SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Again, I am from South Dakota and follow track very closely. The above post about Nate Gerry holding the all time state record in the 100 meters is not correct. And not sure where you got that time from. He has a time in the top 10, but not the fastest ever. But he does have a year left, so maybe he will run a 10.39 next year (or faster). The fastest he has ever run in the 100 in 10.5. However, and don't ask me why this is done...I think it's stupid. Times in some races and the 100 being one of them are rounded up. So if he ran a 10.41 for instance, they would round it up to 10.5. So his 10.5 that he did run is likely somewhere in the 10.4? something.

But definitely not 10.39...because that would be the all time state record in South Dakota and he doesn't own that record.

I keep forgetting the kid has to run 100 yards every play as fast as he can in a straight line! What a terrible pickup..... Tell ya what... Pull his offer and see how fast MichSt jumps back in. Let's let this kid play just a COUPLE downs as a husker before we brand him as a bust or not worthy of our time.... My guess is, this kid will outwork everyone of the 5* guys we all covet. An with that work ethic and good coaching, he we make all of us proud!

In the end this will be another case of we needing him more than he needs us. Being from a town an hour away from Soo Foo, I can tell you that his commitment to NU has the area for Hundreds of miles beaming with pride. Only wish a few of us so called recruiting experts on this board were as happy for him! HE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT! GBR!

I am from Sioux Falls and want to correct and add some information on here.

All kids from South Dakota are not going to be ranked high because South Dakota is not looked at and rightly so as having great competition. However, in the past decade or so, there has been a large spike in the number of Division I athletes out of South Dakota in a lot of different sports. And I am not talking about 1AA football or those type of schools. I am talking about the 6 BCS conference type schools.

The quarterback in the video on page 1 of this thread throwing the ball to Nate is Jon Hander. Jon's older brother Ryan quarterbacked at Sioux Falls Lincoln and is now pitching for your Nebraksa Cornhuskers baseball team.

Nate ran a 10.5 100 meters and 21.4 200 meters (fastest times) this past track season. He finished 2nd in the 100 at the state track meet and 1st in the 200.

Nate is as chiseled as any high school kid I have ever seen.

Sioux Falls Washington is the most dominant high school football program in South Dakota right now. They have been to 5 straight 11AA championship games (winning two) and they will be the pre season ranked #1 this coming fall.

In the past few years they have sent too many to list here players to colleges from NAIA, DII, D1AA and now 3 players to DI.

Two other players from Washington in recent years are Tom Farniok who started as a redshirt freshmen this past season at Iowa State (center) and Derek Farniok who will be a redshirt freshmen this fall and my understanding will most likely be 2nd string at an offensive tackle.

Sioux Falls Washington has roughly 2000 kids in high school. Sioux Falls has 160,000 people. It is a city that is very pro business...high achievement is encouraged and celebrated here. No one is made to feel guilty about their achievements, success or money. A type of atmosphere where doing big things and chasing your dream is encouraged.

I have coached against Nate in some sports when he was younger. Nate is a gamer. You will love him as a player. He will work his a$$ off. Whatever players you have on your team that are recognized for putting in the work, but also the extra work....that will be Nate. No one will work harder.

I have no idea how successful he wil be, but South Dakota has sent a handful of players to Nebraska to play football in the past and all have done fairly well. Doug Herrmann, Tom Welter, the Vedral brothers and so on.

I think many Husker fans learned that South Dakota kids play really tough in the SDSU and NU game in 2010. It was a much, much closer game that had a few calls that went against SDSU. It was quite apparent that SDSU came ready to play and had some tough kids. The RB especially.

i ran a 11,4 and didnt make state in nebraska my senior year. 11.00 is very fast though its impressive because he is 205 pounds and is gonna play safety. thats great speed for that position

For perspective, I believe I recall Ahman Green ran a 10.4 in high school. That translated into him running away from a few powder Buffs a number of years.

Again, I am from South Dakota and follow track very closely. The above post about Nate Gerry holding the all time state record in the 100 meters is not correct. And not sure where you got that time from. He has a time in the top 10, but not the fastest ever. But he does have a year left, so maybe he will run a 10.39 next year (or faster). The fastest he has ever run in the 100 in 10.5. However, and don't ask me why this is done...I think it's stupid. Times in some races and the 100 being one of them are rounded up. So if he ran a 10.41 for instance, they would round it up to 10.5. So his 10.5 that he did run is likely somewhere in the 10.4? something.

But definitely not 10.39...because that would be the all time state record in South Dakota and he doesn't own that record.

Here is where i got my info, from a SD newspaper i believe, so not sure whats up either way hes fast, and i know the nebraska record is 10.5 because i looked it up.

He has since increased his size and speed (10.39 in the 100 meters and 21.31 in the 200) to become a three-star recruit, and he envisions rising further as part of the Husker football tradition

http://www.arguslead...011/1002/SPORTS

Here is where i got my info, from a SD newspaper i believe, so not sure whats up either way hes fast, and i know the nebraska record is 10.5 because i looked it up.

He has since increased his size and speed (10.39 in the 100 meters and 21.31 in the 200) to become a three-star recruit, and he envisions rising further as part of the Husker football tradition

http://www.arguslead...011/1002/SPORTS

We in these parts call that paper the Argus Liar!

For the record, he may have cranked out a 10.39 last spring, but like Nebraska I believe S Dakota has a pretty low wind allowance for their rcord books. Iowa has a NO wind aided allowance so their All Time marks may look better than Nebraska's because if a guy runs a 10 second 100m with a 50 mph tailwind pushing him it would be their state record. In Nebraska I think any wind over 3.5 mph voids any time faster than the state record..

Thought I heard last season that Cooper is moving to linebacker.

He's taking reps at both spots. I would guess he'll be used at LB in obvious pass situations.

Like the NB or Peso?

Yes similar to Peso. But he's currently listed at #1 at SS for Summer drills. Harvey is at FS.

This seems unlikely. What happened to Stafford, Smith, and Osborne?

Seriously. This topic has gone way too far. He's fast and athletic and pretty big. Which happens to be what Bo likes in a DB. He is a 3 star commitment from close to home so we have to get these guys. Let's move on because once his pads are popping receivers, it is not going to matter if it was a 10.39 or a 11.00. It's fast either way.

• Fire 1

Seriously. This topic has gone way too far. He's fast and athletic and pretty big. Which happens to be what Bo likes in a DB. He is a 3 star commitment from close to home so we have to get these guys. Let's move on because once his pads are popping receivers, it is not going to matter if it was a 10.39 or a 11.00. It's fast either way.

I agree, i was debating whether to post again about it or not and frankly im tired of it as well, just wanted to post where i got my info, to prove i didnt just make it up outta thin air lol.

+1 to you and welcome to the board.

I agree, i was debating whether to post again about it or not and frankly im tired of it as well, just wanted to post where i got my info, to prove i didnt just make it up outta thin air lol.

+1 to you and welcome to the board.

Thank you. I have been reading for a little while and there are a lot of good insights. I don't have a lot of people around me to talk Huskers so this is as close to ome I can get