Bo statement

While I for one don't understand why they couldn't have it next week...I do understand that the extenuating circumstances that have led to the game being cancelled and not being rescheduled period are way beyond my realm of knowledge.

Maybe you should wait until you know more of the facts before you open up you mouth NUandOU.

I can see where they are coming from but I don't understand the decision.

The least they could do, really, if they are going to call it off as a matter of convenience, is to refund all of you guys.

I know this topic is framed in a way that being against it makes you look like you're a mean ol' Scrooge who doesn't want players to enjoy time with their families, but it really is a reflection of how the Spring Game is viewed. Yes, it's a glorified practice but it's also a scheduled event for the fanbase, and one that takes in money at that. On top of that, it is a terrific recruiting opportunity.

It even sounds like we aren't going to make use of the 15th practice slot, which is a bit puzzling. I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat but that seems like an odd message to send to a football team. Bad weather? OK, screw the last practice. I'm sure there are logistical challenges, and maybe I am wrong but it seems like the kind of thing that is possible to work around.

Oh well!

• Fire 1

The least they could do, really, if they are going to call it off as a matter of convenience, is to refund all of you guys.

I know this topic is framed in a way that being against it makes you look like you're a mean ol' Scrooge who doesn't want players to enjoy time with their families, but it really is a reflection of how the Spring Game is viewed. Yes, it's a glorified practice but it's also a scheduled event for the fanbase, and one that takes in money at that. On top of that, it is a terrific recruiting opportunity.

It even sounds like we aren't going to make use of the 15th practice slot, which is a bit puzzling. I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat but that seems like an odd message to send to a football team. Bad weather? OK, screw the last practice. I'm sure there are logistical challenges, and maybe I am wrong but it seems like the kind of thing that is possible to work around.

Oh well!

I don't know. The whole part of the phrase student athletes is that they are athletes, but they are also students, and finals week is rolling around. They can't schedule it on Sunday because the students have tests and they have to study for them.

Yeah, it would've been nice for them to reschedule the game for the fan base, but...finals are rolling around and the students should come first. It is after all just a spring game.

-Denial

-Bargaining

-Depression

-Anger

Oh well!

-Acceptance

• Fire 3

Good for Bo. Good for the players to be honest. No harm no foul.

These kids are student athletes not pros. Their time is probably incredibly managed and structured ie tutors, tests, studying, volunteer commitments, family plans etc.... They all, staff, players, support etc planned for Saturday. Everyone then made plans for their life outside of football accordingly. Would love to have seen a game, but the past few years have really shown us nothing, but question why Carnes isn't the QB, man Martin can play DE etc...... Nothing can be gleaned from it.

I would love to have the game rescheduled, but give Bo and the players credit. Takes balls to cancel the game. Maybe this is a sign that this years team is different. They do have a focus, purpose and clearly defined goal. Imagine you being the first kid to step up and say you have a conflict. It is called leadership and we are finally seeing it in a big, big way IMO.