Pelini given a 1 year contract extension

Sometimes lack of bonuses, extensions, less than stellar performance reviews make a person realize they need to accomplish at least one of their own goals.

He was handed one of the top programs in the country, agreed in disarray, but still a program that he truly did not deserve to even be considered. He has done little to improve on the program as far as performance over the last two years. We will lose at least 3 games this year and two will be badly, and of course there is the regular, who BEAT NEBRASKA game.

You can be happy with what we have leading this program. I am at times, but I think it is high time that his pay raises, extensions stop until he at least accomplishes something of value. Almost near misses really mean nothing to me. He has not delivered what he has promised since day one.

I think this is going to be a bad year for Bo and the Huskers, no light at the end of the tunnel other 2million pounds of train running over us.

Hope I am wrong, but just do not see the improvement needed to be competitive in the Big 10, and recruiting is really going to show in the near future. Michigan and Ohio State are tearing it up. That hurts down the road

• Fire 1

Meh I could care less frankly. I'm not impressed with Bo nor his elitist my dad can beat up your dad attitude to the fans and the media either. As for "we could still have Callahan", at least if we did we'd have an offense.

....and at least have losing seasons, the worst blowout losses in the history of NU cfb "and" an offense that was only effective vs creampuffs. But one must admit our offense under Clownahan was unstoppable at garbage time (lots of practice at it).

Naw we had a good offense you homers just refuse to admit it. The problem was it didnt matter if we scored 1000 points our defense let the other team score 2000. But I'm not in the business of convincing koolaid drinkers Callahan wasn't the devil himself in sheeps clothing you all try to portray him as.

You mean the offense that only scored ten points until we were down 5 touchdowns at home against USC?

The offense that didn't scored 6 points against Missouri?

The offense that didn't score until the 4th quarter (down by 38 points) against Oklahoma State, at home, during Homecoming?

Yeah, it was amazing.

Oh yeah, it was "amazing" to be sure.

14 pts vs that great "Kansas" defense

10 pts vs Red Raider's excellent defense for a tight & hard fought 70 - 10 loss.

3 pts vs the Sooners.for a 30 -3 loss. Couldn't even muster up any garbage pts for this one.

Clowhanan's unstoppable offense racks up "7" pts vs mighty Pitt.

Being slaughtered like stuck pigs by the Sooners down 24 -"3" in the 3rd qtr, NU racks up another 3 garbage TDs for a another loss.

15 pts vs the supremely great defense of "Kansas" for a 40 - 15 loss.

A whole 3 pts vs USC but a garbage TD in the 4th qtr......yay!!

An overwhelming 7 pts vs the Sooners

A scoring explosion of 14 pts vs Auburn (for another loss...ho hum)

10 pts vs So CAL.....but 21 garbage pts when down 49 - 10. WooHOO!!

Two mighty FGs for "6" pts vs Missouri. 1983!!

Down 38 - 0 in the 4th to the awesome defense of Ok St, Clownahan rebounded for 14 garbage pts!!

14 pts vs the marginal Aggie defense for a 36 - 14 loss.

Haha....oh yeah, it was unstoppable.

Sometimes lack of bonuses, extensions, less than stellar performance reviews make a person realize they need to accomplish at least one of their own goals.

He was handed one of the top programs in the country, agreed in disarray, but still a program that he truly did not deserve to even be considered. He has done little to improve on the program as far as performance over the last two years. We will lose at least 3 games this year and two will be badly, and of course there is the regular, who BEAT NEBRASKA game.

You can be happy with what we have leading this program. I am at times, but I think it is high time that his pay raises, extensions stop until he at least accomplishes something of value. Almost near misses really mean nothing to me. He has not delivered what he has promised since day one.

I think this is going to be a bad year for Bo and the Huskers, no light at the end of the tunnel other 2million pounds of train running over us.

Hope I am wrong, but just do not see the improvement needed to be competitive in the Big 10, and recruiting is really going to show in the near future. Michigan and Ohio State are tearing it up. That hurts down the road

it's almost as if TO doesn't think we can find anyone better than Bo.........maybe we can't?? just a thought...........flame away!

If we look somewhere other than Bo I think it will be a proven HC who might be a bit under the radar because he doesn't have a star coordinator reputation. And we'll open the checkbooks for veteran, highly capable coordinators on both sides. I like Bo but I still would be very interested in seeing Chris Peterson happen at some point in the future. Maybe a pipe dream.

Bo has to start get something done. If by the end of his contract he doesn't have a Conference Championship or been to a BCS game we need a new coach.

If we look somewhere other than Bo I think it will be a proven HC who might be a bit under the radar because he doesn't have a star coordinator reputation. And we'll open the checkbooks for veteran, highly capable coordinators on both sides. I like Bo but I still would be very interested in seeing Chris Peterson happen at some point in the future. Maybe a pipe dream.

Honeymoon is over for Bo, he either needs to win a Conference Championship or get to a BCS game if he wants to keep his job.

Bottom line, 9 games a year the guy gets a pass. B1G, MNC or not. We painfully learned a lesson and lost every record we ever owned after we fired a former 9 win guy (Who actually played for the MNC). Not saying I agree, but I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Bo has had a very good O (2008) with Ganz, and two very good D's in 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately, he has not been able to put it together on both sides of the ball or even for 4 complete quarters. Beck year 2, a DB coach who seems to be more Sanders than Raymond and a new D line coach should help tremendously.

Bo's biggest problem to date, IMO, was that as a new coach, he surrounded himself with a lot of even less experienced assistants. The guy really tapped into the "no track record" pool to get this staff. Hard to be efficient when you, your staff and the kids are all trying to learn at the same time.

If he tanks, he gets bought out and NU moves along. One year or 10 year extension doesn't change that.

Bottom line, 9 games a year the guy gets a pass. B1G, MNC or not. We painfully learned a lesson and lost every record we ever owned after we fired a former 9 win guy (Who actually played for the MNC). Not saying I agree, but I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Bo has had a very good O (2008) with Ganz, and two very good D's in 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately, he has not been able to put it together on both sides of the ball or even for 4 complete quarters. Beck year 2, a DB coach who seems to be more Sanders than Raymond and a new D line coach should help tremendously.

Bo's biggest problem to date, IMO, was that as a new coach, he surrounded himself with a lot of even less experienced assistants. The guy really tapped into the "no track record" pool to get this staff. Hard to be efficient when you, your staff and the kids are all trying to learn at the same time.

If he tanks, he gets bought out and NU moves along. One year or 10 year extension doesn't change that.

So you settle for mediocrity then eh? Sorry if after 2016 and he hasn't atleast won one CC or even been to a BCS game then we are just settling for a coach. Steve Pederson wasn't a competent AD. It was him that set us back and fired a solid coach then hired a sh**ty coach. The main thing is when we play good or great teams we struggle. That needs to stop. Bo hasn't even gotten a solid qb yet.

when we play good or great teams we struggle.

lol. I know you just worded it badly, but I'm still going to ask, how many teams don't struggle against good or great teams?

I really can't name any other school that has as much trouble as we do. I hate to say it but look at Texas they really don't struggle with anyone. Texas has had our number since we started playing them every 2 years when we were in the Big 12. They can even have crappy teams and even when we are better we still fall flat. I know TO had problems but he was playing for MNC's quite often though.

lol. I know you just worded it badly, but I'm still going to ask, how many teams don't struggle against good or great teams?

I really can't name any other school that has as much trouble as we do. I hate to say it but look at Texas they really don't struggle with anyone. Texas has had our number since we started playing them every 2 years when we were in the Big 12. They can even have crappy teams and even when we are better we still fall flat. I know TO had problems but he was playing for MNC's quite often though.

I think you're either misunderstanding what I'm saying or not thinking about what you're saying. I don't see how you can possibly be unable to name other teams that struggle more than we do. It's easy to name 70-80 of them. Every team has trouble with good teams. Pelini has around a 40% win percentage against ranked teams, IIRC. There are very few teams that, year in and year out, don't struggle with good/great teams. Even the teams with no losses have tough games against good/great teams. Maybe you should define struggle or good if you don't believe that is the case. Either that or leave "great" out of it. Every team struggles against great teams. That's what makes them great.

A much better argument is to say that Pelini's teams struggle against one or two mediocre/bad teams every single year.

I think you're either misunderstanding what I'm saying or not thinking about what you're saying. Every team has trouble with good teams. Pelini has around a 40% win percentage against ranked teams, IIRC. There are very few teams that, year in and year out, don't struggle with good/great teams. Even the teams with no losses have tough games against good/great teams. Maybe you should define struggle or good if you don't believe that is the case. Either that or leave "great" out of it. Every team struggles against great teams.That's what makes them great.

A much better argument is to say that Pelini's teams struggle against one or two mediocre/bad teams every single year.

I'm not talking about every now and then, i am talking about consistently. Getting our asses handed by Wisconsin and Michigan should've been an eye opener.

I think you're either misunderstanding what I'm saying or not thinking about what you're saying. Every team has trouble with good teams. Pelini has around a 40% win percentage against ranked teams, IIRC. There are very few teams that, year in and year out, don't struggle with good/great teams. Even the teams with no losses have tough games against good/great teams. Maybe you should define struggle or good if you don't believe that is the case. Either that or leave "great" out of it. Every team struggles against great teams.That's what makes them great.

I'm not talking about every now and then, i am talking about consistently. Getting our asses handed by Wisconsin and Michigan should've been an eye opener.

I'm aware of that. It doesn't change the fact that almost every team struggles with good/great teams.

I'm aware of that. It doesn't change the fact that almost every team struggles with good/great teams.

I am not talking about a close game that a good team wins by. I am talking about teams that we are separated by by talent wise. Just because a good team has close wins doesn't mean they struggle with those teams every year like we do.

Of course, unless Bo stomps into the ground every good or great team we play he "s*cks" and needs to be fired.