Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Mehhhhhhh @ the all-red design. Mehhh @ the N on the front too.

If that in fact is the design, it's fine. Just not spectacular.

Just be thankful we didn't retro back to the Pippi Longstocking arm sleeves from the 1902 uni. :lol:

Mehhhhhhh @ the all-red design. Mehhh @ the N on the front too.

If that in fact is the design, it's fine. Just not spectacular.

Haha my gf just walked in...

"Those are the alternate uniforms? I don't like 'em. I don't like the all-red. That N looks weird. Hm."

Glad to see we're sort of on the same page lol

Agreed. All red = Power Ranger

I guess I wasn't too far off with this:

7120475631_85deab346d_z.jpg

Like I predicted too, only minor differences between this and what that video shows. Not bad. Don't think I am some crystal ball forecaster type though.

I suppose if this is the real deal (which it seems) then we should be on the lookout for a Wisconsin one, that looks fairly similar albeit an away version, to be released in the near future, if it hasn't been already.

eh I highly doubt it. Barry Alvarez is pretty resistant to that sort of treatment and is pretty adamant about not changing up our look. It took a long while until UW players were allowed to even wear gloves with the motion W on them for example. We subtly altered our Rose Bowl uniforms last year by using a sublimated rose pattern in our numbers and helmet decal, but that's about as far as he'd like to go. It's not impossible, but i just don't think it'll happen.

Makes sense. Just throwing this out there though, people said it wouldnt happen at Nebraska and Wisconsin has already bent a bit in that direction as well. Also, the source that tipped us to the look that I created my concept image from and now realized in the vids also said the Badgers would have a version for themselves for this game. so for what it's worth...

Kinda silly to pull the video when screenshots exist. Oh well.

Also - to those hating the alternate uniform, this is a great lesson in "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it." Lots of clamor for an alt/uni over the years. Now that we have one.... it looks like this.