when did this change?

• Fire 5

Why the hell are you blaming the players?

• Fire 1

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

So are you saying you are looking to sell your tickets? Because I support Nebraska no matter what and am looking for tickets.

Who cares what the fans say, what do the players think? My guess is that they like them and would prefer to wear something like it for all games.

I actually like them and do not think they are that bad. I would like to see them keep the jersey, wear white pants and a white helmet for the rest of the games and just have the black for wiscky.

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

So are you saying you are looking to sell your tickets? Because I support Nebraska no matter what and am looking for tickets.

he's not selling. The point is so that the other 88,000 huskers in the stadium notice that he is not there because he opposes the uni's

• Fire 2

Um what? Lol, this is such a small issue in the big picture. You'll stop supporting the players, the coaches, the university, the team . . . and you'll miss out on the biggest scheduled game of the year . . just because we changed our jerseys a little for one game? XD

Tradition is not a SMALL issue to me. My family has had these seats for 20+ years, and we have attended all but a handful of games in all those years.

Maybe if they spent the time and money on getting the crowd into it, instead of "hey look at me on TV"; we might win this game.

Nebraska tradition is in the university's blood, not the jerseys.

• Fire 3

Yeah, I am being serious. If you aren't going to go, don't waste the tickets. PM me and I may purchase them!

he's not selling. The point is so that the other 88,000 huskers in the stadium notice that he is not there because he opposes the uni's

:lol:

Who cares what the fans say, what do the players think? My guess is that they like them and would prefer to wear something like it for all games.

I actually like them and do not think they are that bad. I would like to see them keep the jersey, wear white pants and a white helmet for the rest of the games and just have the black for wiscky.

Bingo. And you know what? The players like them. Rex Burkhead likes them, wants to wear them all the time.

Heard an interview with Kain Colter on the radio on the way home today. He was all geeked up about Northwestern's new unis this year, wanted to have it on to walk around in at Big Ten Media Days. The players really like this kind of thing.

That's why I'm on board. Personally, I'd leave the uniforms alone. But I'm not the guy wearing it. If the guys wearing it like this, and they're cognizant of the respect and tradition inherent in the uniforms, that's really all that matters, isn't it?

• Fire 1