Bo statement

Good for Bo. Good for the players to be honest. No harm no foul.

These kids are student athletes not pros. Their time is probably incredibly managed and structured ie tutors, tests, studying, volunteer commitments, family plans etc.... They all, staff, players, support etc planned for Saturday. Everyone then made plans for their life outside of football accordingly. Would love to have seen a game, but the past few years have really shown us nothing, but question why Carnes isn't the QB, man Martin can play DE etc...... Nothing can be gleaned from it.

I would love to have the game rescheduled, but give Bo and the players credit. Takes balls to cancel the game. Maybe this is a sign that this years team is different. They do have a focus, purpose and clearly defined goal. Imagine you being the first kid to step up and say you have a conflict. It is called leadership and we are finally seeing it in a big, big way IMO.

Fair and good argument but most 60,000 fans "No harm no foul" was not true

@OP....dude you are so right, these other HB posters are just sunshine pampers drunk on kool-aid...Bo needs to be fired over this, or something else...anything would be fine

Dont you have some cheese to grade?

No I finished yesterday morning...just supervising the yogurt cultures at the moment so I've got some time to post, thanks for looking out though.

@OP....dude you are so right, these other HB posters are just sunshine pampers drunk on kool-aid...Bo needs to be fired over this, or something else...anything would be fine

No I finished yesterday morning...just supervising the yogurt cultures at the moment so I've got some time to post, thanks for looking out though.

Give me a break. Sounds like a job for someone who isn't qualified to watch paint dry.

T_O_B

Geez la' weez.... settle down. My post was pure joke...... you noticed "insert sarcasm" ??

Obviously you guys are a member of Jim Jones and the People's Temple club.

was it a Joke....how about make sure it was a joke....you're the one that should settle down . Crip, your post should at least some off tone picture

The most disappointing aspect is the RECRUITING loss in the whole thing. Yes, I do feel sorry for members who paid $$ (but tickets are cheap), but the guys/gals who took time (more than an hour) to drive and spend hotel money......and I truly hope you get some of your money back...

but, the people who are "locals" who are actually mad about this need to grow up a little. Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't see a PRACTICE or that I can't watch the re-play on BTN...but c'mon... think about the risk that not only the players would be at, but the fans....many children would be facing if a strong storm, lightning, and even worse could have caused for a PRACTICE.... to the locals.....get over it !!

The recruiting is the biggest reason why I would have loved to had the game. I really think that this practice game is the biggest recruiting tool that Nebraska has going for it. It is tough to recruit to the middle of nowhere anyway, so the only advantage we have is our passion for the game as fans to help sell the program.... the Spring game has been known for this....BUT... as much as we missed out this year, it is better than being all over the news if a storm would have blown in and people were injured.

• Fire 1

The most disappointing aspect is the RECRUITING loss in the whole thing. Yes, I do feel sorry for members who paid $$ (but tickets are cheap), but the guys/gals who took time (more than an hour) to drive and spend hotel money......and I truly hope you get some of your money back...

but, the people who are "locals" who are actually mad about this need to grow up a little. Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't see a PRACTICE or that I can't watch the re-play on BTN...but c'mon... think about the risk that not only the players would be at, but the fans....many children would be facing if a strong storm, lightning, and even worse could have caused for a PRACTICE.... to the locals.....get over it !!

The recruiting is the biggest reason why I would have loved to had the game. I really think that this practice game is the biggest recruiting tool that Nebraska has going for it. It is tough to recruit to the middle of nowhere anyway, so the only advantage we have is our passion for the game as fans to help sell the program.... the Spring game has been known for this....BUT... as much as we missed out this year, it is better than being all over the news if a storm would have blown in and people were injured.

I had no problem with the cancellation and if I was a local it would have not been a big deal. It's all the gas that it took to get to Nebraska and the stress of driving. I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and it's not like it's a relaxing trip. I was cruising through Pender around 1:00 AM last night on my way south and I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. If gas were cheap it wouldn't have been as big a deal. I am disappointed my 3-year old couldn't see his first "game" but I guess I'll have to make it up to him this fall. It's a big risk taking kids to an expensive game in the fall because you never know if they'll last the whole game. That's the beauty of the Spring game I guess.

While I for one don't understand why they couldn't have it next week...I do understand that the extenuating circumstances that have led to the game being cancelled and not being rescheduled period are way beyond my realm of knowledge.

Maybe you should wait until you know more of the facts before you open up you mouth NUandOU.

I'm sure they have already set up plans for next week, moving the game to then would only mess up the extended schedule.

Finished yesterday? May as well start on the fumunder cheese then. That should keep you busy for a few more hours.

+1

I had no problem with the cancellation and if I was a local it would have not been a big deal. It's all the gas that it took to get to Nebraska and the stress of driving. I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and it's not like it's a relaxing trip. I was cruising through Pender around 1:00 AM last night on my way south and I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. If gas were cheap it wouldn't have been as big a deal. I am disappointed my 3-year old couldn't see his first "game" but I guess I'll have to make it up to him this fall. It's a big risk taking kids to an expensive game in the fall because you never know if they'll last the whole game. That's the beauty of the Spring game I guess.

I understand.... and it is fans like you that I feel really bad for.... the trip is expensive and the anticipation, and then disappointment for the kids sucks... I really feel bad for you and hope you have a safe trip home... I was just asking the local fan to calm down if they were "mad", because they didn't "invest" anything other than a few dollars and it was the best decision for everyone involved. Travel safe !!! Hope you and family make it down this fall...

While I for one don't understand why they couldn't have it next week..

I don't know if the rules are same as when I was in college, or this even is a factor in this, but you only have a certain window to complete all your practices. I remember when I was in college the day after we started spring ball we were hit by a huge snow storm. We petitioned the NCAA for an extra week to complete our practices and lost. We practiced in basketball arena at 5AM for a week.....it sucked.