Fighting Erstad's vs. Golden Gophers

3 one run victories......

Somehow, I doubt we pull that out last year.

Love the new mindset.

They still have a ways to go in that department if you ask me, but we are headed in the right direction.

Agree. Still, we could have lost any or all of these. Hopefully, it reflects the old cliche' "finding a way to win". Regardless, they need to maintain momentum Tuesday and next weekend or this series will be negated.

I love the fact that Erstad is instilling his passion and edge to this program and I really think we should consider ourselves lucky to have him come back here. He has the team on track to great things it will just take a another season but still they are doing all right this year. Look at what the freshman in Kelly is doing pretty amazing when you see how many times he was clutch this season.

does anyone know how the big 10 baseball tournament works? i know the top 6 teams get in and the top 2 teams get a bye in the first game. assuming that it is double elimination with so few teams, but not really sure. listening to the post game so maybe they will explain.

Huge sweep this weekend. Very very much needed wins at home against a team we are competing with for the conference tourney.

As far as the tourney goes. Top 2 teams get a bye. The 1 seed plays the lowest seed that wins round 1, 2 seed gets the other. It goes in true double elimination style. In the winners bracket round 2 games (1 and 2 seed games), the losers go down to the losers bracket, with the higher seeded losing team getting a bye. It sounds kinda complicated, but I'll link to the bracket below.

There is still a chance we could get the 2 seed if we sweep at Michigan next week. Ohio St plays @ Indiana, and would need to win 2 of 3, because Indiana owns the tiebreaker against us. Penn St plays @ Michigan St, who would need to win 2 of 3 against Penn St. In the case that Michigan St were to sweep or Penn St wins 2, we would be tied in record with them. Since we didn't play either team, the tie breaker goes to record against common opponents.. I'm too tired and lazy to look that up right now, but the for sure thing for us to have a chance at the 2 seed is Ohio St to take at least 2 of 3 @ Indiana.

Again, huge series sweep here. Great for momentum and the way it happened, with 3 close games, is huge for confidence. Need that going into the final weeks of the year.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/baseball_bracket_2012.pdf

does anyone know how the big 10 baseball tournament works? i know the top 6 teams get in and the top 2 teams get a bye in the first game. assuming that it is double elimination with so few teams, but not really sure. listening to the post game so maybe they will explain.

Huge sweep this weekend. Very very much needed wins at home against a team we are competing with for the conference tourney.

As far as the tourney goes. Top 2 teams get a bye. The 1 seed plays the lowest seed that wins round 1, 2 seed gets the other. It goes in true double elimination style. In the winners bracket round 2 games (1 and 2 seed games), the losers go down to the losers bracket, with the higher seeded losing team getting a bye. It sounds kinda complicated, but I'll link to the bracket below.

Translation: do not get into the losers bracket early. It's a death sentence to any pitching staff.

Sweeping a team in a weekend series that we are fighting with near the top of the standings is huge this time of year. Winning 3 one run games on top of that is even better and should give the men a much needed boost in confidence. Keep fighting Huskers and make this a year to remember.

Yep, yep, yep. Now we just need to win the series at Ann Arbor.

Penn State plays at Sparty this weekend, so that'll knock one of those teams down, hopefully below us if we win the Michigan series.

The Hoosiers are one game ahead of us, and they host the Buckeyes for three games. If OSU can take the series we could jump up there as well.

Anyone know the tiebreakers, and how they're applied? Is there any chance we move up to the second seed with a sweep?

Holy guacamole - what if we get swept? :facepalm:

Sweeping a team in a weekend series that we are fighting with near the top of the standings is huge this time of year. Winning 3 one run games on top of that is even better and should give the men a much needed boost in confidence. Keep fighting Huskers and make this a year to remember.

Yep, yep, yep. Now we just need to win the series at Ann Arbor.

Penn State plays at Sparty this weekend, so that'll knock one of those teams down, hopefully below us if we win the Michigan series.

The Hoosiers are one game ahead of us, and they host the Buckeyes for three games. If OSU can take the series we could jump up there as well.

Anyone know the tiebreakers, and how they're applied? Is there any chance we move up to the second seed with a sweep?

Holy guacamole - what if we get swept? :facepalm:

Look up 3 posts....