SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Abdullah is very strong.

undersized in the B1G though, according to every expert out there lol. Kid is stronger than hell, with a huge heart for this program and sport.

All the experts said that about Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles as well. Just sayin.

I think I stated in my above post, that size isn't really a factor lol. Abdullah is a freak for his size. The way he just hits the middle and gains yards is just admirable IMO.

Thats the thing, people said the same thing about Abdullah. Look at what he has done this season. You don't need strength to be a threat on the edge. All it takes is fight, heart and passion, like Abdullah has.

I was impressed watching Abdullah. He runs with a lot of power for his size. Those extra 1,2,3 yards he gets makes a big difference when it helps you keep moving the sticks and keeping drives alive.

Some one mentined earlier that the Huskers may be looking for some "D" linemen. Well tune in on the internet this Sat. @ 4:00pn central and watch Katy v San Antonio Johnson playing in the Texas 5A semi-finals and Keep an eye on DE Cody Gessler #93. He wa all-district nose tackle last year. He does not fit the most desrired template for a DE ... but he has the heart, strength, intangibles and a motor that just doesn't stop.

The link to the game is: www.legacysportsnetwork.com This shouls be a very interesting game as S. A. Johnson

runs every trick play inthe book ... swinging gate, hook and ladder, halfback passes. And their defense uses a technique of allowing the ball carrier to gain additional yards while they try stripping the ball. Some times they actually keep the ball carrier up and moving forward to allow more time to strip the ball. Amazing to watch these tactics ... but hey they have won ball games against tough competition to get this far in the play-offs

Check it out. I'd like to hear your comments on the game. Their style of play doesn't bother me ... Katy has the discipline and fundamentals and will pound them till they lose the desire to play any more ... Katy +40.

You also might like watching LB Jake bloomstrom #94

And of course my everything Rodney Anderson #26

All these players will come with the intangibles that most D1 players never seem to acquire ... discipline,

fundamentals and "team first" attitude.

• Fire 1

I was impressed watching Abdullah. He runs with a lot of power for his size. Those extra 1,2,3 yards he gets makes a big difference when it helps you keep moving the sticks and keeping drives alive.

Some one mentined earlier that the Huskers may be looking for some "D" linemen. Well tune in on the internet this Sat. @ 4:00pn central and watch Katy v San Antonio Johnson playing in the Texas 5A semi-finals and Keep an eye on DE Cody Gessler #93. He wa all-district nose tackle last year. He does not fit the most desrired template for a DE ... but he has the heart, strength, intangibles and a motor that just doesn't stop.

The link to the game is: www.legacysportsnetwork.com This shouls be a very interesting game as S. A. Johnson

runs every trick play inthe book ... swinging gate, hook and ladder, halfback passes. And their defense uses a technique of allowing the ball carrier to gain additional yards while they try stripping the ball. Some times they actually keep the ball carrier up and moving forward to allow more time to strip the ball. Amazing to watch these tactics ... but hey they have won ball games against tough competition to get this far in the play-offs

Check it out. I'd like to hear your comments on the game. Their style of play doesn't bother me ... Katy has the discipline and fundamentals and will pound them till they lose the desire to play any more ... Katy +40.

You also might like watching LB Jake bloomstrom #94

And of course my everything Rodney Anderson #26

All these players will come with the intangibles that most D1 players never seem to acquire ... discipline,

fundamentals and "team first" attitude.

Since the Iowa game, we have landed two 4* DT, one 4* DE and one 3* DE (who should be a 4*).

I will definitely check out the game though!

Warrior10 ... I marveled at the way Adam went into rehab with the torn ACL. The work effort, the training,

the focus on getting better and stronger. To be the best he could be for his team, the school and the Katy community. He is very focused and serious about getting stronger, bigger, faster and doing what will make the team better. I can not remember any one player at Katy with that level of dedication to excellence. Soon the Husker Nation will be as proud of Adam as the Katy Nation is.

One of our very best is now in your hands ... so get him some cold weather duds and give him some tips on how to drive in the snow and ice ... wouldn't want to have him get hurt in a car wreck would ya. LOL

OK Atbone I'm ready to hear it from ya again.

By the way, you can watch Katy play for the State Title on Sat. @ 8:00pm on Fox Sports Southwest. Will be a rematch with the team we beat last year ... Cedar Hill.

Katy could end the game with two 2,000ys RBs in the same backfield.

..... Rodney Anderson (jr) #26 needs +/- 180yds. (he missed 6 games this year with a foot injury)

..... Kyle Porter (soph) #5 needs +/- 140yds.

If you watch the game, tell me if Katy with the unis and offensive sets and plays does not remind you of the Husker teams of the past with guys like Rozier carrying the rock out of the "I" formation

• Fire 2

Seems as though Newby has lost some of the luster. What is ya'll take on him based on his performance this year.

.......A) totally disappionted

.......B) some what disappionted

.......C) he seemed to do OK

.......D) did very well considering his 1st year

.......E) he was lights-out, as advertised

Are the Huskers interested in looking to Katy for more power RBs in the future??? Reason I ask is that I as well as some other Katy faithful would love to see more of our players continue to play in RED in front of a packed house at the next level. And Lincoln, Nebraska would be a preferred location for to happen.

Seems as though Newby has lost some of the luster. What is ya'll take on him based on his performance this year.

Are the Huskers interested in looking to Katy for more power RBs in the future??? Reason I ask is that I as well as some other Katy faithful would love to see more of our players continue to play in RED in front of a packed house at the next level. And Lincoln, Nebraska would be a preferred location for to happen.

i think he's gonna be a good one. The problem with being 3rd string and being on a team that's behind in a lot of games or in tight games, you get pushed aside for experience. I was a little disappointed in the fact that I thought he would contribute big things on special teams. By no means do I think he was a disappointment. Probably just not as ready as we had all hoped! Big things ahead though and a very nice compliment to Adam going forward.

i think he's gonna be a good one. The problem with being 3rd string and being on a team that's behind in a lot of games or in tight games, you get pushed aside for experience. I was a little disappointed in the fact that I thought he would contribute big things on special teams. By no means do I think he was a disappointment. Probably just not as ready as we had all hoped! Big things ahead though and a very nice compliment to Adam going forward.

He had a solid frosh year. It isnt too much different than abdullah's freshmen year. Carries tapered off as conference season began but he showed some very nice potential early in the year. He showed some speed mixed with great balance and power. I think he will develop into a very good back the next couple years for us. I dont think we should judge him to harshly his freshmen year. He has potential to be a very good one.

I guess I'm not seeing what those who are disappointed are seeing. He didn't light the world on fire but he was playing behind a guy who was Top 10 in the nation in rushing. I was actually very impressed at how though he ran considering he is a "speed" back. Some people seem to be getting after him for fumbling but I only remember two (though there could be more) and one was definitely a bad pitch so I don't really see that either.

All that said, I'm excited to see what AT can do.

I guess I'm not seeing what those who are disappointed are seeing. He didn't light the world on fire but he was playing behind a guy who was Top 10 in the nation in rushing. I was actually very impressed at how though he ran considering he is a "speed" back. Some people seem to be getting after him for fumbling but I only remember two (though there could be more) and one was definitely a bad pitch so I don't really see that either.

All that said, I'm excited to see what AT can do.

dont think anyone has expressed disappointment.