SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Mr. Adam Taylor is sure not going to be too caught up in the atmosphere here. The lights in Texas are very bright indeed.

Also I love how the commentators in that clip point out multiple times "Taylor runs over two long horns". Good stuff.

Candyman, got a question for ya. Has Taylor spent much time in pass pro so that he will be able to transition easily to the college game? I just can't see a single thing in his game that would keep him from transitioning to the college game easily. Assuming he picks up the play book quickly there would be nothing else holding him back.

blessed2bahusker ... to answer your question ... yes Adam can lay someone down as good as anyone and loves the contact.There is a video of him being a lead blocker when another RB scored a TD and he put the opposing CB into the next county. I'll see if I can find and post it becuase we thought it was really funny because it seemed so effortless. In that State Championship Game ... the Katy QB was playing with a broken leg. If you revisit the Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill video again you will notice on one of Adam's long TD runs late in the game the QB was having a hard time jumping up trying to celebrate. I think he only threw 3 passes the whole game ... hard to pass when you can't set your feet. Any way he did not take a hit the whole game ... so someone was doing a lot of blocking along with the O-line. Give me a few days to find the video clip.

In any event ... all the coaches need to do is show him what they want him to do and he will get it done.

You will learn that this young man is very focused in everything he does. In the Katy offense everybody blocks or they don't see play time. Also in the Katy offense ... in the power sweep the QB is the lead blocker responsible for sealing the corner ... so we were very limited on our ground game in that Championship Game. Another FYI ... in that Championship Game Katy had 3 starters and 3 back-ups in the O-line out with injuries ... so we had to move up 4-5 JV linemen to play the whole game. And these JV players had never played a single down on varsity. So our O-line looks pretty good for this year as we just reload the O-line.

It is like Adam said in the post game interview when asked about all the injuries ... "In a big game

players just have to step up". As for the pass pro ... he will step up and get it done.

Have a little faith my friends and you will enjoy watching him play as I did down here in Katy or where ever we played. Wear Red and pack the house ... Adam loves to play in front of the "Red Sea" wearing RED.

All the best my friends

I have no doubt that he has the size and "want to" to be a good pass blocker. The hard part for young kids is figuring out who you need to block against different blitz packages. This is especially true for a kid that comes from a run heavy high school offense. Considering a mistake results in getting a quarterback crushed and a possible turnover, there's a reason young guys are often held back because of it.

This kid's going to see the field this year regardless, so it's just a matter of how quickly he can gain the coaches' trust in passing situations to really expand his playing time.

dylan ... I appreciate your concern about most young guys not being able to pass pro and thus being held back. But, I also hope you know Adam is not just another young guy moving up to the next level. Have a little faith my friend ... Adam has all the tools and the capability to use them.

We guarantee it ... if you are unsatisfied for any reason ... we will take him back ... no questions asked.

I delightfully surprised with his foot speed. He is a big back that likes contact but can also outrun people. He has short quick strides which shows his agility. Very excited of the future with him and Newby. Hope we can keep both of them happy. I would love to have multiple formations with both of them on the field.

Are ya'll sure you don't want to send him back? Katy is looking for a back-up for our featured RB Rodney Anderson. Opposing defenses would take great care in making sure they didn't injure Rodney knowing Adam would come in ... just a little mindless humor.

I'm sure you can make Adam happy ... all you have to do is pack the house and don't change your colors.

Are ya'll sure you don't want to send him back? Katy is looking for a back-up for our featured RB Rodney Anderson. Opposing defenses would take great care in making sure they didn't injure Rodney knowing Adam would come in ... just a little mindless humor.

I'm sure you can make Adam happy ... all you have to do is pack the house and don't change your colors.

Been sold out since 1962 and aren't showing any signs of slowing down!

You have a great fan base up there. Could add 10,000 more seats and still be sold out and have folks

waiting. Adam is going to love the atmosphere on game day up there. It's kinda like here in Katy except on a much larger scale. I would bet he is really going to be pumped when he comes out on the field for his first game and sees and hears that massive sea of red ... it eill be just like home but a whole lot bigger.

Just be sure to give him some tips on driving in the snow.

You have a great fan base up there. Could add 10,000 more seats and still be sold out and have folks

waiting. Adam is going to love the atmosphere on game day up there. It's kinda like here in Katy except on a much larger scale. I would bet he is really going to be pumped when he comes out on the field for his first game and sees and hears that massive sea of red ... it eill be just like home but a whole lot bigger.

Just be sure to give him some tips on driving in the snow.

Looks like Rodney already committed to A&M

I just heard that on the Katy message board. I think it is a little early for someone to commit

before their junior year even starts. I know he was attracting a lot of offers for a junior to be.

Don't know if the Husker staff communicated an interest to him or not.

But, hey it is early. remember LSU and Adam Taylor ... that turned out real well for LSU ... Hmmm.

So give it some time and tell the Husker recruiters if they have an interest, they need to let him know.

Rodney is going to be another stud with all his skills especially with his receiving skills. Has good

hands, vision and runs good routes. If he stays healthy he will make some team very happy at the next level.

It ain't over till it's over

About Rodney Anderson and his committment to Texas A&M. Here is the link to the thread discussing it.

If you want to throw your 2 cents worth in the discussion ... here is where you can do it. Remember he still has a lot of growing to do and he hasn't even played his first game as a junior yet. Of course I know you will keep comments respectful and keep in mind he has family members that know a little about football at the next level as well as the level after that. I read last year that he has an uncle that is currently playing in the NFL.

I'm sure the folks on the Katy Board would love to hear from you. And if you make a post you also might give them a little update on how Adam is doing up there. They always like to hear good things about former Katy players at the next level.

http://www.ktrainstation.net/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/770/rodney-anderson-will-be-a-aggie#Item_14

Here is a short interview with Katy Coach Joseph and Rodney Anderson. My take is that he is committed to Texas A & M, but didn't seem to get excited about it too much. Maybe, just Maybe ... he wants the phones to quit ringing off the walls so he can concentrate on enjoying his last 2 years at Katy and playing football.

You can tell he is a quiet kid and well spoken ... doesn't seem to want to be in the spotlight. Two more years in the Katy Program and this kid is going to be hell on wheels. We are looking for many of Adam's records to be broken by this young man.

http://www.csnhouston.com/high-school/katy-ramps-run-title-no-8