Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

If you look at the top 15 recruiting class this year, 12 out of 15 are Nike brand teams: http://rivals.yahoo....nk/2013/all/all

What exactly are you implying?

Nike brand teams outperformed Adidas brand teams

That has nothing to do with the brand they're wearing and everything to do with the quality recruiting coaches they have.

Nike obviously puts steriods in their material.. Duh

If you look at the top 15 recruiting class this year, 12 out of 15 are Nike brand teams: http://rivals.yahoo....nk/2013/all/all

That has nothing to do with the brand they're wearing and everything to do with the quality recruiting coaches they have.

I don't think Haspula is saying that, by wearing Nike, teams are performing better, but that it just so happens 12 of the top 15 teams in the country are represented by Nike.

Just a tidbit for the debate.

I don't think Haspula is saying that, by wearing Nike, teams are performing better, but that it just so happens 12 of the top 15 teams in the country are represented by Nike.

Just a tidbit for the debate.

I get that. I just don't understand what the point of that tidbit was.

In the mid-80's there was nothing hotter than Adidas. Run DMC made them as iconic as Jordan did for Nike.

run-dmc-paris.jpg

There are still people who will still think that it doesn't matter, when it really does, in some kids eyes. Not that it's a big deal. Nike is just the cool thing right now.

It's been the "cool thing" as long as I can remember.. When has Adidas been "cooler" than Nike?

In the mid-80's there was nothing hotter than Adidas. Run DMC made them as iconic as Jordan did for Nike.

run-dmc-paris.jpg

There are still people who will still think that it doesn't matter, when it really does, in some kids eyes. Not that it's a big deal. Nike is just the cool thing right now.

It's been the "cool thing" as long as I can remember.. When has Adidas been "cooler" than Nike?

Why this may be true, its hard to take anything from the mid 80's as cool. I mean for gods sake this kind of stuff was cool

images.jpeg

run-dmc-paris.jpg

Why this may be true, its hard to take anything from the mid 80's as cool. I mean for gods sake this kind of stuff was cool

Chronological snobbery. In fact, I bet that picture is from this decade. The stuff that people wear and do right now will be looked at in the exact same way 20 years from now.

The 80's style of things are coming back now, and honestly its terrible so yes it will be looked on the same way. and yea that picture probably is from this decade.

Anyways, if NU does another alternate uni this year I hope its not the same as what we did this year, I hope they do something unique every time they wear an alternate

Chronological snobbery. In fact, I bet that picture is from this decade. The stuff that people wear and do right now will be looked at in the exact same way 20 years from now.

Certain things that people wear already are looked at that way by a lot of people. Examples:

-skinny jeans

-gage earrings (seriously, gross)

That's pretty much all I could think of off the top of my head.

And the fact that Nike simply outfits more teams than Adidas does.

• 2 weeks later...