SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Sounds like you have a good bit of experience coming back. Adam is good at the power sweep and not bad up the middle. Just need to let the O-linemen know to keep moving with their blocks or Adam will run over them. Did that several time in the Championship Game.

I understans Adam is still working about 4 hr a day with his trainers to get ready for the next level I'm excited for Adam and can't wait to see him playing in red in Lincoln with a packed house. By the way he is still working he will be ready when he gets there. All ya'll have to do is get him lined up with some cold weather gear and give him some pointers on how to drive in the snow. the rest will take care of itself.

Thanks for the run down on the O-line. This is going to be fun to watch.

While I certainly understand your enthusiasm, I'd be surprised if Taylor gets more than a few carries this year. I'm betting he redshirts. With Abdullah cemented as the top RB and Imani Cross looking like a solid #2, there's not a lot of time for true frosh there. Add in that Martinez takes quite a few carries from the QB position, and there's not a whole lot available this fall. Plus he'll be dealing with all the common challenges of frosh being away from home and dealing with a different level of competition in college. Injuries or an exceptional performance from AT could of course change things, but 2014 or even 2015 is more likely for seeing AT.

• 1 month later...

Ya'll need to have your recruiters give Coach Joseph a call about Rodney Anderson

(will be a junior next season). Heard Texas A & M and several others have already

given him offers. Very gifted player with natural football instincts. Very versatile

at RB, Wide receiver, slot receiver, punt returns and kick-off returns. Two more years

in the Katy Program and he will be a hoss. Only RB at Katy, in my memory,

to start as a freshman. On his first 2 touches, he put both in the endzone. Kid can score

from any place on the field. Good speed, great vision, great balance, quick feet. Comes from

a good family, he's coachable, team first player, good grades, works hard, quiet, humble

and all around good kid. He's gonna light up the score board for someone and we will watch

Adam's records fall at Katy.

His freshman year and running behind Adam Taylor (soph yr.) I think he scored 30-35 TDs

I'll check to see if I can find some video on him. Since he is just finishing his soph year, I doubt he has put together a highlight film yet.

I'll get a hold of "the grind" and see what he might have or know if Rodney is working on a highlight video.

Evidently enough people have taken notice to the point to where Texas A & M has given him an offer. And A & M is pretty stingy with their offers to the point where you have to be a blue chip prospect to even get in the door.

Rodney will be the featured back in the Katy offense next year ... just as Adam was last year. With the O-line move-ups from JV, who played the whole game in the championship win, I feel the battle in the trenches will be

won and Rodney will be racking up some huge numbers. I think you will see Katy ranked at the top of the national polls again next year. Also don't forget about inside LB Jake Blomstrom. He is already fielding a lot of interest.

If you give him an offer like you did for Adam, you just might find yourselves another top notch recruit. It also helps because he and Adam are friends and not have to compete for the same position for play time.

Funny thing is that just after Adam tore his ACL, the Univ. Illinois gave him a standing offer, not even knowing if he would ever play again. My understanding was Adam did not consider the offer because he would be competing with former Katy RB Donovon Young who was already there and playing.

As EZ-E said ... It would be nice to build a pipeline to the Katy Program. Well here is your chance to get started. So start digging and get your recruiters to start paying attention. We have talent here every year.

• 1 month later...

Here is Rodney Anderson's Soph season highlights. He played his first game as starting RB before attending his first class as a freshman. The first 2 times he touched the ball, he put it in the endzone.

Going into his JR year he is 6'-0" & 200lbs. Two more years in the Katy Program and he will be hell on wheels. Just not sure he would like going to a place where he would be competing against his old friend

and former teammate.

Tremendous balance, vision and foot work. Works hard, team first attitude, no trash talk ... a very

quiet and polite young man.

Stats to date: (fresh & soph) 42 TD's

Yards per reception ... 18+ yds

Yards per carry ........ 9 yds

Also returned several punts for TD's last year

Rodney Anderson's 2012 highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/610777/#highlights/21752397

Here is Rodney Anderson's Soph season highlights. He played his first game as starting RB before attending his first class as a freshman. The first 2 times he touched the ball, he put it in the endzone.

Going into his JR year he is 6'-0" & 200lbs. Two more years in the Katy Program and he will be hell on wheels. Just not sure he would like going to a place where he would be competing against his old friend

and former teammate.

Tremendous balance, vision and foot work. Works hard, team first attitude, no trash talk ... a very

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/610777/#highlights/21752397

If he has a team first attitude, why would he not want to compete for playing time against his former teammate?

and former teammate.

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/21752397

If he has a team first attitude, why would he not want to compete for playing time against his former teammate?

Kady culture. It's been discussed in the thread previously.

and former teammate.

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/21752397

Kady culture. It's been discussed in the thread previously.

Read the 470+ post thread (thanks for that suggestion by the way) but must have missed the answer to my question. Cliff notes?

NU-Bo ... Because that is the culture at Katy and not so much at other schools, especially at the next level.

From what I've read in this thread about Katy football (a good amount from you kbb), Katy football is a hard nosed, hard working philosophy. How does that equate to not wanting to compete for playing time against a friend? Mind you, I am truly interested in your insight, kbb. I don't mean this to come off argumentative, just inquisitive.

I guess it goes back to the coaching philosophy and principles at Katy. They have remained unchanged for over 30 yrs. Promises made ... promises kept by the players and the coaches. At the college level the

promoses made by one coaching staff are generally forgotten when there is a change in the Head Coaching

position.

When Adam was a JR he suffered a torn ACL early in the first game of the season. Shortly there after Univ Illinois offered him a full ride with no exceptions ... he never even considered the offer as there was

a Katy RB named Donovonn Young already there on a scholly. Donovonn held a lot of the scoring and rushing records that Adam broke last year.

Maybe I'm reading more into it than there is. It may be due to the loyalty of one player to the others in

not wanting to do something that may diminish anothers chances of success at the next level.

I guess it goes back to the coaching philosophy and principles at Katy. They have remained unchanged for over 30 yrs. Promises made ... promises kept by the players and the coaches. At the college level the

promoses made by one coaching staff are generally forgotten when there is a change in the Head Coaching

position.

When Adam was a JR he suffered a torn ACL early in the first game of the season. Shortly there after Univ Illinois offered him a full ride with no exceptions ... he never even considered the offer as there was

a Katy RB named Donovonn Young already there on a scholly. Donovonn held a lot of the scoring and rushing records that Adam broke last year.

Maybe I'm reading more into it than there is. It may be due to the loyalty of one player to the others in

not wanting to do something that may diminish anothers chances of success at the next level.

Fair enough. Hope that kind of philosophy won't keep someone like Rodney Anderson for considering Nebraska, just because Adam is here. Katy has a terrific program with tons of BCS level talent. Would love to see more students from Katy look at Nebraska for their education and football. It's Big Red Country, and like you said, Katy loves the Red.