Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

There are still people who will still think that it doesn't matter, when it really does, in some kids eyes. Not that it's a big deal. Nike is just the cool thing right now.

It's been the "cool thing" as long as I can remember.. When has Adidas been "cooler" than Nike?

Adidas was pretty hot stuff around the 2000-2005 years. You had Superstars, T-Mac shoes, Garnett and Arenas, not to mention their HUGE popularity in Europe, especially with more casual wear.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130315/HUSKERS/703159866/1002#nebraska-extends-deal-with-adidas

“It's a mix of price, how much they're going to give you and quality of the merchandise,” Perlman said.

“Good partner,” Eichorst said. “Great customer service. They get it. They get the big picture.”

Husker wide receiver Kenny Bell said Adidas' on-campus rep is helpful for special requests or quickly replacing equipment. An example: Bell said he struggles with turf toe, so he requested titanium plates be placed in the toes of his cleats. He got them within days, he said. “There's a difference between guys who care what it looks like and guys who care if it works,” Bell said. “Does Nike have some cool designs? Absolutely. You can't lie. But I love what Adidas does. And I care more if it works and feels good.”

• Fire 2

It's been the "cool thing" as long as I can remember.. When has Adidas been "cooler" than Nike?

Adidas was pretty hot stuff around the 2000-2005 years. You had Superstars, T-Mac shoes, Garnett and Arenas, not to mention their HUGE popularity in Europe, especially with more casual wear.

I think Adidas is still pretty popular in Europe. Afterall it is a European brand.

Hey if you want to be called the greatest of all time you gotta wear Adidas. Ali did...

I think Adidas is still pretty popular in Europe. Afterall it is a European brand.

Hey if you want to be called the greatest of all time you gotta wear Adidas. Ali did...

michael-jordan-air-jordan-v-white-fire-red-3.jpg?w=812

• Fire 2

As a young guy, I can pretty much vouch for the idolization of Nike among young people, especially athletes. It is pretty much a lifestyle. Just an estimation, but I would guess if you could poll athletes, something like 80-90% would choose Nike by far. Me personally, I used to be that way too, but then I played at a school that was sponsored by Adidas and really grew to like their stuff. Adidas has great socks and cleats, but Nike destroys them in everything else.

• Fire 2

Zb9hvXj.png

I would absolutely love for us to bust these bad boys out for our reunion with Oklahoma.

I'd be happy with these as our permanent uniforms.

Me too. I love the Indianapolis Colt stripes. The stripes have been migrating higher on the home jerseys for sometime anyway.

johnny-rodgers_display_image.jpg?1317611942

No they haven't. They were higher up one year, in 2010, but the last two years have been at normal height.