Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Black may be introduced into the Husker alternates but at least its part of their athletics overall color scheme. Maybe not entirely in football but through other sports.

Arizona on the other hand is apparently introducing copper.

http://www.sbnation....-copper-helmets

That is actually really interesting and could have looked great with the blue and red if it was properly done...which is wasn't. But I can see copper being a really cool trim color for a stripe on the uniform or some accent on the helmets and see it working really well with Arizona's colors.

But a full-blown copper helmet? #comeonman

I could see that working well also. Or, as we have found out when some uni designs finally actually see the dun, it could look brown and totally awful. This will have a metallic finish and should look good but start jumping into fabric colorways and it could turn bad, quickly.

Ssshhhhh...if nothing than to add a red helmet to the rumor mongoring. Dang that helmet N decal looks super hard to see on here. The graphite gray helmet stripe looks like a funny outline too.

7275511090_695fa8db2e_o.jpg

If they can make the N more recognizable, then I would be on board for this helmet, depending on the uniform they put them with. They ought to outline the N with silver or something, or make the entire thing silver. If anybody wants to use photoshop and mock that up, I think it would look sweet.

Ssshhhhh...if nothing than to add a red helmet to the rumor mongoring. Dang that helmet N decal looks super hard to see on here. The graphite gray helmet stripe looks like a funny outline too.

7275511090_695fa8db2e_o.jpg

If they can make the N more recognizable, then I would be on board for this helmet, depending on the uniform they put them with. They ought to outline the N with silver or something, or make the entire thing silver. If anybody wants to use photoshop and mock that up, I think it would look sweet.

When I was making this, the N was easier to pick out. Lighting like this will render those blacks hard to see for sure. Lighting more unidirectional from above or the side, like the sun, or stadium style lighting from all angles will make it far easier to see. But I can do a less black-more deep graphite gray to show the difference.

For those that are too young to remember...

Thanks for that kick to the gut!!! I could take you to within a couple of seats from where I saw that happen. For what ever reason I had my binoculars focused on Jackson that play. I felt sick to my stomach then and kind of ill watching it now. But damn those NU v OU games were the best ever weren't they?

Incredible catch, should've been flagged for PI though, totally pushed-off.

I really hope they are for the Wisconsin game. I think most of us would like to see a huge change in the uniforms like the trend has been, something similar to the nike pro combats that oregon or other teams experiment with, however i don't believe we will do anything too crazy :(

I think you're in the minority.....................ALOT of people don't want to see the uniforms change at all and hate most of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

I really hope they are for the Wisconsin game. I think most of us would like to see a huge change in the uniforms like the trend has been, something similar to the nike pro combats that oregon or other teams experiment with, however i don't believe we will do anything too crazy :(

I think you're in the minority.....................ALOT of people don't want to see the uniforms change at all and hate most of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

I bet it's split pretty closely...I think you have the traditionalist who don't want them changed at all, and the younger crowd including students wanting a change to keep up with the trends...Not saying that we (students) don't care about tradition, but its all about the show and publicity, why do you think oregon sells more sports apparel than any other school in the nation? rhetorical question

Err, no.