WR Dominic Walker [Auburn Commit]

Nexus

I got tired of his piddle-paddling around. So I let him have a piece of my mind on Twitter ...

@DW_SHOWTIME4 Should stay committed to the #Huskers. O will be lethal. Or play for team that only beat LA-Monroe, New Mexico St. & Bama A&M?

Absolute stupidity!

I deleted the tweet, but I will bite.

I don't see much wrong with this. I said I thought he should come to Nebraska and the offense would be lethal with him. Otherwise he would be going to a team that is not good. I guess I don't see this as absolute stupidity. I think this is probably the tamest thing this kid got all day.

You don't find it both creepy and stupid as a fan behind a computer contacting a recruit directly when you have no clue what is going on in his head? You some how think you need to help the coaches out some way?

Bo should make it easy on him. Pull his offer.

Wouldn't be surprised if bo did. The kid apparently told the coaches last night that he was in, again, and now he's playing the field. I don't care how good the kid is, he's not worth compromising our commitment to character and honesty.

Tweeting a high school kid about his commitment status, really? Also, everyone is now ready to crucify him because he is listening to other schools, after he committed to us... I think we should pull Suttles offer. He lacks the character and values we want in a recruit being he decommitted and came here.

Decommitting is one thing. Claiming you're 100% committed while you continue seeing other schools is another. See Gabbert, Tyler.

I fully respect the right of every kid to look around and take their time with such a big decision. What I don't respect is saying one thing while you do another.

Not a fan of the back and forth, but let the kid choose. Torching him is unjustified. We pulled Vandenburg's offer b/c we were looking at Carter and gave some half-cocked excuse. This is a high school kid trying to play the recruiting game. May be intimidated to speak his mind to Bo in person.

If he wants to be a gamer, tell him to come to N and learn from the :afro:

Decommitting is one thing. Claiming you're 100% committed while you continue seeing other schools is another. See Gabbert, Tyler.

I fully respect the right of every kid to look around and take their time with such a big decision. What I don't respect is saying one thing while you do another.

I tend to mark these things up usually as this being a kid that probably doesn't have good adult roll models helping make decisions.

This is a big time in these kids' lives so I am a little more lenient in their choices to take visits or host coaches. On the flip side, I am not sure how you host the coaches you are committed to, tell them you are 100% Husker, tweet that you are 100% Husker, then tweet that you are hosting Auburn coaches, host said coaches, tweet that you have all these decisions to make.

This is the strangest commit I have seen in a while.

What's the time frame here? His buddy Tony Stevens committed to Auburn on Jan 20. However, Taj Williams must be higher on Auburn's list, and he still has an OV to Louisville Jan 25. Are we in limbo until after Williams OV?

Bet Dom stays N if TW commits to Auburn. Too many young talented WRs in Auburn's recruiting class this year alone to see him on the field as a freshman. If game time is what he wants, it will not be at Auburn.

IDEAS?