SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

It is official. Here are the pics for signing day at Katy High School. You will have to scroll down to see Adam with his Mom and Dad and of course wearing some Husker Spirit gear. And you know he has the potential to become

another AP with his work ethic and the support of the "Husker Nation" ... you never know.

http://www.ktrainstation.net/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/563/pics-from-katys-national-signing-day-event

Bye for now, but will be checking in from time to time and please drop into our message board to let us know how things are going.

At the recruiting dinner last night Ron Brown had lots of good things to say about both backs. Both are very hard working kids that come from stable families. They both train very hard and have excellent skill sets. These guys have tremenous potential. Ron Brown in my opinion is an excellent coach and a great recruiter. Very impassioned speech last night. I was impressed with coach Fisher as well. He is a good speaker very relaxed and on top of it.

• 3 weeks later...

It's too bad we can't recruit Texas anymore...

Oh wait.... the Texas Offensive Player of the year in 5A just happens to be a Husker!

Congrats Mr Taylor!

I like 'em both. They are cake & ice cream. They will be great together. Taylor is cake and Newby is ice cream. Newby will freeze you in your tracks with his moves & speed. Taylor will do cake walks to the endzone with his power & speed.

• Fire 3

I was just wondering how the O-line is looking for next year. At Katy Adam had some great trench warfare

players even in the state championship game when they had to start a 3rd string center and 2 JV players that

had never player a single down on varsity. We all know the war is won in the trenches.

We were talking about the stats that Adam put up in that game ... 30 carries/ 275 yds/ 5 TDs and concluded that

if the starting offensive line was healthy he probablly would not have put up those incredible stats as he would have been pulled after the first offensive series in the 2nd half with Katy up by 30 pts.

I still re-visit the Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill vdieo to get my weekly football fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

Your thoughts on next years O-line would be appreciated. Thanks.

We had a good, but occasionally inconsistent line last year and a lot of success on the ground. Four of five starters and a few top back ups return, so I expect a good year for the line, particularly with the talent we've got in the backfield. We're not back to the 90's era road graders, but nobody outside of Alabama and Wisconsin has reached that level of play recently. They'll be good enough to open plenty of holes though for whoever carries the ball.

Taylor has a good shot at playing time. Abdullah seems cemented as the starter, assuming he holds onto the ball, but the only other established guy is cross. He's no slouch, but Taylor may be able to give him a run if he's everything he seems to be.

I was just wondering how the O-line is looking for next year. At Katy Adam had some great trench warfare

players even in the state championship game when they had to start a 3rd string center and 2 JV players that

had never player a single down on varsity. We all know the war is won in the trenches.

We were talking about the stats that Adam put up in that game ... 30 carries/ 275 yds/ 5 TDs and concluded that

if the starting offensive line was healthy he probablly would not have put up those incredible stats as he would have been pulled after the first offensive series in the 2nd half with Katy up by 30 pts.

I still re-visit the Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill vdieo to get my weekly football fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

Your thoughts on next years O-line would be appreciated. Thanks.

We return 5 of the top 7 in the OL rotation. We lost a guard and a center. We return the 3 guys that were in the rotation at OT last year so that looks solid. One of those guys may play guard. We are also bringing in a Juco OT that may play and we have a young sophomore that may get time. I think we have good depth and decent play at OT. They are better at run blocking than pass pro.

For guards we lose Choi but still have 2nd team all american Long. Pensick played really well at guard and will be the starter there if he is not needed to play center. (Or if one of the young up-coming guards stands out then Pensick will probably slide over to center.) We have nice talent that will contend in Cotton, Reeves, Moudy and Chongo. Nickens is a walkon that could surprise. So it depends a bit on how they do as to where Pensick plays.

Center is a bit of an unknown as there are not as many options. We lost Jackson. Pensick did a good job replacing him. Pensick could do a good job there, but they really like him at guard. Pensick prefers center though. Thurston is a young scholarship player that will get a look. Chongo the Juco will get a look. Watch out for him as he gives us something a little different there if it works out. Pelini is a solid backup.

Price is a young guy who is versatile that deserves mention. Not sure where he will play. I think he played some at tackle last year.

All in all the entire group is pretty good at run blocking. Pass pro is average. I think Adam will like our pitch plays. That will be right down his alley.

Our tackles have been turnstiles so I don't know how solid that is. We need guys to really step up at the tackle position. We have had some solid pulling guards lately. Choi's a tough loss, dude was a road grader, but Long's stock is pretty high. He's our best linemen at this point, I think?

Sounds like you have a good bit of experience coming back. Adam is good at the power sweep and not bad up the middle. Just need to let the O-linemen know to keep moving with their blocks or Adam will run over them. Did that several time in the Championship Game.

I understans Adam is still working about 4 hr a day with his trainers to get ready for the next level I'm excited for Adam and can't wait to see him playing in red in Lincoln with a packed house. By the way he is still working he will be ready when he gets there. All ya'll have to do is get him lined up with some cold weather gear and give him some pointers on how to drive in the snow. the rest will take care of itself.

Thanks for the run down on the O-line. This is going to be fun to watch.

• Fire 1

First time I saw Adam run the ball was his soph year. If I remember correctly it was off left tackle. The thing I'll always remember was his ability to accelerate to full speed before he got to the LOS on that first play. I

knew right then he was something special. He will be a force to be reckoned with in your power sweep with the way he can accelerate on the edge. The defense can be in perfect position, but with the way he accelerates he will be past the pursuit and leave them wondering what happened. This kid is so much fun to watch. I hope he can get some good play time next year.

You know the TV audience for the Husker games will grow next year as many of the Katy Nation will be watching

as we always follow our players where ever they go. Just makes me feel good to know Adam will be playing at Nebraska as he always has in front of a full house in RED.

EZ-E ... ya'll need to start talking to Jake Blomstron LB. Should not be difficult to get him up there as he and Adam are friends. Start building the pipeline. And then in a couple years you will have a shot at Rodney Anderson who is now a soph. He has natural football talent and instinct @ punt and kick returns, RB and wide receiver. The kid is a natural and with 2 more years in the Katy program I would not be surprised to see Adams records start falling. I know it's a little early on Rodney but won't hurt to get your foot in the door early.

Here is some more Katy football with Adam Taylor. Keep an eye on RB/receiver/kick returns #26 Rodney Anderson.

With Adam Taylor post game interview

With Adam Taylor post game interview.

During the dead time zone, I find myself re-visiting game highlights to gwet a football fix to help me make thru to August and keep me from falling into a deep depression.