Bo statement

Should have played it out in the Hawks, had HuskerVision make a DVD, then send it out for free to all those people who bought tickets to the spring game. Just a thought. Would have been cool to see an actual game played on the Hawks Center Field.

completely agree.

If there is a 'sky is falling mentallity' with the weather and significant weather problems expected, do you really want to put your entire program in a sardine can?

I am more dissapointed with the recruiting aspect (a spring game with 60K has been a selling point for some)....everyone else wants 10 freaking dollars. I think it was the correct call.

I guess i wish i had a gig where i could make $400k plus then cancel the event, no reschedule, no refunds. I realize it wasn't on purpose but that was the end result. If the game is really no big deal, then don't charge admission at all.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

We are expecting Bo to shoulder way too much of the blame. Does anyone really think this was Bo's decision alone. Chile pleeze.

T_O_B

We are expecting Bo to shoulder way too much of the blame. Does anyone really think this was Bo's decision alone. Chile pleeze.

T_O_B

It was news to Osborne that Bo had outright cancelled yesterday, though he went along with it once he heard that from the media members. Papuchis said the decision was "way above his pay grade". It does kind of sound like it was Bo's decision alone.

And it's a mystifying one. Even if the fans couldn't watch, why not have the scrimmage indoors? You could even let the BTN film it there. Failing that, if you've got a bunch of guys who have legit reasons for not being able to do it Sunday, why not just make it voluntary and play it with whoever CAN make it? If you're missing some starters, even better... get those backup and walk on players some more reps in a game-like environment.

The number of full team practices is so limited... it seems crazy to just burn one because of a little weather.

Should have played it out in the Hawks, had HuskerVision make a DVD, then send it out for free to all those people who bought tickets to the spring game. Just a thought. Would have been cool to see an actual game played on the Hawks Center Field.

THIS would have been cool. I would've paid for a DVD of this.

Somehow, I like to think that the same people who are complaining about not having the practice indoors because the weather wasn't that bad would be the same people complaining about why they had practice inside if the weather turned out to be worse than it did during the day.

I suppose there is no pleasing people. You do it one way, there's complaints. You do it the other way, and there's complaints.

At the time the decision was made, there was no telling what the weather was going to do. On a day as unpredictable as yesterday was, why risk the chance of losing player after player to injury because they were in some unsafe building? It's not like Bo and Co had a magical orb that told them that this storm was going to do this in 45 minutes.

• Fire 1

T_O_B

It was news to Osborne that Bo had outright cancelled yesterday, though he went along with it once he heard that from the media members. Papuchis said the decision was "way above his pay grade". It does kind of sound like it was Bo's decision alone.

And it's a mystifying one. Even if the fans couldn't watch, why not have the scrimmage indoors? You could even let the BTN film it there. Failing that, if you've got a bunch of guys who have legit reasons for not being able to do it Sunday, why not just make it voluntary and play it with whoever CAN make it? If you're missing some starters, even better... get those backup and walk on players some more reps in a game-like environment.

The number of full team practices is so limited... it seems crazy to just burn one because of a little weather.

According to Osborne on the radio quickly following the cancellation, it was the Weather service's decision. Osborne said in his exact words "we did what the weather service told us we should do" that's what he told Greg sharp, give or take word. What was news to Osborne was that Bo had already relayed to the media somehow that the game was cancelled period due to conflicts today. Sounds like Osborne had known that yet and was still speculating playing the game today (sunday).

Yes it is dissappointing. I have a 4 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter and we traveled 2 hours one way to get there for that, but that's life. And what's really disappointing is this was my sons only chance to see a game this year, cuz we took him to the Northwestern game last year, and i proceeded to tell him he was never going again after that mess.

$750 - two tickets to omaha

$50 - Dog boarding

$20 - Tickets

$50 - Airport Parking

= $870 wasted.

Not happy at all. The excuse about not doing it on Sunday is BS. Bo doesnt care about fans and never wanted a public spring game, let alone taped. Well, he got his way it seems. Too bad the fans and players are the ones who pay the price.

Ya it was just a spring game, but its been a tradition in my family to go every year, price aside. Free nachos didnt make me feel better, Dr Tom! I know it wasnt a big deal to 95% of the people... but not every husker fans lives in driving distance.

I do not believe all the hub-bub over a cancelled spring game and this was the first I was going to miss in about 15 years. I personally have come to the conclusion that the game itself is very anti-climactic. We go for the party, Fri. nite dinner at the original Misty's, Sat AM tailgate, the bar crawl to the stadium, the tunnel walk and arrival of the team, the first few plays and then the inevitable realization that this is not really a game but mearly a practice. We normally leave at half time. We stop by the Nebraska Book Store, and then back to the tailgate. A few more beers and then out to Brewskies. A couple hours later we fire up the grill and its time for a thick porterhouse steak and some salad. Then its time to break out the Knob Creek and coke. The Sunday trip home is highlighted by a stop at Big Fred's for quite possibly the best pizza on earth. A good time is always had by all. The cost of the weekend is greatly over-shadowed by the good time we have. If your problem with the cancellation is what you spend on gas then you should hve stayed home. If you are passing through Pender at 1:AM you should have left alot earlier and to think that 3 kids under the age of 5 have any concept of what is going on is delusional. Use some common sense and perspective people. What would the situation have produced if Bo hadn't cancelled, 60,000+ fans fill Memorial Stadium and lightning strikes the north end zone or worse yet a tornado hampers TM's throwing motion. All I can say is good decision Bo.

T_O_B

G>B>R

$750 - two tickets to omaha

$50 - Dog boarding

$20 - Tickets

$50 - Airport Parking

= $870 wasted.

Not happy at all. The excuse about not doing it on Sunday is BS. Bo doesnt care about fans and never wanted a public spring game, let alone taped. Well, he got his way it seems. Too bad the fans and players are the ones who pay the price.

Ya it was just a spring game, but its been a tradition in my family to go every year, price aside. Free nachos didnt make me feel better, Dr Tom! I know it wasnt a big deal to 95% of the people... but not every husker fans lives in driving distance.

$900 to watch a practice.....good call on your part.

You should have volunteered one of your family members to Dr. Tom to stand on the skybox to act as a lightning rod.