Deverell Biggs

We have some decent players coming in this year with Parker and Shields, and now the addition of Biggs. Biggs didnt want to play for Doc originally because of the style of play, so the fact that Miles will most likely having us running the court will spark interest in other players as well. My theory is that if we can get a few of the 2013 Irving Fire kids, i would not be surprised if Cunningham and Okafor followed in 2014. Okafor is going to be a one year wonder so it really doesnt matter where he goes, he will beast it up and then be out.

We have some decent players coming in this year with Parker and Shields, and now the addition of Biggs. Biggs didnt want to play for Doc originally because of the style of play, so the fact that Miles will most likely having us running the court will spark interest in other players as well. My theory is that if we can get a few of the 2013 Irving Fire kids, i would not be surprised if Cunningham and Okafor followed in 2014. Okafor is going to be a one year wonder so it really doesnt matter where he goes, he will beast it up and then be out.

WOW... getting all those guys??? Puff puff pass please!!

Is the 'one-and-done' rule a part of the collective bargaining agreement for the NBA? Maybe somebody that follows this closer than I do can tell me the logistics of getting that changed. I know the head of the NCAA and someone from the hierarchy of the basketball arm of the NCAA have said the one-and-done rule is a concern. I know I recently read that I believe Stern said he'd like to get it changed, as well as the loudmouth from down South, Mark Cuban, has said it's a problem as well. Just wondering how big the logistics are, and if it would need to go through the collective bargaining process. The only reason I bring that up in this thread is your comments, blackshirts007, about Okafor being a 'one-and-done' type kid, and if that could be changed before he got into school. If so, we might get more than what we think if we could attract him here. (Big 'if' at this point, I know, but still...)

I would love to get even one of those guys on our team. I think it is a long shot but you never know. As far as Okafor, I would love if he would do his one and done here and beast it up. If I remember correctly this is how K-State was able to build their strong teams.

I think it makes sense to redshirt him... it gives this team more depth in 2 years when they will need it..

Will hurt this year, but better for the future.

I agree that redshirting him makes sense. I fully expect to see a rough year of Husker basketball, but that has happened lately any way. I agree that it would be better for the future if they redshirt him, but who knows what they will do. The definitely need to add a few guys for next year though, and I'm excited to see what Miles might get!

Heard him on the radio about an hour ago. Said he's pushing Akoy to go to Nebraska, but doesn't want to put a percentage on it because he has no idea what Akoy will do. Sounded like a decent possibility though.

He was asked if he'd come here if Doc was still around, he said it would be 50/50. Was recruited by Doc, but didn't think he was a good recruiter. Thinks Miles is a great recruiter.

Heard him on the radio about an hour ago. Said he's pushing Akoy to go to Nebraska, but doesn't want to put a percentage on it because he has no idea what Akoy will do. Sounded like a decent possibility though.

He was asked if he'd come here if Doc was still around, he said it would be 50/50. Was recruited by Doc, but didn't think he was a good recruiter. Thinks Miles is a great recruiter.

I liked Doc, but it sounds like Miles is creating more of a buzz in one month than Doc did during his whole tenure. I was a little cautious of Miles at the beginning, but it seems like he is getting things going. I just hope he can keep up his momentum!