Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

Can I PM you my address and you ship them to me?

• Fire 1

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Can I PM you my address and you ship them to me?

our players will be devastated when they see you can't make the game

• Fire 1

Also, found the bolded parts rather ironic.

• Fire 2

Yeah it could have been a better mixer of all 3 color's Dont think there was enough white in there. Either that or could have used Black pants. Something needs to be mixed up in there or atleast taller black socks SOMETHING!!!

Yeah, I would've rather seen black pants too. I'm really surprised they did something different with the helmets. Isn't that kind of Nebraskraligious?

• Fire 1

Um what? Lol, this is such a small issue in the big picture. You'll stop supporting the players, the coaches, the university, the team . . . and you'll miss out on the biggest scheduled game of the year . . just because we changed our jerseys a little for one game? XD

• Fire 1

I guess I wasn't too far off with this:

7120475631_85deab346d_z.jpg

Like I predicted too, only minor differences between this and what that video shows. Not bad. Don't think I am some crystal ball forecaster type though.

I suppose if this is the real deal (which it seems) then we should be on the lookout for a Wisconsin one, that looks fairly similar albeit an away version, to be released in the near future, if it hasn't been already.

It's real according to WOWT: http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Alternate-Husker-Uniform-Unveiled-164030506.html

Um what? Lol, this is such a small issue in the big picture. You'll stop supporting the players, the coaches, the university, the team . . . and you'll miss out on the biggest scheduled game of the year . . just because we changed our jerseys a little for one game? XD

Tradition is not a SMALL issue to me. My family has had these seats for 20+ years, and we have attended all but a handful of games in all those years.

Maybe if they spent the time and money on getting the crowd into it, instead of "hey look at me on TV"; we might win this game.

I don't hate them, but I'm not doing back flips, either.

This is the new trend, the alternate uniform thing. It's something we should participate it to remain modern. That much I do believe. I'd be surprised if we don't continue to do this annually. Hopefully the next round will have a larger group that like it.

I sure as hell won't choose to vacate my stadium spot for the game and refuse to cheer for my Huskers over it, I'll tell you that much. That's ridiculous. Kids like the alternate uniforms, and I want the talented kids to commit to Nebraska. If that means we wear a black helmet once a year, so what?

tickets wont be sold, point is to leave the seats empty. I know no one cares, but i just wont support it.

If, like me, you arent happy; email TOsborne@Huskers.com and voice your opinion.

I dont mean to sound like a dick, but this is the type of attitude that brings this university down incredibly. What kind of recruit wants to come to a school where there are people who are so butthurt about an alternate uniform for ONE GAME that it keeps them from going to the game? If it offends you that much, then get rid of your tickets entirely and stop supporting the team. Your attitude is a cancer to the rest of the fanbase. Your email will never reach the thoughts of TO.

On a lighter note, I doubt your seats will seem empty. If I am in that row, I can guarantee you that I am scooting my ass down and saying thank you to the husker gods for being able to see one of the most important games of the year while still having legroom. JACKPOT.

• Fire 2

I sure as hell won't choose to vacate my stadium spot for the game and refuse to cheer for my Huskers over it, I'll tell you that much. That's ridiculous. Kids like the alternate uniforms, and I want the talented kids to commit to Nebraska. If that means we wear a black helmet once a year, so what?

for 50 years, our boys put on that helmet and those Unis. They took PRIDE in it. If these new kids dont understand the pride associated with it, they probably dont belong here.