Run a 4-3 and push your S back. A 3-3-5 is good for the pass too. Me being a NCAA vet I don't have any problems with defense as I would consider myself a defensive guru on that game. Tip the D line controls everything the D does in that game.

When I take a defensive lineman and try to rush the passer I literally get tackled by the OL every time and there's never a holding call. But when I'm on offense I get called for holding...lol.

And the false starts, oh lordy the false starts, I get called at least 10 times in every game.

Personally, I find the recruiting process in dynasty mode on this game incredibly tedious and boring.

What I do, is on my recruiting board I target first the players I need to fill the holes on my roster. Then I target other players to maintain depth at all the other positions. I then simulate through the system the entire recruiting process. The result? One #2 ranked class and the other was the #3 ranked class. It simply doesn't pay to "drill down" into the depths of recruiting this game allows you to. And I've completely avoided scouting any of these players because every time I scout them they always are crappy. So I simply let the computer do what it does and I haven't had a single issue.

This is overall a fun game, but the defense is a complete mystery. In my second dynasty season I was at home against Michigan St and the final score ended up being 56 to 49. I won the game but the Spartans literally had like 600 yards of offense. It didn't matter what I did on defense. If I play base either man or zone they ran the ball for at least 7 yards a pop. When I blitzed they torched me on long TD passes. If I played zone they picked me apart. There were no audibles to call, no substitution packages to run, no timeouts to be employed that could help my defense in that game. On one snap I blitzed the nickel CB, he came in totally unblocked, and hit the MSU QB full force and started to wrap up on the tackle. You'd think that was a sack right? Not even close. The MSU QB literally pushed my guy to the ground and fired a TD pass 49 yards down the field to a FR who was double covered.

Run a 4-3 and push your S back. A 3-3-5 is good for the pass too. Me being a NCAA vet I don't have any problems with defense as I would consider myself a defensive guru on that game. Tip the D line controls everything the D does in that game.

I've been running 4-3 a lot. Its helped a lot. Any more tips on which type of lineman/other defensive players i should recruit? I tried to get lots of run stoppers on the d-line and coverage players for the safety position

Personally, I find the recruiting process in dynasty mode on this game incredibly tedious and boring.

What I do, is on my recruiting board I target first the players I need to fill the holes on my roster. Then I target other players to maintain depth at all the other positions. I then simulate through the system the entire recruiting process. The result? One #2 ranked class and the other was the #3 ranked class. It simply doesn't pay to "drill down" into the depths of recruiting this game allows you to. And I've completely avoided scouting any of these players because every time I scout them they always are crappy. So I simply let the computer do what it does and I haven't had a single issue.

This is overall a fun game, but the defense is a complete mystery. In my second dynasty season I was at home against Michigan St and the final score ended up being 56 to 49. I won the game but the Spartans literally had like 600 yards of offense. It didn't matter what I did on defense. If I play base either man or zone they ran the ball for at least 7 yards a pop. When I blitzed they torched me on long TD passes. If I played zone they picked me apart. There were no audibles to call, no substitution packages to run, no timeouts to be employed that could help my defense in that game. On one snap I blitzed the nickel CB, he came in totally unblocked, and hit the MSU QB full force and started to wrap up on the tackle. You'd think that was a sack right? Not even close. The MSU QB literally pushed my guy to the ground and fired a TD pass 49 yards down the field to a FR who was double covered.

I've been running 4-3 a lot. Its helped a lot. Any more tips on which type of lineman/other defensive players i should recruit? I tried to get lots of run stoppers on the d-line and coverage players for the safety position

I recruit all. Just get familar with the D put your DL to the strongside if there is one every time. Every now and then blitz a little bit to.

I recruit all. Just get familar with the D put your DL to the strongside if there is one every time. Every now and then blitz a little bit to.

I started hitting the LB button XBOX 360 and you can change the aggressiveness of your schemes. Seemed to work pretty well for me. I don't remeber everything I did but I haven't given up say more than 150 yards in one game for rushing.

I started hitting the LB button XBOX 360 and you can change the aggressiveness of your schemes. Seemed to work pretty well for me. I don't remeber everything I did but I haven't given up say more than 150 yards in one game for rushing.

LOL. I give up like 30 yards a game and about 150 total.

You need a job

You need a job

Sadly its true. I'll get one in a month or so.

You need a job

I can proudly say I serve and still do serve in the US NAVY.

Got to admit, they did a good job fixing the zone read. Passing is better as well. But of course, just like when they fixed the running years ago and the passing game took a huge hit. This year, the passing game has improved, but running has been rather hard. I have been thinking about turning up the RB Ability slider to compensate for the AI systems know-it-all when it comes to running Burkhead.

My first game was against USM. While Martinez had a decent day through the air, 238 yards passing with 3 TDs (2 INTS which were my fault for getting accustomed to the new passing system). Burkhead on 26 carries only racked up 133 yards, and they were hard fought yards on All-American. Even when i played Wisconsin, who ranked #11 in the Big Ten when giving up rushing yards on defense (406 per game). On 32 carries, Burkhead only managed 86 yards. Through the first five weeks, the only game in which Burkhead had over 200 yards rushing was against FCS West, Arkansas St. and USM were under 150 yards, and UCLA and Wisconsin kept him under 100 yards.

A positive note, Burkhead is #3 in the NCAA for most rushing yards. Maybe i am being greedy.

Defensively, Huskers have been doing great. The top 5 NCAA leaders in sacks consist of Martin, Meredith and Steinkuhler. Secondary has been doing a great job, Green has 5 INT while Seisay is right behind with 4. Seisay actually has the only INT to be returned for a TD against Wisconsin (Neb 42 vs Wis 21). O'Brien had 5 INTs during that game and was sacked 6 times with a FF.

Right now i am ranked #5 going into Columbus to face Ohio St.

Recruiting is better this year too. I like the scouting option. Normally i shy away from 2 star recruits. But something told me to take a look at this 2 star CB from Nebraska, I scouted him and his overall projection will be 73. Pretty good for a 2 star recruit, Normally i would have to find a 4 star CB recruit with that projection. So i think it makes it easier to find hidden gem recruits. Which really hits home as to what Nebraska does with its recruiting.

I didn't like the playbook once again they picked out for Nebraska, too much shotgun. Though they did add Pistol this year and kept Wildcat. But i felt there was not enough I-Form and under center formations. So i added more I-form formations and plays that utilized the FB more and more Ace to get Martinez under center for the PA boot. So i think i struck a very good balanced offense.

I'm waiting for a copy to show up in the used section of my local gamestop

I wonder how much they'll give back to the poor sob who brings it in? If you trade in a game that came out within the last couple of weeks/months, I think the most you'll get is $35. But sports games have terrible trade in rates. I remember I got $10 for bringing in NCAA '11 in 2012.

I'm waiting for a copy to show up in the used section of my local gamestop

I wonder how much they'll give back to the poor sob who brings it in? If you trade in a game that came out within the last couple of weeks/months, I think the most you'll get is $35. But sports games have terrible trade in rates. I remember I got $10 for bringing in NCAA '11 in 2012.

GameStop offered $30 back by August 11, one month after its release, it's now 25 for a trade