ATH Elijah Qualls [Washington Commit]

Nexus

• 4 months later...

This guy is the recruit that organized a group verbal committment at UW this past summer. Flip the leader and other chips may fall, like Stringfellow

Good call, i forgot about that. Im sure his looking around will raise some eyebrows with the guys he committed with, like Stringfellow. Alot of these kids would love to come to Nebraska but its all about the distance. Couldnt imagine the kids we would get if we were in a better location.

distance counts but many other schools that aren't exactly next to major populations continue to recruit top guys.. do we need to focus more regionally maybe.. but regardless good programs can attract top guys to their schools inspite of distance not because of it.... i am proud of our efforts but dont think we should use distance all the time (though im sure it is a legit reason for some guys...)

It is not an excuse, but it is in fact a legit concern.

Irie, I like you man, but I don't believe there are many other programs in less desirable locations that pull better classes than we do.

i agree we pull a lot of great kids but what makes Lincoln such an undesirable location..... is it the cold? lots of places get freezing cold. is it the town? is lincoln that sh**ty? I mean some of these other major programs are in some sh**ty middle of locations away from any town..... hell not all colleges can be in metropolitan areas. Even colleges in some towns look pretty shitti am just wondering? I know the whole state lives and breathes Huskers and i bet that hooks a lot of kids..... i also think lots of kids dont see Nebraska as flashy as the teams ESPN hypes (can someone kill those fuckheads who program ESPN)... we definetly have a stacked deck but im also not buying the distance thing... if kids dont want to come to Nebraska find the kids that do..... (simplistic drunken statement)

It is not an excuse, but it is in fact a legit concern.

Irie, I like you man, but I don't believe there are many other programs in less desirable locations that pull better classes than we do.

i agree we pull a lot of great kids but what makes Lincoln such an undesirable location..... is it the cold? lots of places get freezing cold. is it the town? is lincoln that sh**ty? I mean some of these other major programs are in some sh**ty middle of locations away from any town..... hell not all colleges can be in metropolitan areas. Even colleges in some towns look pretty shitti am just wondering? I know the whole state lives and breathes Huskers and i bet that hooks a lot of kids..... i also think lots of kids dont see Nebraska as flashy as the teams ESPN hypes (can someone kill those fuckheads who program ESPN)... we definetly have a stacked deck but im also not buying the distance thing... if kids dont want to come to Nebraska find the kids that do..... (simplistic drunken statement)

irie, the distance deal with a lot of these kids isn't Lincoln's location per say, but the distance away from family andfriends. It us easier travel wise for the athlete to get home, our parents to see them. TV packages help watch games for parents, but staring in a certain area near home those games are on basic packages. Also there are cases where said athlete had friends who are at said school our nearby. These are more of the factors that many are alluding to e when the distance card is used.