SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Warrior10 ... could you elaborate on what/how Beck eliminated those concerns about pass pro

relative to Adam.

Check the "Fall Camp Twitter Thread" under our football section. There are some links to articles/tweets from after practice last night. Beck basically said that they two freshman RBs are ready to go. That they'll play and that their pass pro is good, Taylor more so than Newby.

There is also a video at the bottom of this article: http://www.omaha.com/article/20130815/HUSKERS/130819273/1001#nebraska-s-curry-a-study-in-concentration

Warrior10 ... could you elaborate on what/how Beck eliminated those concerns about pass pro

relative to Adam.

Here are just some things in general that Coach Beck (Offensive Cord) said about Adam and Newby (our other stud freshman out of Cali, more of a speed guy).

Tim Beck said he “absolutely” is considering playing Terrell Newby and Adam Taylor in the opener. They bring energy to the offense, he said.

Newby and Taylor, the frosh RBs, are good in pass-pro, Beck said. Taylor is a little farther along than Newby in that regard.

Tim Beck, on the true fr. RBs Adam Taylor and Terrell Newby: "They work out hard, they play hard and they run hard." Look for both to play.\

"They’re kinda hard to describe them, but they bring energy,” Beck said. “They’re different styles of runners, but they’re both extremely effective

Some of ya'll having read some of my posts may have an idea about what the Katy Football Program is all about Here are a couple videos about the program that fosters players and molds them into players like Adam Taylor. And tell your recruiters it wouldn't hurt to make a social call and let Coach Joseph know how Adam is doing up there ... he would love to hear about Adam.

The Huskers have opened the door to one of the finest HS football programs in the country ... with a little effort they can build it into a pipeline.

One video talks about how Katy is getting ready for another State run with comments from Coach Joseph

and some of the players.

The other video is an interview with Rodney Anderson about the coaching

http://www.csnhouston.com/high-school/katy-football-ready-another-state-run

REDSHIRT POSSIBLE FOR RUNNING BACK: While Terrell Newby will certainly play this season, another true freshman running back, Adam Taylor, is contemplating a redshirt, his position coach said.

A decision isn’t imminent.

“I’m kind of leaving it up to him and his family,” Nebraska running backs coach Ron Brown said. “I know one thing: It’s possible that we may need him for the season. It’s a long season, and it’s the toughest run defense conference in the country. We’ll see what happens.”

Ron Brown confirmed Wednesday that the plan for now is to redshirt true freshman running back Adam Taylor.

The decision ultimately belonged to Taylor, who is part of a seemingly loaded backfield of Ameer Abdullah, Imani Cross, fellow true freshman Terrell Newby and walk-on King Frazier.

"There was a good chance I would have just played Adam if he had wanted to play. He's good enough to play. That's not the issue," said Brown, NU's running backs coach. "The issue is that it was his request. I wanted to consider that and honor him. If we absolutely need him right now, we'll ask him to pull the redshirt."

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound back from Katy, Texas, sounds like a good option to have in an emergency. “I’ve been really impressed with his straight-away speed," Brown said. "I knew he was fast, but I didn’t know he was that fast. And he’s not only fast, he’ll put a dent in you.”

Was really looking forward to seeing this kid play.Hopefully he keeps a positive attitude,either way it goes.

Adam Taylor as I said back in Dec is a team first player. Part of the reason he chose to go to Nebraska

is to be part of a winning team. From what I know about this young man he will always do what is best for the team. A rare character trait these days in sports.

It is like what the Katy head coach Gary Joseph tells all the parents of the incoming freshman

players at their first parent meeting before school starts each fall.

"If your son wants to be a super star and set records, Katy may not be the place for him because here

at Katy we are all about wining Championships." Many of the parents new to the Katy area are taken back by that statement. But it produces a winning attitude as well as a winning tradition.

I would love to see Adam play this year, but if it is the best thing for the team long term, then I'll gladly wait a year to watch him play for the Huskers and respect his decision.

You guys are fortunate to have one of the finest to come from Katy is a while. I'll predict right now that Adam will be the next great power back you all have been waiting for.

Katy tees-it-up Thur. 8-29-2013 @ 7:00pm (central time) at Reliant Stadium. Here is the link to the

coverage. You may get a glimpse of RB Rodney Anderson. He is coming off an injury so he may have his play time limited. The Katy "O" is usually a little sluggish for the first couple games, but the "D" will be down right nasty from the get go. Also watch for LB Jake Blomstrom ... he has the size, speed and the smarts to be a good one at the next level

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/games/katy-vs-klein

Decked ... you are right ... maybe even 5 times. Kind of getting to be like a joke er something.

But it can also be serious and dangerous when you put someone who has never driven in snow and ice

on the road. I've seen it and it is very cringeworthy.

I have it on good authority Adam does not have a car here in Lincoln. Just so you don't worry about that this fall!!!

ObamaRocks91 ... that sets my mind as ease. However that could change at any time as he was driving a nice full size SUV here in Katy and his folks may drive it up and leave it for him when they come for their 1st game. So, I would appreciate it if you would keep checking with your "good authority" and monitor the situation. And in the event you are informed that he is in fact driving a vehicle, see if you can have someone give him some tips on driving in the snow and ice. That would help me rest easy knowing he has gotten some good instruction and less likely to be in an accident and possibly sustain an injury.

You may get a glimpse of RB Rodney Anderson. He is coming off an injury so he may have his play time limited. The Katy "O" is usually a little sluggish for the first couple games, but the "D" will be down right nasty from the get go. Also watch for LB Jake Blomstrom ... he has the size, speed and the smarts to be a good one at the next level

http://www.legacyspo...s/katy-vs-klein

Would be nice to develop a recruiting pipeline with Katy.

You may get a glimpse of RB Rodney Anderson. He is coming off an injury so he may have his play time limited. The Katy "O" is usually a little sluggish for the first couple games, but the "D" will be down right nasty from the get go. Also watch for LB Jake Blomstrom ... he has the size, speed and the smarts to be a good one at the next level

http://www.legacyspo...s/katy-vs-klein

Would be nice to develop a recruiting pipeline with Katy.

Hey KBB, you have any DT's? Like.. any?