Bo statement

imo i think that's kind of pathetic. studying? are you joking, the spring game is what, 3 or 4 hours of your sunday, youre telling me you cant study from 5p.m to midnight? what are other reasons? church? i bet less than 10% of the team goes to church on sundays

3 or 4 hours? I am sure most players just roll out of bed and run out of the tunnel.

This thread has all kinds of WIN.

We're dealing with two separate issues. Yes, they were totally in the right to cancel on Saturday. That should be a no-brainer. But what stopped them from moving it indoors? What stopped them from playing it yesterday with the players who could and/or wanted to play? You don't have be a salivating, bitter fan to ask those questions.

My guess is it had a lot to do with the fact that the Hawks Championship Center is a tin shed with no basement, no storm cellar, and it would have been a difficult proposition to get the roughly 200-250 people (players, coaches, recruits and various family) who would have been allowed to attend that practice into a safe place should a storm have hit.

There were 122 tornadoes Saturday. Here's a link to the storm paths. If even one player, one recruit, one recruit's family member or one fan gets hurt by a storm, the negative press would have been catastrophic. Why risk that?

I lost over $100 Saturday between tickets and concessions waiting for the game to start. Sucks. But at some point you just have to chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

What out knapp, the next thing that's going to be said is, well there wasn't one tornado producing storm even close to LIncoln. At least that's what the map said.

This thread is unbelievable. Play for me... "crack whip" get out there and throw this ball to that guy so i can be entertained "crack whip" There is nothing more important in the world then a bunch of college kids playing football, you will drop everything in your life and entertain me. You will left weights and run 5 miles everyday when your not entertaining me, and you may under no circumstances miss one practice, or your not dedicated enough. Make sure you eat sleep and drink football, i want you to be the best, football is NOT fun, this is your job.."crack whip" Now get out there and entertain the fans so we can make millions of dollars off of you. When your done shower so you dont stink and get your asses back to your rooms, i want you to watch this film on what you did wrong because your pathetic. What you have family here to see you? I dont give a f#*k what you have going on, you are at the University of Nebraska, our fans expect championships. The university only made 30 million off your free labor last year, they want 35 this year so were going to have extra practices. See you at 5am for your conditioning on your "day off"

BBBXII, I know there were several reports of one at least being spotted and having touched down in NW Lincoln on Saturday night. Weather like that, tough always to know where something is popping up. I found it interesting that nothing was listed on that map in that vein around NW Lincoln, though. The reports I heard had it touching down just East of the airport (for the record, that's the part of town both my folks and my family lives in, and we happened to be at my folks most of the day).

As for the game, I think the right call was made on Saturday, and I think the right call was made for Sunday to put family and personal matters ahead of playing the game. I think part of what this staff is all about, and what I've always been impressed with, is the importance of family. That this team is viewed as a family, and your family as a player is also important to this staff. For some on this team, I would imagine a visit from their family is NOT a regular occurrence on campus, and that time would be important to them.

I also believe that faith is important for a lot of these kids, and that having that time on Sunday also means a lot to them. To whomever stated they believed less than 10% went to church? I find that difficult to believe, knowing how strong faith is and has always been with the Nebraska program. Not to the extent that anyone is forced into anything, but it is certainly a part for anyone that wishes to participate. I have no statistics on it, but I would imagine a large portion of the team likely goes to church on Sundays. If the numbers in the prayer circle signifies anything, that would certainly lend credence to faith amongst many, and would think that would at least play a factor into transferring the game to Sunday.

All that being said, I still think the major factor was family, and to me, that shows strong leadership on the part of the staff to recognize that and reinforce to the student-athletes that family is important.

My two cents, probably half of that after inflation. :)

BBBXII, I know there were several reports of one at least being spotted and having touched down in NW Lincoln on Saturday night. Weather like that, tough always to know where something is popping up. I found it interesting that nothing was listed on that map in that vein around NW Lincoln, though. The reports I heard had it touching down just East of the airport (for the record, that's the part of town both my folks and my family lives in, and we happened to be at my folks most of the day).

As for the game, I think the right call was made on Saturday, and I think the right call was made for Sunday to put family and personal matters ahead of playing the game. I think part of what this staff is all about, and what I've always been impressed with, is the importance of family. That this team is viewed as a family, and your family as a player is also important to this staff. For some on this team, I would imagine a visit from their family is NOT a regular occurrence on campus, and that time would be important to them.

I also believe that faith is important for a lot of these kids, and that having that time on Sunday also means a lot to them. To whomever stated they believed less than 10% went to church? I find that difficult to believe, knowing how strong faith is and has always been with the Nebraska program. Not to the extent that anyone is forced into anything, but it is certainly a part for anyone that wishes to participate. I have no statistics on it, but I would imagine a large portion of the team likely goes to church on Sundays. If the numbers in the prayer circle signifies anything, that would certainly lend credence to faith amongst many, and would think that would at least play a factor into transferring the game to Sunday.

All that being said, I still think the major factor was family, and to me, that shows strong leadership on the part of the staff to recognize that and reinforce to the student-athletes that family is important.

My two cents, probably half of that after inflation. :)

Agreed with you 100%. I know there was a couple of tornadoes which touched down around Lincoln. But you give some people a little bit of ground and they take a whole mile of it.

Wow!! This tread is still matriculating down the leg of common sense and into the red zone of asinine compromises with the goal line of complete fan stupidity in sight!!

If it's about money lost to some fans who traveled from far away or money spent on plane tickets from wherever then all I can say is this. Get over it!! You'll make more. And if this put you in dire financial straits then you should have prioritized a little better in the first place.

If you thought it should have been moved indoors or played on Sunday, then you just don't get how unimportant the actual playing of the spring game is to the grand scheme of what is trying to get accomplished by this staff. Or any staff in the nation for that matter.

And the fact that academic or other previously scheduled events may have prevented a Sunday game and some fans think it's a terrible excuse, well all I can say is get a friggin clue!!! it's why they are called STUDENT-athletes not athlete-students! Guess which one you can be in college without the other? Classiest fans in the nation huh? Time to take a good hard look in the mirror! I just hope none of our potential recruits heard the venom spewing from some so called true husker fans after the cancelled weekend.

For the record. I attended the game with 4 other couples and families(7kids). After hearing people complain about how much money they were losing, we sat down and totaled up our expenses! Without itemizing, we figured that a per person expense came to around $300. That includes arriving in Lincoln Friday and leaving Sunday morning. Out a little money-understand why-still love my SKERS-still gonna make 3 gems this year-still bleed RED!!!

This thread is unbelievable. Play for me... "crack whip" get out there and throw this ball to that guy so i can be entertained "crack whip" There is nothing more important in the world then a bunch of college kids playing football, you will drop everything in your life and entertain me. You will left weights and run 5 miles everyday when your not entertaining me, and you may under no circumstances miss one practice, or your not dedicated enough. Make sure you eat sleep and drink football, i want you to be the best, football is NOT fun, this is your job.."crack whip" Now get out there and entertain the fans so we can make millions of dollars off of you. When your done shower so you dont stink and get your asses back to your rooms, i want you to watch this film on what you did wrong because your pathetic. What you have family here to see you? I dont give a f#*k what you have going on, you are at the University of Nebraska, our fans expect championships. The university only made 30 million off your free labor last year, they want 35 this year so were going to have extra practices. See you at 5am for your conditioning on your "day off"

Honestly, this post is the best one.

So many of the dorky fans think these kids shoudl be football 24-7-365. They think they have no friends, no lives, no homework, no studying.

Cue the "They are getting a free education" crowd in 3...2...1

So many of the dorky fans think these kids shoudl be football 24-7-365. They think they have no friends, no lives, no homework, no studying.

That's because these players aren't real. They only exist on my TV a few days every year. When they're not on my TV, they cease to have real lives and real concerns. They exist only to play football and do nothing else. At all.

That's because these players aren't real. They only exist on my TV a few days every year. When they're not on my TV, they cease to have real lives and real concerns. They exist only to play football and do nothing else. At all.

This is also a great post!!

Love it!

For those wanting Nebraska to reschedule:

http://www.ehow.com/...tice-rules.html

The final practice must be within 34 days of the first practice so I believe that means Sunday was the last available day that they could have had it without trying to get some kind of NCAA waiver.

You mean Hitler and Stalin Pelini and Osborne weren't just being dicks?

No, no - they were being dicks. Their fiendish plot to utterly destroy the lives of all those people who NEED football in the Spring has come to fruition through brilliant manipulation of seasonal weather patterns. This was, perhaps, the greatest Win of all time. Puts Charlie Sheen to shame.

For those wanting Nebraska to reschedule:

http://www.ehow.com/...tice-rules.html

The final practice must be within 34 days of the first practice so I believe that means Sunday was the last available day that they could have had it without trying to get some kind of NCAA waiver.

You mean Hitler and Stalin Pelini and Osborne weren't just being dicks?

No, no - they were being dicks. Their fiendish plot to utterly destroy the lives of all those people who NEED football in the Spring has come to fruition through brilliant manipulation of seasonal weather patterns. This was, perhaps, the greatest Win of all time. Puts Charlie Sheen to shame.

211083_219041678112944_4741794_n.jpg