Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I like the all whites and should bring these out some time this year

Do you remember what happened the last time they went all white uniforms?

We lost.

Remember what happened the last time they went out in normal red/white uniforms?

We went 8-4. Don't get me wrong, I liked the all white look, I am just very superstitous about uniforms. I was happy to see the alternate uni's last year, but if they would have lost that game I would have been against another game like that. It's just me.

Superstition is exactly that; superstition. You're proving the irrationality of it in your post, "I liked them but if they would have lost, even though they won, if they would have lost it would have been the fault of the uniforms."

And what? 8-4? What are you referring to?

I like the all whites and should bring these out some time this year

Do you remember what happened the last time they went all white uniforms?

We lost.

Remember what happened the last time they went out in normal red/white uniforms?

We went 8-4. Don't get me wrong, I liked the all white look, I am just very superstitous about uniforms. I was happy to see the alternate uni's last year, but if they would have lost that game I would have been against another game like that. It's just me.

Superstition is exactly that; superstition. You're proving the irrationality of it in your post, "I liked them but if they would have lost, even though they won, if they would have lost it would have been the fault of the uniforms."

And what? 8-4? What are you referring to?

The season record minus the alt uni game for what happened with normal uniforms. Should have typed 9-4. Look I am neurotic when it comes to my superstitions. I was very nervous about the Wisc game. And the white uni's, although many years ago, still worry me. It's stupid, but I can't help it.

I might be in the minority here but I am old school and would like to think that tradition outweighs fad! It will all come full circle (I think) and the schools who know who they are, will be one up on the pretenders! :dunno

No, you're not in the minority. You're in the nauseatingly overwhelming majority.

LOL, might be, but what we are known for or built didn't come from fads. The glory days everyone refers too was built on tradition not what color our uni's were. I know some people are going to tell me those were different times and the kids today enjoy them and it helps in recruiting. To that I say; do whatever you have to do to be competitive, the color of the jersey won't stop me from going to games, it is just my preference and I am nobody but a fan!

The season record minus the alt uni game for what happened with normal uniforms. Should have typed 9-4. Look I am neurotic when it comes to my superstitions. I was very nervous about the Wisc game. And the white uni's, although many years ago, still worry me. It's stupid, but I can't help it.

What season are you referring to?

The last time we wore all-whites was 2007 against Colorado, losing 65-51, and finishing 5-7. There hasn't been another season in recent memory in which we've worn them unless you count the 2002 uniforms, which nobody does.

What season are you referring to?

The last time we wore all-whites was 2007 against Colorado, losing 65-51, and finishing 5-7. There hasn't been another season in recent memory in which we've worn them unless you count the 2002 uniforms, which nobody does.

You asked what happened the last time we wore normal uniforms. Which I assume you are referring to the last bowl game, which we lost. I just took it a step further and said that we wore normal uniforms for 13 of the 14 games last year. We went 9-4 in those games.

Uniforms can be a very good recruiting tool.
They can be if you use it like Oregon. But we are not them and never will be when it comes to uniforms. No kid is going to mention us in recruiting because we have 1 alternate uniform game per year.

I totally agree. Just stating that it can be a great tool. I think Nebraska should do a alternate uni one game or so every year. Dont get me wrong I like the traditional unis but it can get the players pumped up wearing something a little different.

These conversations always miss a huge element.

The players love them.

Isn't this what it's about? It's not about you and me. If the players love them, I don't care what they look like. This is their team.

This ^ Like I said in an earlier post "if it helps us bring in the right players so we can be competitive”, let’s get the glow in the dark uni's,

I don't care! Just win!

• Fire 1