SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

dont think anyone has expressed disappointment.

Not right here but it has been brought up elsewhere. That comment wasn't directed at you or anyone else posting in this thread. Also, it was one of the options given in rating him.

ic. Remember the good ole days when our third stringer used to get 10-12 carries in garbage time and rip off 60-80 yards before letting the 4th string guy play the whole 4th quarter. I still believe that the lack of 4-6 blowouts every year have been as detrimental to our depth as any other aspect of our program. I understand everything goes hand in hand but the depth we used to build by being able to get meaningful game reps for 3Rd and 4th stringers was invaluable.

Seems as though Newby has lost some of the luster. What is ya'll take on him based on his performance this year.

.......A) totally disappionted

.......B) some what disappionted

.......C) he seemed to do OK

.......D) did very well considering his 1st year

.......E) he was lights-out, as advertised

Are the Huskers interested in looking to Katy for more power RBs in the future??? Reason I ask is that I as well as some other Katy faithful would love to see more of our players continue to play in RED in front of a packed house at the next level. And Lincoln, Nebraska would be a preferred location for to happen.

D..

He only got like 54 carries but averaged over 5 yards a carry.

• 2 weeks later...

And on top of all that ... he is a good kid with all the intangibles that can not be taught and

focussed on getting faster bigger and stronger. Like I said of this board a year ago ... He will do the Husker Nation proud.

Keep me posted on this young man. I will be watching and following. It will be fun watching him play next year in RED in front of a packed house.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Rodney Anderson's committment to Texas A & M if very firm. Here is the link to an article where he talks at length about A & M. He will have a big impact at A & M. Just like Adam Taylor will have at Nebraska. Next up at the RB spot at Katy is junior to be Kyle Porter who is already getting offers.

http://vype.com/houston/2014/01/14/the-game-recruiting-process-has-gone-next-level/

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know and I'll pass it along. We had a little snow here yesterday and a ton of black ice the day before. Had 600 collisions on Monday because of the ice on the roads. All the freeways were a mess ...

cars, trucks, busses sliding all over the place and slamming into each other. A real nightmare.

Keep an eye on Katy RB Klye Porter (will be a junior)... racked up almost 2000yds running behind Rodney Anderson. Kyle is more of a slashing type of runner. If we can reload some on the O-line and both can stay healthy we could have two 2,000yd RBs in the same backfield and maybe another Championship.

Let Adam know we are still following his progress.

Thanks for the heads-up

We have some young guns that can really bring the leather. One is Collin Wilder (soph) who played as

a frosh. He already has an offer from Texas Tech. Don't know if he has committed or not. Another is Sy Slater. Both are 6' @ 180. Wilder will be a Jr next year and Slater will be a senior. Have your coach give Gary Joseph (Katy Head Coach) a call to give him an update on Adam Taylor and while he is talking with Coach Joseph he might inquire about these 2 DBs. I'm no football talent expert, but I believe these 2 DBs have the skill sets to go to the next level. They would be worth taking a look at. Since Adam is up there and from what I can tell ... seems happy, it would be easy to get them to come up for a visit. Then get them to a game with a packed house and a sea of red would make them feel just like they were at home.

All these kids that come out of Katy all have the "team first attitude" and play hard till the whistle

blows. And they all have been well coached and are "coachable". Another thing is they have all played

in big games so they won't be like a deer in the headlights when they play in front of a big loud crowd.

They have been there and done that many times in houston at reliant Stadium and in Dallas at Cowboy

Stadium.

I don't know if they have any highlight videos, but I'll check and post them here if I can find any.

The one I really like is Collin Wilder. Kid is football smart, has adequate speed and likes contact. Played as a freshman which does not happen very often at Katy.

Your Head Coach has an open door to the Katy program ... get him to use it. Could pay big dividends.

• 2 months later...

Just heard about it today and have not had a chance to find out what happened. Here is the thread on the Katy Message Board

that is talking about it. Copy and paste the link below. Some of ya'll might even register and make a few positive posts

and ask a few questions and show some interest in him. Keep in mind that Rodney reads this message board but never posts on the board.

The other Katy "faithful" that also read this board would like to know if the Huskers have a real and sincere interest in him.

They would also like to hear about how Adam is doing up there in Lincoln. Show some real interest, be polite and you never know.

I'm sure Rodney wants to play at a quality football program at the next level. He, like Adam likes to play in RED in front of a full house of loud and sometimes rowdy crowd ... which the Huskers have done for over 300 straight home games. Also much like Katy

except on a larger scale, has a long standing tradition of football excellence.

Time to let him know how welcome he would be in Lincoln and how well he would fit into your offense. Also he and Adam Taylor are good friends. The Huskers have a lot going for them as far as recruiting him ... the colors, the crowd, the tradition and your head coach has an open door to the Katy Program. Would be a real shame not to capitalize on it.

That being said ... I would think it is time for the Husker Head Coach to give Katy Head Coach Gary Joseph a friendly call

... of course to bring him up to speed on how Adam Taylor is doing and also see if he can get some info abvout Rodney Anderson.

Rodney has uncanny running skills along with exceptional receiving skills. And as we all know here in Katy ... Rodney is a game

changer and will bring a whole new dimension to your offense

http://www.katytrain.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1179/rodney039s-big-news#Item_5