ATH Elijah Qualls [Washington Commit]

Nexus

I'm pretty sure the coaches know what they are getting into. I understand the coaches advice, but this is Qualls' decision, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and let the kid figure it out for himself. Seems like a pretty objective approach to keep him UW centered.

Actually seems like the coaches main objective is to get him qualified academically, can't fault him for that

I'm pretty sure the coaches know what they are getting into. I understand the coaches advice, but this is Qualls' decision, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and let the kid figure it out for himself. Seems like a pretty objective approach to keep him UW centered.

Actually seems like the coaches main objective is to get him qualified academically, can't fault him for that

I do understand that, and I agree. Just would rather hear from the horses mouth instead of the coach.

Scout is reporting this morning that he is no longer a soft verbal to UW and is officially committed despite him taking officials.

Soft verbal means you are looking at other colleges and/or taking visits (fully knowing it is all about the free trips). That is why he is back to no longer being labeled as a "soft" commit even though it seems like he never was. I hate it when recruits waste coaches time, for any coach, but that is a reality of life.

Scout is reporting this morning that he is no longer a soft verbal to UW and is officially committed despite him taking officials.

Soft verbal means you are looking at other colleges and/or taking visits (fully knowing it is all about the free trips). That is why he is back to no longer being labeled as a "soft" commit even though it seems like he never was. I hate it when recruits waste coaches time, for any coach, but that is a reality of life.

I know what a soft verbal is. What Scout showed was a re-commitment to UW.