Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

So Forge are you opposed to all the renovations made to Memorial Stadium? Last time I looked it doesn't look like it did 50 years ago. The athletes sure the hell don't look the same as they did 50 years ago? Things change and a lot of the time for the better.

If the players like them, if some five star recruit likes them, if we get another 30 seconds on the B1G network or ESPN for them, then I'm all for it!

Because of these uniforms, I will not be watching the game on tv. My family will know that I'm not happy with the uniforms because there will be an empty ass-print on the couch. That will show 'em.

i laughed.

Who cares what the fans say, what do the players think? My guess is that they like them and would prefer to wear something like it for all games.

I actually like them and do not think they are that bad. I would like to see them keep the jersey, wear white pants and a white helmet for the rest of the games and just have the black for wiscky.

Bingo. And you know what? The players like them. Rex Burkhead likes them, wants to wear them all the time.

Heard an interview with Kain Colter on the radio on the way home today. He was all geeked up about Northwestern's new unis this year, wanted to have it on to walk around in at Big Ten Media Days. The players really like this kind of thing.

That's why I'm on board. Personally, I'd leave the uniforms alone. But I'm not the guy wearing it. If the guys wearing it like this, and they're cognizant of the respect and tradition inherent in the uniforms, that's really all that matters, isn't it?

also, we do need attention; the team is a brand. if you do not think this makes a different with recruits, you are wrong. they pay attention to this kind of thing and want to be hip, or have something else to get excited about.

So Forge are you opposed to all the renovations made to Memorial Stadium? Last time I looked it doesn't look like it did 50 years ago. The athletes sure the hell don't look the same as they did 50 years ago? Things change and a lot of the time for the better.

If the players like them, if some five star recruit likes them, if we get another 30 seconds on the B1G network or ESPN for them, then I'm all for it!

Please tell me we aren't pandering to the suits! The kids yes! NOT TO ESPN!

I thought this was interesting. I was looking around to see if there was any reaction from the players when I found this:

""Word is, (adidas) gave us a prototype and (Tom Osborne) didn't like it; it was too extravagant," Reed said." (During the B1G Media Day: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/alternate-uniform-chatter/article_acb90d86-d741-11e1-aa69-001a4bcf887a.html)

So does this mean that the uniform we're looking at is only a prototype, not the actual uniform? Reactions from fans have been mixed. Most people are more concerned with the score at the end of the game than the unis!

Please tell me we aren't pandering to the suits! The kids yes! NOT TO ESPN!

it is the world we live in, unfortunately. again, this is about the brand. they have to keep the brand relevant, or who the h-e-double hockey sticks will care about our tradition. our history will be just that, history.

I thought this was interesting. I was looking around to see if there was any reaction from the players when I found this:

""Word is, (adidas) gave us a prototype and (Tom Osborne) didn't like it; it was too extravagant," Reed said." (During the B1G Media Day: http://journalstar.c...1a4bcf887a.html)

So does this mean that the uniform we're looking at is only a prototype, not the actual uniform? Reactions from fans have been mixed. Most people are more concerned with the score at the end of the game than the unis!

By "most" do you mean everyone?

I think what I love the most is that they change some white parts to black, put an N on the chest and put on the away pants too and all of a sudden it's like the world is falling apart for half the fan base. Hilarious. Then people say they want Nike instead? Hahahaha. The most conservative of fan bases wants the least conservative of apparel companies.

I am not going-ho over this look by any means but it's pretty much the same uniform with a bit of black and I dig it. These posts are pure hilarity adding to it for how overdramatic and unreasonable people really are.

""Word is, (adidas) gave us a prototype and (Tom Osborne) didn't like it; it was too extravagant," Reed said." (During the B1G Media Day: http://journalstar.c...1a4bcf887a.html)

And by "everyone" do you mean HB?

By "most' do you mean everyone?

No, just most. The uniform issue will be great fodder until the football season starts then it will be left behind until we play Wiscy. It will be some mini-fodder until the game is over. When we win, it might be a little mini-fodder again (New unis helped us win kind of thing) then it will fade into the sunset until another alternative uniform is suggested.

Look on the bright side everyone, I think with the very mixed to slightly negative leaning reaction to these alternate uniforms, I think it is fair to say that it will be a VERY LONG TIME before Nebraska ventures down this road again.

Nebraska doesn't need gimmicks like this. When did "tradition" become a bad thing? Oregon did their whole uniform craze because their program needed an identity. Other programs needing an identity followed Oregon's lead, and it has just snowballed over the last 5 years with some outlandish looking uniforms.

Nebraska doesn't need a new identity. We've had one for over 50 years. Need a reminder...see below.

THIS IS NEBRASKA:

tommiefrazier1.jpg

OTNINPXNRTICNFM.20090831210114.jpg

NE3-Final-Oil.jpg

Tom-Osborne-Bio.jpg

106597163_display_image.jpg?1311591801

And by "everyone" do you mean HB?

I guess I don't know, what is 'HB"?

Who cares what the fans say, what do the players think? My guess is that they like them and would prefer to wear something like it for all games.

I actually like them and do not think they are that bad. I would like to see them keep the jersey, wear white pants and a white helmet for the rest of the games and just have the black for wiscky.

Bingo. And you know what? The players like them. Rex Burkhead likes them, wants to wear them all the time.

Heard an interview with Kain Colter on the radio on the way home today. He was all geeked up about Northwestern's new unis this year, wanted to have it on to walk around in at Big Ten Media Days. The players really like this kind of thing.

That's why I'm on board. Personally, I'd leave the uniforms alone. But I'm not the guy wearing it. If the guys wearing it like this, and they're cognizant of the respect and tradition inherent in the uniforms, that's really all that matters, isn't it?

Yep, they sure do! This update from Lincoln Journal Star:

"The three Husker players at media days -- Rex Burkhead, Kyler Reed and Will Compton -- where shown a video of the uniforms prior to meeting with the media Friday.

All three gave the uniforms their seal of approval. Reed said they were more extravagant than he even thought they'd be. He liked them, but wondered if some more traditional-oriented fans may not."

http://journalstar.c...19bb2963f4.html