Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Texas A&M (another adidas school) just posted their new uniform look. This may (or may not) be a good indicator of the direction that adidas will go with the Huskers one time look. Judge for yourself.

Isn't this just A&M's new uniform? I really doubt the Husker's one time look is going to be that small of a change. There would be no reason to even announce it if that were the case. What changed on the A&M uniform? Some patches/stripes on the arms and some funny looking socks as far as I can tell.

What if they did something like aTm but changes the shoulder strips to a vertical position, like the Colts (and Duke :unsure: ) wear. I know we had something like that in the 70's. And then we could bring back the grey face mask like someone else said. I NEED MY CHECK!!

Texas A&M (another adidas school) just posted their new uniform look. This may (or may not) be a good indicator of the direction that adidas will go with the Huskers one time look. Judge for yourself.

Isn't this just A&M's new uniform? I really doubt the Husker's one time look is going to be that small of a change. There would be no reason to even announce it if that were the case. What changed on the A&M uniform? Some patches/stripes on the arms and some funny looking socks as far as I can tell.

Uh, yeah. Hence my line about "new uniform". /sarcasm

In all honesty there have been bigger announcements for smaller changes in uniform style. The fact that you can't even tell (hell most probably can't) is proof enough of the ridiculousness of it all. However, the idea isn't that Nebraska will make stupid small changes for a one timer, the idea is that you can take cues from what has been incorporated here into whatever "futuristic" style they are going to get. First off, "futuristic" to Dr. Tom is likely a CD player and internet so take "futuristic" as a grain of salt until something comes out. But for instance: the obvious ones, darker-matte finishes, sharp angular lines in more places, graphics on numbers (regarding an homage to some sort of Husker tradition), yes those funny looking socks and hell, maybe even "Big Red" on the sleeve of the compression shirt underneath. Doesn't seem like much and it definitely doesn't mean that is what they will get, just clues as potential since designs from one apparel company tend to not stray too far from team to team.

I find it hard to believe that the design is going to be anything more than smallish changes which to me include the same look, incorporating a large amount of black (for many reasons including BFBS) and maybe some added or rotated striping. But I am interested in seeing what clues are out there and what happens, others are too, and they eat this s#@t up. This is why I post and this is very likely why the school makes an announcement like that (even if for stupid small changes).

This probably comes off awfully harsh. I am tired and I get terribly sarcastic when I am tired, so don't read too much into it.