SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Here is a short write-up about Rodney Anderson's performance in last nights game. Keep in mind that in the first 2 games , he was pulled at the half. The photo that came with this would not post. If I can get a video clip of this TD run I'll post it ... was a thing of beauty. Balance, quickness, agility, speed. This

is the guy that the Huskers don't seem to have much interest in. Adam taylor's records/stats will pale in comparison to Rodney's.

At least try to get him to come up there for a home game. He brings such a great dimension to the offense with his receiving skills.

I don't think him going to Texas A & M is a done deal

.Katy's Rodney Anderson 97-yard TD (The middle)

L. Scott Hainline | Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:18 am

Junior running back Rodney Anderson (26) somehow kept his balance about midway through a 97-yard touchdown run with 6:51 to go in the first half of a 37-14 home victory against The Woodlands on Saturday (Sept 14) at Rhodes Stadium in Katy. Anderson put on another rushing clinic with 226 yards and five touchdowns on 22 carries, and now has 14 touchdowns in three games.

• 3 weeks later...

The Huskers are going to be facing another Katy RB when they play Illinois this week. Donovon Young is the former Katy RB you will see. He was referred to as "The Truckmaster" at Katy because he delighted in running over defenders. A very odd coincidence between Adam and Donovon is that they both tore an ACL

their junior year, both early in the first game of the season and both against the same team ... the

North Shore Mustangs. A team that the Katy faithful refer to as the "Beast from the East"

Katy plays their home games west of Houston just off I-10 while North Shore plays their home games in a

stadium in fart east Houston.

Sad that both of these 2 premier RB's had to suspend their promising careers which dampened interst interest in them by recruiters from many major schools. However it did pay dividends for Illinois and the Huskers. I'm sure Adam and Donovon will find an opportunity to meet and share a moment some where on the field tomorrow.

I'll miss the game as I will be traveling to visit a family member that has a serious medical issue.

So, let me know how Donovon Young performs in this weeks game. Hope he has a great game, but not to the point to where the Huskers don't come out on top.

• Fire 1

The Huskers are going to be facing another Katy RB when they play Illinois this week. Donovon Young is the former Katy RB you will see. He was referred to as "The Truckmaster" at Katy because he delighted in running over defenders. A very odd coincidence between Adam and Donovon is that they both tore an ACL

their junior year, both early in the first game of the season and both against the same team ... the

North Shore Mustangs. A team that the Katy faithful refer to as the "Beast from the East"

Katy plays their home games west of Houston just off I-10 while North Shore plays their home games in a

stadium in fart east Houston.

Sad that both of these 2 premier RB's had to suspend their promising careers which dampened interst interest in them by recruiters from many major schools. However it did pay dividends for Illinois and the Huskers. I'm sure Adam and Donovon will find an opportunity to meet and share a moment some where on the field tomorrow.

I'll miss the game as I will be traveling to visit a family member that has a serious medical issue.

So, let me know how Donovon Young performs in this weeks game. Hope he has a great game, but not to the point to where the Huskers don't come out on top.

I noticed the Katy RB when looking through the roster. And prayers to your family.

Warrior10 ... your prayers were greatly appreciated and Grandma is out of the hospital and on the mend.

Back to the football end of things. Did the husker "D" have an effect on Donovon Young or was he just not hitting the lanes. Just wondering because he is a very talented power runner. It was something to watch when Katy had both Donovon Young (as a senior) and Adam Taylor (as a soph) in the same backfield at the same time. Now we have Rodney Anderson (as a junior) and Kyle Porter (as a soph) at the RB positions. It is a very explosive offense running out of the I formation.

Wish I could share some video with ya'll, but the school district really jumped the fees the video guys have to pay. Thus all the video they used to post on youtube for us has vanished.

Hey ... I did find some highlights. The heir apparent for Katy's featured RB is #26 Rodney Anderson

who will be sharing the backfield with promising soph Kyle Porter #5. Check these guys out ... the Huskers may have an interest. Time to start building a pipeline and keep these RB's playing in RED.

Since this is a thread about Adam Taylor, I thought I'd post this. It is Coach Joseph talking about Adam along with some highlights. Coach Joseph's comments will tell the story about why he decided to "redshirt".

It is all about the team with Adam. Can't wait to see him carrying the rock next year when he is bigger, stronger and faster. You are not going to find many like him.

Warrior10 ... your prayers were greatly appreciated and Grandma is out of the hospital and on the mend.

Back to the football end of things. Did the husker "D" have an effect on Donovon Young or was he just not hitting the lanes. Just wondering because he is a very talented power runner. It was something to watch when Katy had both Donovon Young (as a senior) and Adam Taylor (as a soph) in the same backfield at the same time. Now we have Rodney Anderson (as a junior) and Kyle Porter (as a soph) at the RB positions. It is a very explosive offense running out of the I formation.

Wish I could share some video with ya'll, but the school district really jumped the fees the video guys have to pay. Thus all the video they used to post on youtube for us has vanished.

Little of both I guess. They were able to bottle Young up but the other Illini runningback had a good day. Young did have a very costly stripped ball in the 1st quarter deep in NEB territory.

I love Newby, but with all that speed, what his longest run so far 12 yards. He doesnt seem to find the holes. Taylor looks like a much much faster Cross. Can't wait to see him play next year

I'm not concerned. Here's the problem- in high school, Newby never needed to find a hole. He was so fast he just ran around the corner and was able to outrun everyone on the field. He's learning and adjusting, give him some time.