ATH Elijah Qualls [Washington Commit]

Nexus

a couple things this guy said that I don't like. 1) Arizona is not too far from home and I have family there so it wouldn't be too far for me to go. (want's to stay closer to home and family). 2) He said he doesn't have good grades in high school and wants to step that up in college. His goal (which is really high for him) is a 3.0.

I don't like the grade situation or the fear of going away from home with this kid. He also said a few other things that makes me feel like our staff may back off of him a bit. The things he's looking for in a program seem to be pretty shallow compared to some of these other guys.

• 2 weeks later...

ya we have 2 get him in for a visit, he is definately a washington guy right now but that doesnt mean it cant change if we get him in for a visit

If we get him to visit I feel good with our chances but right now I just dont feel it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple of links on this young man.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377357

As a player he has rotated in the positions he has played so he is "only" ranked as a 3* now. He will participate in the Rivals 100 5* Challenge in Atlanta later this month. Sounds like he has an official planned for Nebraska during the season.

Some interesting video here on the various positions he plays. Has good agility and size for a running back and what would be great speed for an interior DL.