Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

The pics in the more direct light look a bit better, but I'm not sold yet.

I am curious...if we wear these and give Wisky an absolute, old school Husker beat down, worse than the whipping they gave us last year...would there be a rallying cry then for the new uniforms? It would be interesting. Let me rephrase that (puts down empty kool-aid glass)..it WILL be interesting....

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the cat fully out of the bag, Adidas releases official pics:

Ay0prENCcAAWzmB.jpg

Perhaps I had a bit of a kneejerk reaction because the lighting in this picture makes them look tenfold better. The other picture makes the red look like OU crimson. I can actually kind of dig these and think they will grow on me.

I like them. Something different, just for one game. Although if the pants were white or black they would be almost perfect.

I'd grade them a solid B.

Docked for:

- Numbers on chest. Should have just left it as the "N"

- Unitard look. Pants should be White or Black.

- Socks.

- Faux shoulder swoops. Which the loops would have gone all the way around.

This isnt possible. NCAA rules state that there must be some form of visible number on both the front and back of the jersey.

Oh, well, disregard that point then. I didn't remember the Michigan jerseys having a number from the top of my head.

I like them. Something different, just for one game. Although if the pants were white or black they would be almost perfect.

I'd grade them a solid B.

Docked for:

- Numbers on chest. Should have just left it as the "N"

- Unitard look. Pants should be White or Black.

- Socks.

- Faux shoulder swoops. Which the loops would have gone all the way around.

The shoulder stripes have never wrapped all the way around. We wore socks like this(pretty much the very same style) in the bowl game against South Carolina.

Need a black belt, and then I'll REALLY love em'. Right now I just really like them.

It looks like there isn't a place for a belt lol. The models who wear these things always look odd. They should have just got a few players to come out and put em on.

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

They look fine. But God forbid lets keep trash talking the huskers' Facebook page, youtube videos, and message boards because then the university and T.O would love to do something fun and out of the ordinary again.

Yeah, it's a pretty sh**ty deal. This is why the University never goes for something new, and I don't blame them. They lose one way or the other every time.

Really sad. Are we that attention hungry? Are we that dude in class who has to try to be like everyone else, trying to stick out to get attention? Mommy not give us enough attention so we need something to say... he look at us! f'ing disgrace!

Our boys have played for 50 years without needed a new uni. If the kids we have today want new unis, feel free to transfer.

Our 6 seats will be empty for this game, i cant support stupid sh#t like this.

and there goes the sellout strike.

• Fire 1