SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

You can't tell me he doesn't have to the ability to break it- if you've been watching those moves, he knows how to make people miss. That agility is impressive. He's just got to adjust to making those people miss as he runs up the middle. He's got the speed and he's got the moves. He'll be fine.

I love Newby, but with all that speed, what his longest run so far 12 yards. He doesnt seem to find the holes. Taylor looks like a much much faster Cross. Can't wait to see him play next year

20 yards is his long this year. Also, hasn't gotten a huge amount of opportunities. Averaging 5.7 ypc which is pretty good.

Maybe Newby can be more productive this week against Purdue. The Husker O-line should be able to open

things up for him a little more and give him some more space. Remember he is only a freshman and no longer enjoys the speed advantage from a year ago. Takes a while to get used to the speed and size at the next level. Sounds like he is doing fine with room for improvement.

Would post more but I've got to run and get ready for the "Friday Night Lights" and get there early to get an up-close parking spot so my pacemaker doesn't go into overdrive if I have to walk from the back 40.

GO RED GO

• 1 month later...

Finally found it. If you want to see a power run game out of the "I" formation ... and you have some time, watch this video of the Texas 5A quarter final game between Katy and Manvel. This is Husker style football

Keep and eye on ... Rodney Anderson RB (junior) #26

Kyle Porter RB (soph) #5

Cody Gessler DE (Sr) #93

FYI ... I don't think Rodney Anderson's commit to Texas A & M is all that solid. Maybe he just wants the phones to stop ringing for a while and may be getting tired of having to use a dolly to bring in the mail.

If we ramp it up this week in the semi-finals Katy may have 2 RB's with over 2,000 yds in the season.

If you notice the time of possession in the 4th quarter was Katy...12min v Manvel...0min

Might be time to have your recruiting folks give Coach Joseph a social call ... he would love to get an undate on how Adam is doing and maybe talk about Rodney Anderson. Would help to keep the pipeline open

• Fire 1

Was actually just thinking about Adam and how he is one of my "most excited to see" players to watch next season. We need a guy to spell some meaningful carries from our All-American candidate Abdullah, and I am hoping Adam can be that guy.

BTW....would love to have Rodney Anderson....

Over-all how would you sat Newby is doing? Last game I watched he only handled kick returns. Rodeny is only a Jr. He hurt his foot earlier in the year and missed 6 games. Thankfully he is back to full speed. In the game video above he was not used as a receiver out of the slot as he has done in the past. But he also has some uncanny receiving skills and when he gets the ball as a receiver he almost always gobbles up bunches of YAC.

Might be time for the Huskers to express some interest. He and Adam are good friends and love playing together.

Then you can make plans to go after Kyle Porter, the Soph RB that is showing a lot of promise.

All these RBs love playing in Red infront of a packed house. They have the talent, love running out of the "I" and have the intangibles along with the team first attitude.

Have your coaches show some interest and start building the pipe line. Hopefully we will bring home another title this year.

Over-all how would you sat Newby is doing? Last game I watched he only handled kick returns. Rodeny is only a Jr. He hurt his foot earlier in the year and missed 6 games. Thankfully he is back to full speed. In the game video above he was not used as a receiver out of the slot as he has done in the past. But he also has some uncanny receiving skills and when he gets the ball as a receiver he almost always gobbles up bunches of YAC.

Might be time for the Huskers to express some interest. He and Adam are good friends and love playing together.

Then you can make plans to go after Kyle Porter, the Soph RB that is showing a lot of promise.

All these RBs love playing in Red infront of a packed house. They have the talent, love running out of the "I" and have the intangibles along with the team first attitude.

Have your coaches show some interest and start building the pipe line. Hopefully we will bring home another title this year.

Newby isn't as fast as he was hyped up to be, at least to me. Don't get me wrong, he isn't exactly slow. He has ball security issues, but who doesn't on this team? IMO, we haven't seen enough of him against quality opponents to give a "fair" judgement, but from what I have seen, I am not sold on him.

Adam Taylor on the other hand, words from Coach Brown... "This kid is gifted". I think that should be enough to put excitement in some people's eyes. I was for sure he would be our #2 RB coming into this season. Had he not asked for a RS, this could very well have happened. Cross has been a bust as well IMO. One good run all season on a busted coverage.

Didn't get much in game time during the late part of conference play. Used him on some jet-sweeps. Him and Adam way different types of runners. Newby is more of a quick, speed guy. Should compliment each great down the road.

Newby isn't as fast as he was hyped up to be, at least to me. He has ball security issues, but who doesn't on this team? IMO, we haven't seen enough of him against quality opponents to give a "fair" judgement, but from what I have seen, I am not sold on him.

Adam Taylor on the other hand, words from Coach Brown... "This kid is gifted". I think that should be enough to put excitement in some people's eyes. I was for sure he would be our #2 RB coming into this season. Had he not asked for a RS, this could very well have happened. Cross has been a bust as well IMO. One good run all season on a busted coverage.

I am not sure we can say this. I don't think he has got comfortable enough/got enough chances to run full go yet. There were a couple runs early in the season where he was one trip up away from breaking it.

Newby isn't as fast as he was hyped up to be, at least to me. He has ball security issues, but who doesn't on this team? IMO, we haven't seen enough of him against quality opponents to give a "fair" judgement, but from what I have seen, I am not sold on him.

I am not sure we can say this. I don't think he has got comfortable enough/got enough chances to run full go yet. There were a couple runs early in the season where he was one trip up away from breaking it.

I think Newby could be a fantastic back but I don't think he's strong enough yet to be a B1G running back. I think he has excellent balance and speed but lacks the physical running that were used to seeing from a small back like Abdullah. I think Adam Taylor will be the perfect backup for Abdullah next year. We need a back who can punish tacklers but yet fast enough to get through the holes. Cross is just a little too slow. If he's met at the line he doesn't have the momentum to plow for extra yards. I like cross if he can get to the second level and run people over but I think Adam might be more effective.

I think Newby could be a fantastic back but I don't think he's strong enough yet to be a B1G running back. I think he has excellent balance and speed but lacks the physical running that were used to seeing from a small back like Abdullah. I think Adam Taylor will be the perfect backup for Abdullah next year. We need a back who can punish tacklers but yet fast enough to get through the holes. Cross is just a little too slow. If he's met at the line he doesn't have the momentum to plow for extra yards. I like cross if he can get to the second level and run people over but I think Adam might be more effective.

Thats the thing, people said the same thing about Abdullah. Look at what he has done this season. You don't need strength to be a threat on the edge. All it takes is fight, heart and passion, like Abdullah has.

Cross is faster than he was last season, but he just isn't a fast guy, no matter how much weight he drops. My thing with Cross, is he has NO field vision. He is impatient and doesn't look for holes. He just gets the ball and goes straight. Majority of the time, he hits his own lineman before he gets touched by a defender. He is only a Sophomore, and patience isn't something that is seen in younger players. He needs to work on finding gaps and hitting them hard, and I think he could be a HUGE contributor when Abdullah is out for a breather.

My post above about Newby, I am not trying to discredit him, I just am not sold on him. He has a LOT of room to grow, and sadly I wish he would have taken a redshirt. Maybe he is faster than I originally remember, since we haven't seen much of him since the beginning of the season. Maybe he can get some carries against Georgia, since speed is something that their defense is weak against.