BCS playoff/nat'l champ revision

How is it a sad day?

Because it was the last gasp of collegiate football.

From here on in it is solely a corporate decision making process catering to the unwashed masses who see teams as little more than quasi-pro entertainment.

Locations based on how many corporate suites can be sold in cities that are convention destinations.

College football is now dead.

Long live the NFL lite.

How is it a sad day?

Because it was the last gasp of collegiate football.

From here on in it is solely a corporate decision making process catering to the unwashed masses who see teams as little more than quasi-pro entertainment.

Locations based on how many corporate suites can be sold in cities that are convention destinations.

College football is now dead.

Long live the NFL lite.

On the contrary............college football is reluctantly being dragged into the 21st century. About time!

• Fire 1

I guess I just dont understand the "logistic" issues of an on-campus round. What is so logistically challenging for a USC or Oregen having to to travel to a Lincoln, NE or a Columbus OH for a semi as opposed to Miami, FL or New Orleans. It just depends how you look at it.

BCS says, "The logistics of on-campus games don't work out."

Translation: "Having on-campus games makes it more difficult for the BCS to get their hands on the money."

But Muck, it's been a version of the very thing you describe for decades. Let's not pretend that this radically changes things. It simply calls it what it is - a tremendous money-maker looking to make more money.

The same as it ever was.

It's more about the death of the bowls, which is what made college football sui generis unlike any other sport in the world.

now if you hate bowls that's understandable but also understand it means we're going to be just like everything else now.

They are talking you could have a 4 team playoff with the 4 top rated teams or they could go with conference champions only. (top 4 conference champions). Personally I like the conference champions option. It would eliminate some of the lobbying for votes & be a little more objective.

What say you?

Would keep Ala. and LSU from playing each other in the MNC. SEC will never go for it.

But Muck, it's been a version of the very thing you describe for decades. Let's not pretend that this radically changes things. It simply calls it what it is - a tremendous money-maker looking to make more money.

The same as it ever was.

It's more about the death of the bowls, which is what made college football sui generis unlike any other sport in the world.

now if you hate bowls that's understandable but also understand it means we're going to be just like everything else now.

I don't hate the bowl games, I just hate having the bowl system, if that makes any sense. :D

I want at least a 16 team playoff. Then, there can still be bowl games, a lot less bowl games, for the teams that didn't make the playoff. That gives them something to play for after the season is over plus they would still get the extra practices.

The same as it ever was.

I don't hate the bowl games, I just hate having the bowl system, if that makes any sense. :D

I want at least a 16 team playoff. Then, there can still be bowl games, a lot less bowl games, for the teams that didn't make the playoff. That gives them something to play for after the season is over plus they would still get the extra practices.

I hope this does not go past 4. At 16 I would go broke taking a month off work and traveling to various locations in order to see NU win a national championship.