Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

It's a conspiracy. Adidas took the colors (Texas Tech) and overall design (Michigan) of two teams that gave NU massive beat downs, one historic and one recent, in an effort to sap the will and fire from the fans when Wisconsin comes to town! :ahhhhhhhh

Kidding aside, they look pretty bad and I think I would rather watch NU play one game looking like an ear of corn.

Not bad. Would have made the 'N' white with a black outline, the pants black, and made all of the piping red or white--probably white.

Otherwise, not too bad.

Does anyone know if they could still change the pants to black? Or is it too late?

I thought the word was that Dr. Tom hadn't signed off on the design and that certain things may change? Considering how many people are saying the same things (e.g. Black Pants), I would think that Adidas would be able to make that change in short order if DoNU asked them to.

Love the look. Something a little different without going too much. While it has some similarities to Michigan's, it has enough different to keep me happy. For those complaining about the N, it really is a throwback. Look at the N on the helmet, then look at the one on the jersey. That's where the N comes from. Had to see them side by side to be sure, but the link knapp gave above had the pics of the helmet and the jersey side by side. I'm good with it, and if Rex and the players like it, that's who we should be doing this type of thing for in the first place. I'll keep Adidas, tyvm, to any that want to change. While I like some of the schemes UA and Nike have, I'll take what Adidas comes up with any day.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but are we certain they are even legal?

I 'm pretty sure there are detailed specifics about number size, etc. (years ago, uniforms with footballs on the front (ostensibly "fooling" tacklers) were outlawed.

SURELY someone in compliance has signed off on this....?

Would be a colossal embarrassment to have every player penalized for a uniform infraction.............

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but are we certain they are even legal?

I 'm pretty sure there are detailed specifics about number size, etc. (years ago, uniforms with footballs on the front (ostensibly "fooling" tacklers) were outlawed.

SURELY someone in compliance has signed off on this....?

Would be a colossal embarrassment to have every player penalized for a uniform infraction.............

As long as there is a number on the front they are fine.