SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Atbnone ... Katy runs a 3-4 on "D" using a Nose Tackle and 2 DE's. When I get back in town and have my info in front of me, I'll post it here. The D-linemen we use do not generally fit your profile but are very effective as last years margin of victory was about 40 pts as the "D" was constantly giving the ball back to our "O". I think, if memory serves me correctly, we allowed about 12 pts/game with the 2's & 3's

usually coming in after the 1st possession of the 2nd half.

I'll post some info on the D-line in a few days when I get back

Atbone95 ... I'm impressed ... you know your football. He led Katy to the 2005 championship game against Southlake Carrol.

Andy played the game with a broken bone in his non-throwing hand. Southlake Carroll won 30-14. He attracted very few DIV I

offers. TCU took a chance on him and offered a scholly. And what do you know ... he started as a true freshman and led TCU to a Rose Bowl win his senior year.

Hats off to you Atbone95 ... student of the game with a great memory.

Here are Rodney Anderson's stats thru 2 games. Both games he only played the 1st half

Klein

Rushing

17 atts, 208 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving

2 rec, 37 yds, 1 TD

Alief Taylor

Rushing

13 atts, 131 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving

2 rec, 75 yds, 2 TDs

Total

Rushing

30 atts, 339 yds, 6 TDs

Receiving

4 rec, 112 yds, 3 TDs

34 touches, 451 yards, 9 TDs

So, he touched the ball 34 times and averaged 13.26 yds every time he touched the ball

And scored 26.5% of the time he touched the ball.

And he is getting faster, stronger every game.

And this is just my take on his commitment to Texas A&M. I don't think it is that strong as sometimes a highly rated recruit wants some semblence of a normal life and may make a commitment to get the phones

to quit ringing off the wall and lighten the load of inquiries coming in the mail. I imagine Rodney's

folks would need a dolly to haul all the mail back to the house as their home is located in a subdivision where you have to walk to the corner or down the block to get the mail at a centralized postal box

location.

Here are Rodney Anderson's stats thru 2 games. Both games he only played the 1st half

Klein

Rushing

17 atts, 208 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving

2 rec, 37 yds, 1 TD

Alief Taylor

Rushing

13 atts, 131 yds, 3 TDs

Receiving

2 rec, 75 yds, 2 TDs

Total

Rushing

30 atts, 339 yds, 6 TDs

Receiving

4 rec, 112 yds, 3 TDs

34 touches, 451 yards, 9 TDs

So, he touched the ball 34 times and averaged 13.26 yds every time he touched the ball

And scored 26.5% of the time he touched the ball.

And he is getting faster, stronger every game.

And this is just my take on his commitment to Texas A&M. I don't think it is that strong as sometimes a highly rated recruit wants some semblence of a normal life and may make a commitment to get the phones

to quit ringing off the wall and lighten the load of inquiries coming in the mail. I imagine Rodney's

folks would need a dolly to haul all the mail back to the house as their home is located in a subdivision where you have to walk to the corner or down the block to get the mail at a centralized postal box

location.

Man, did he look good doing it, too. He has great speed when he bounces to the outside, and can/does break through numerous tackles when he runs at the center of the field. Very impressive.

Morrison ... you might have noticed that Rodney has some uncanny natural football skills. He will surpass all of Adam Taylor's records and give opposing defenses fits.

Then there is Kyle Porter. He is only a soph. and already showing great promise.

We don't put anything in the water ... what we do is recruit by offering the parents job opportunities

working in the rice fields just outside of town. Doesn't pay much but it builds character ... LOL.

What we have is a community where the little kids grow up wanting to be a Katy Tiger and are willing to work hard to do it. They also need to buy into the Coaching philosophy which is "team first."

Like I said , guys, it won't take much for you to build a pipeline to the program. Have your OC or RB coach give Coach Joseph a social call with an update on how Adam is doing and getting along up there. Coach

Joseph really and truely cares about these kids and would welcome a call about Adam.

Also you can get info about various players be asking about them on the Katy Tiger Message Board. After you have signed up you can click "New Discussion" in the top right corner. Show some interest in the program and ask your questions. There are some active and informed supporters on there that will be more than happy to provide you some info on their boys in "RED"

Check out these videos so you can have an idea about who you will be talking to on the message board

This is about the school and the kids.

This is about the Katy culture and comminity

This is the link to the message board

http://www.ktrainstation.net/forum/

Like I've said before ... I'm a big time Katy Tiger supporter and a long time husker fan going back to the days of Mike Rozier

who would love to see some of these Katy players play in Red under the lights of a packed house for the Huskers. So, see if you guys can help me out here. You just might get some real quality coachable players with the "Team First" attitude. I don't know much about the Xs and Os ... I just love the winning attitude and the coaching philosophy here at Katy.

The importance of football at Katy can best be understood by going to Google Earth and doing a search for:

6331 Highway Blvd in Katy, TX.

Zoom in and count the football practice fields ... that will give you some idea. And if you pan a little to the south you

can see our rodeo and livestock arena. Hope you enjoy the video links ... that is how it really is.

• Fire 2

Don't know if ya'll noticed one of your newest Huskers in the "Boys of Fall" video. That would be #28 Adam Taylor at the following minute marks: 1:48, 2:40, 2:58, 3:04 and 4:26.

And Decked you are correct the City of Katy has about 14,000 residents and the High School has just under 3,000 students which makes Katy one of the smallest schools in the district, but the largest campus in the district primarily because it has so many football practice fields. Check it out on Google Earth @

6331 Highway Blvd. in Katy, TX.

Seeing an arial view of this many football practice fields should bring tears of joy to any real

football fan.

Don't know if ya'll noticed one of your newest Huskers in the "Boys of Fall" video. That would be #28 Adam Taylor at the following minute marks: 1:48, 2:40, 2:58, 3:04 and 4:26.

And Decked you are correct the City of Katy has about 14,000 residents and the High School has just under 3,000 students which makes Katy one of the smallest schools in the district, but the largest campus in the district primarily because it has so many football practice fields. Check it out on Google Earth @

Seeing an arial view of this many football practice fields should bring tears of joy to any real

football fan.

WHAT

football fan.

WHAT

Welcome to Texas 5A.

football fan.

WHAT

Its a Houston suburb.