Bo statement

We are expecting Bo to shoulder way too much of the blame. Does anyone really think this was Bo's decision alone. Chile pleeze.

T_O_B

It was news to Osborne that Bo had outright cancelled yesterday, though he went along with it once he heard that from the media members. Papuchis said the decision was "way above his pay grade". It does kind of sound like it was Bo's decision alone.

And it's a mystifying one. Even if the fans couldn't watch, why not have the scrimmage indoors? You could even let the BTN film it there. Failing that, if you've got a bunch of guys who have legit reasons for not being able to do it Sunday, why not just make it voluntary and play it with whoever CAN make it? If you're missing some starters, even better... get those backup and walk on players some more reps in a game-like environment.

The number of full team practices is so limited... it seems crazy to just burn one because of a little weather.

According to Osborne on the radio quickly following the cancellation, it was the Weather service's decision. Osborne said in his exact words "we did what the weather service told us we should do" that's what he told Greg sharp, give or take word. What was news to Osborne was that Bo had already relayed to the media somehow that the game was cancelled period due to conflicts today. Sounds like Osborne had known that yet and was still speculating playing the game today (sunday).

Yes it is dissappointing. I have a 4 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter and we traveled 2 hours one way to get there for that, but that's life. And what's really disappointing is this was my sons only chance to see a game this year, cuz we took him to the Northwestern game last year, and i proceeded to tell him he was never going again after that mess.

We have a 9 year old, 6 year old, and 20 month old twins we were all going to go until we heard that they had the Lincoln area in the 9/10 on the tor-con and had a very high chance of hail high winds lighting heavy rain and yes possible torandic activity. The two hour drive and putting our kids in that type of harms way would have been plain assed stupid so we chose to be smart and stay home. I do not blame the University even a little bit for what they did. And anyone who would put their kids in that situation and then bitch they canceled aren't very intelegent even in the least. I think our 9 year old was upset the most when finding out she could have gotten Burkheads autograph. Oh well she will get over it when we take her to another NU sporting event. Parenting isn't always easy.

What really should be an eye opener is that canceling the game actually cost the university money........... $400,000 of it.

How did it cost that much? Clauses in tv contracts or something?

news said concessions and merchandise

So they didn't actually have to pay anything special to cancel the thing, they just missed out on anticipated revenue.

What really should be an eye opener is that canceling the game actually cost the university money........... $400,000 of it.

So they didn't actually have to pay anything special to cancel the thing, they just missed out on anticipated revenue.

yes. but still.

This isn't congress. I imagine they plan a budget around 'anticipated revenue'. They lost money.

$750 - two tickets to omaha

$50 - Dog boarding

$20 - Tickets

$50 - Airport Parking

= $870 wasted.

Not happy at all. The excuse about not doing it on Sunday is BS. Bo doesnt care about fans and never wanted a public spring game, let alone taped. Well, he got his way it seems. Too bad the fans and players are the ones who pay the price.

Ya it was just a spring game, but its been a tradition in my family to go every year, price aside. Free nachos didnt make me feel better, Dr Tom! I know it wasnt a big deal to 95% of the people... but not every husker fans lives in driving distance.

$900 to watch a practice.....good call on your part.

You should have volunteered one of your family members to Dr. Tom to stand on the skybox to act as a lightning rod.

Ya, sorry for being a dedicated fan. With only a few games a year that am able to attend, I look forward to another game day atmosphere during spring game. If you dont apprecaite that, then i feel bad for you. As for me, $900 is well worth it.

I had no issue with it being delayed or re-scheduled. I just think Bo using the "players had personal scheduling conflicts" was a BS answer. I guarantee 99% of those guys would reschedule anything to get in pads and go 100% in front of 60k fans. Bo didnt want really want the game and it would cost the university a lot of money to put it back on for free on Sunday. I understand the decision, just dont apprecaite the BS excuse Bo gave everyone.

$50 - Dog boarding

$20 - Tickets

$50 - Airport Parking

= $870 wasted.

Not happy at all. The excuse about not doing it on Sunday is BS. Bo doesnt care about fans and never wanted a public spring game, let alone taped. Well, he got his way it seems. Too bad the fans and players are the ones who pay the price.

Ya it was just a spring game, but its been a tradition in my family to go every year, price aside. Free nachos didnt make me feel better, Dr Tom! I know it wasnt a big deal to 95% of the people... but not every husker fans lives in driving distance.

I think that you should get your ten bucks per ticket back, but no one but you can be responsible for the rest of the money you spent.

$50 - Dog boarding

$20 - Tickets

$50 - Airport Parking

= $870 wasted.

$900 to watch a practice.....good call on your part.

You should have volunteered one of your family members to Dr. Tom to stand on the skybox to act as a lightning rod.

Ya, sorry for being a dedicated fan. With only a few games a year that am able to attend, I look forward to another game day atmosphere during spring game. If you dont apprecaite that, then i feel bad for you. As for me, $900 is well worth it.

I had no issue with it being delayed or re-scheduled. I just think Bo using the "players had personal scheduling conflicts" was a BS answer. I guarantee 99% of those guys would reschedule anything to get in pads and go 100% in front of 60k fans. Bo didnt want really want the game and it would cost the university a lot of money to put it back on for free on Sunday. I understand the decision, just dont apprecaite the BS excuse Bo gave everyone.

That's a lie. They had the team vote on it.

I don't know if you know this, but the spring games are always taped, and always made available to the fans, so your super secret theory is wrong. I have a copy of each of the last 3.

no, what should really be an eye opener is the game was not held and player/fan safety was first and foremost........$400K worth of good judgement and not trying to reschedule when other plans were already made after Satuday was also the right call.

• Fire 1

no, what should really be an eye opener is the game was not held and player/fan safety was first and foremost........$400K worth of good judgement and not trying to reschedule when other plans were already made after Satuday was also the right call.

Agreed. (omg)

Agreed. (omg)

(it's OK)

So they didn't really lose any money, they just didn't turn a profit (aside from the ticket sales). It makes no sense they refuse to refund that money. Deferring to the "no refund" policy is a cop out.