SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Thought I heard last season that Cooper is moving to linebacker.

He's taking reps at both spots. I would guess he'll be used at LB in obvious pass situations.

Like the NB or Peso?

Yes similar to Peso. But he's currently listed at #1 at SS for Summer drills. Harvey is at FS.

Thought I heard last season that Cooper is moving to linebacker.

He's taking reps at both spots. I would guess he'll be used at LB in obvious pass situations.

Like the NB or Peso?

Yes similar to Peso. But he's currently listed at #1 at SS for Summer drills. Harvey is at FS.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

You should just ask the coaches instead.

Not sure where your going with this, are you just rubbing in that you can talk to the coaches? if i could just ask the coaches i wouldnt be on here scrapping for info. And according to your next post he is practicing at saftey(like i said) so im confused by this. Im just passing on info that i pay for because i like this site, so dont shoot the messenger.

Good news, was excited when he signed with us, cant wait to see him out there.

You should just ask the coaches instead.

Not sure where your going with this, are you just rubbing in that you can talk to the coaches? if i could just ask the coaches i wouldnt be on here scrapping for info. And according to your next post he is practicing at saftey(like i said) so im confused by this. Im just passing on info that i pay for because i like this site, so dont shoot the messenger.

Good news, was excited when he signed with us, cant wait to see him out there.

No. I wasn't rubbing anything in. Yes...I get to sometimes talk with a coach, but much of the time I'm just like you guys talking with someone 3rd hand who's been with the team. I often get to see a preliminary depth chart from a source who gets it from the horses mouth or TO.

What I was saying is. . .I wouldn't put a lot of stock into those paid sites. I've seen copies of internal emails that pretty much kill their credibilty and I've been shocked at how they hate this coaching staff because they don't spoon feed them the info the way BC did. They make up more things to get people to buy into them. The guys who started the Rivals sites all pretty much left there because of that dishonesty. They do have some accurate info most of which is out in the public if you know where to look. They mix in enough of that with the BS they sell and wham.. . they have a site.

I'd kind of assumed last year that CC was moved to CB because Raymond preferred bigger CBs Iand because their was already experience at safety). My theory the Raymond preferred bigger CBs was also based moving JBS to corner, as he is quite large for a CB. Also, the lack of playing time that Ciante Evans and Mitchell (both smaller CBs) enhanced this theory. I agree that CC is probably not a natural for CB and hope to see him thrive at safety. I suppose this theory presupposes that Bo would give his position coaches a lot of autonomy on personel matters. With a new secondary coach, all the younger players ought to be starting with a clean slate.

Well I'm just grateful that you, with all your knowledge and infinite wisdom, are here to correct my ignorance. And since you say he runs a 4.4 in the 40 then he's absolutely guaranteed to be awesome.

:LOLtartar

:tv

Funny how you make fun of me and my infinite wisdom for disputing your arguement... with facts.... that he is indeed fast. And yet you fly off the wall and say hes going to get burnt like toast at the college level with nothing to back you up but your opinion from a 2 minute film. Hes 6'2 205 and runs a 4.40 40, not sure where you think he isnt fast enough..... for a freaking saftey non the less, that he is going to get burnt. ...running faster or as fast as most 5'10 180 corners.

Oh if only he were from florida and had a fourth star he would be an amazing addition. :sarcasm

Every kid we offer looks great in high school, that's why they get offered scholarships...duh.

Once they get to college that's where we see the real players rise to the top. And to this point I'm not sold Gerry can compete at the major FBS level. In other words, until this kid proves he belongs I'll stand by my initial evaluation of his film. If you don't like my opinion...

:violin

Well I'm just grateful that you, with all your knowledge and infinite wisdom, are here to correct my ignorance. And since you say he runs a 4.4 in the 40 then he's absolutely guaranteed to be awesome.

Funny how you make fun of me and my infinite wisdom for disputing your arguement... with facts.... that he is indeed fast. And yet you fly off the wall and say hes going to get burnt like toast at the college level with nothing to back you up but your opinion from a 2 minute film. Hes 6'2 205 and runs a 4.40 40, not sure where you think he isnt fast enough..... for a freaking saftey non the less, that he is going to get burnt. ...running faster or as fast as most 5'10 180 corners.

Oh if only he were from florida and had a fourth star he would be an amazing addition. :sarcasm

Every kid we offer looks great in high school, that's why they get offered scholarships...duh.

Once they get to college that's where we see the real players rise to the top. And to this point I'm not sold Gerry can compete at the major FBS level. In other words, until this kid proves he belongs I'll stand by my initial evaluation of his film. If you don't like my opinion...

Then you have to say the exact same about every player. I'll hold you to this and when you get excited about any other player remind you of this comment.

• Fire 3

So I take it you won't be first in line to buy his jersey!!! Geez fella. I bet you're a real treat at father-son competitions!

EZE already said my response to this post.

I know track speed doesnt always translate to the field, but just some numbers i read somewhere to show you just how fast this kid really is.,,,at 205 mind you.

Nebraska all class state record 100 meters 10.5 Kelly Yancy, Omaha Central, 1989

South Dakota 10.39....Nathan Gerry

Missouri 10.42

Florida 10.05 ]

He has elite level speed, especially for his size. Couple that with the work ethic of Rex Burkhead (reported) and we have a hell of prospect.....prospect. If he lived in Texas or Cali he would have everyone after him.