Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Adidas and NU should have done this the smart way. Create a poll and allow us as the fans to vote on the uni's. Have multiple versions of the Uni and allow us to vote then don't show the uniforms chosen until the game. Would have all been a surprise and at least then Adidas and the school would have at least made some people happy. there would still be people bitching about them, but at least they'd have the chance to feel like their opinion was heard.

Hell make a poll to vote on pants, jersey's helmets and everything one by one, then match it best from there.

• Fire 2

Also, does anyone know if that's a real song in the video? Kinda catchy. Made me wanna slap some people or key some cars.

For anyone wondering, it's a snippet of "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore. Pretty good song IMO.

I found it a little bit ago. It IS a good song. Thanks for the reply

• Fire 1

I don't have anything clever to add. I think they are kind of embarrassing. And they'll be much more embarrassing if we lose, especially by a lot.

The whole story arc is kind of sad for us. In the late nineties, Nebraska is still at the top of the CFB world with a concrete identity, a unique and powerful offensive system, and traditional unis. Around the turn of the century, Oregon introduces their first rendition of their current unis. Most of the powerhouse programs giggle. Silly Oregon, you can't let your play on the field speak for you. You have to come out with this wacky attire to get people to pay attention to you.

Fast forward to 2012. Oregon is now one of the elite football programs, a perennial top ten team under Kelly and expected to compete for a national title again this year. Nebraska is trying to win their first conference title in 13 years, and they're considered underdogs to at least Michigan and Wisconsin. Nebraska is now adding this alternate uniform for a game. The uniform is an Adidas knock-off of Nike's Pro Combat series, which was initially created because of the buzz surrounding Oregon's uniforms, also made by Nike. So we're getting in on a rip-off of a trend started over a decade ago by a team most people laughed at. And to top it off, the end result doesn't even look good.

• Fire 5

I don't have anything clever to add. I think they are kind of embarrassing. And they'll be much more embarrassing if we lose, especially by a lot.

The whole story arc is kind of sad for us. In the late nineties, Nebraska is still at the top of the CFB world with a concrete identity, a unique and powerful offensive system, and traditional unis. Around the turn of the century, Oregon introduces their first rendition of their current unis. Most of the powerhouse programs giggle. Silly Oregon, you can't let your play on the field speak for you. You have to come out with this wacky attire to get people to pay attention to you.

Fast forward to 2012. Oregon is now one of the elite football programs, a perennial top ten team under Kelly and expected to compete for a national title again this year. Nebraska is trying to win their first conference title in 13 years, and they're considered underdogs to at least Michigan and Wisconsin. Nebraska is now adding this alternate uniform for a game. The uniform is an Adidas knock-off of Nike's Pro Combat series, which was initially created because of the buzz surrounding Oregon's uniforms, also made by Nike. So we're getting in on a rip-off of a trend started over a decade ago by a team most people laughed at. And to top it off, the end result doesn't even look good.

It is a friday man, cheer up :dunno

I'm pretty sure after reading the comments on the Huskers facebook page, that this will not be done again for quite sometime.

Tradition, I suppose. I wanted new uniforms for this season, thought we needed some black in there. While I don't think they're awful like a lot of people seem to think, I think they probably could've done a whole lot better.

But it's just a one time thing. Not like that is what we wear from here on out.

It is a friday man, cheer up :dunno

Haha, yeah my post came off slightly overdramatic. On gameday, I'll have a shot or two of Kool-Aid and be fine with them. Might even like the black helmets in person. Just hope we have a better gameplan against Wisky this time.

I'm pretty sure after reading the comments on the Huskers facebook page, that this will not be done again for quite sometime.

Tradition, I suppose. I wanted new uniforms for this season, thought we needed some black in there. While I don't think they're awful like a lot of people seem to think, I think they probably could've done a whole lot better.

It's not so much traditionalist as much as it is people thinking that they are just ugly. I think the N on the center is really causing a lot of the debate. There are also quite a few people calling for the switch to nike, which I dont think most people would mind, honestly.

• Fire 1

It's not so much traditionalist as much as it is people thinking that they are just ugly. I think the N on the center is really causing a lot of the debate. There are also quite a few people calling for the switch to nike, which I dont think most people would mind, honestly.

I'd prefer a switch to Nike...more popular among recruits and they would have likely created a better alternate

I like them. Something different, just for one game. Although if the pants were white or black they would be almost perfect.

I'd grade them a solid B.

Docked for:

- Numbers on chest. Should have just left it as the "N"

- Unitard look. Pants should be White or Black.

- Socks.

- Faux shoulder swoops. Which the loops would have gone all the way around.

I like them. Something different, just for one game. Although if the pants were white or black they would be almost perfect.

I'd grade them a solid B.

Docked for:

- Numbers on chest. Should have just left it as the "N"

- Unitard look. Pants should be White or Black.

- Socks.

- Faux shoulder swoops. Which the loops would have gone all the way around.

This isnt possible. NCAA rules state that there must be some form of visible number on both the front and back of the jersey.