What will make 2012 a successful season?

Payback to Northwestern, Michigan, and Wisconsin! Also, Ohio State win in that game in Columbus! I do not like the Urban Meyers ethics, and/or his persona.

It would be great to have the O and D click all season.

I have a grave feeling Ohio St. will be NEB's toughest opponent. Urban knows how to coach....VERY well. However, I still see the Buckeyes dropping a few games this upcoming season.

I still say last season was a glaring result of off-field distractions. Seriously, 2 seasons in a row of additional b.s. coming along with the typical wear and tear of a season. 1st, it's our last year in the Big 12. Then it's our 1st year in Big 10. We're trying to adjust on the fly to new opponents with a lot of inexperienced players with a system on D that is not fit for the Big 10, with a new offense (again) with young oline and recievers and etc etc etc. An overhyped preseason that to me broke the teams back before the season even started. Then pile on the many injuries to that. We talk about losing dennard, David, and Crick, but lets face the facts. We're really only losing David. Crick was never himself and missed the last half season+, and to me Dennard never really got back to himself.

I want to be positive about this season and have no problem being so since I'm a koolaid pumper, so I have no problem saying that anything less than a Division title would be dissappointing and pretty much cancel out any other successes in the season. Anything less than that would be unacceptable in my eyes. I think there's so much dissappoint in last season and rightfully so, but we have to understand that the team has many very legitimate reasons as to why things went south so many times. I think theyre revitalized and that hopefully our lower expectations for this year can allow them to breathe a bit.

Payback to Northwestern, Michigan, and Wisconsin! Also, Ohio State win in that game in Columbus! I do not like the Urban Meyers ethics, and/or his persona.

It would be great to have the O and D click all season.

I have a grave feeling Ohio St. will be NEB's toughest opponent. Urban knows how to coach....VERY well. However, I still see the Buckeyes dropping a few games this upcoming season.

I think it'll be more than a few. They have nothing to play for, so I expect to see a lot of game time experimenting going on there. As much as I hate to admit it, Ohio St. has wound up in pretty much a perfect situation after the tressel mess. Urban literally gets a free pass for a year to establish his systems and culture. I'm truly not that nervous about ohio St. in 2012, but '13 will be interesting. I still say Meyer's gone in less than 5 years tho, NC or not.

Just remember that we play in a conference where a half-dozen teams share Nebraska's level of expectations and demands. I think they also share a lot of the same question marks.

That's great for week in and week out competition, but at the end of the season I think the Big 10 is destined to crown a two loss champion, already out of the national championship picture.

Not just for this season, but pretty much forever.

I read these comments remembering the comments about the Big 10 prior. Things sure changed when we got here, but at the start, our talent and speed would destroy the Big 10. I never saw that then and I do not see the Big 10 as a power player in the BCS. I do see Ohio State and Michigan rising at a rockets pace, while we dance with the Northwesterns of the world.

For me to be satisfied with this season, would be to see the team prepared for every game, play the whole 60 minutes, win or lose, and coaching correct react to what the other team is doing. I think I am harsh on the 5 wins, but I truly feel it could happen very easily.

Just play the game like you love Nebraska, coach the game like it matters if you lose and quit blaming the fans for poor coaching and corrections, talent development, and actually use the top freshman for more than enought to burn their shirts. Gain in experience, sideline behaviour improvement.

I think we lose to Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and possibly UCLA. But for sure a team we shold not lose to will raise its ugly head just like every year.

Do away with those things and I will be happy no matter the out come of wins and losses.

Penn State last year was definitely a signature road win, maybe not for the caliber of the team we were facing (because tbh, Penn State had an extremely soft conference schedule to date and even then they made some games closer than they should have been), but rather the context to which the game was being played under. For us to go out there and win that game took a whole boat load of concentration and focus.

If ever there would be a signature road win this year, it will probably be at Ohio State or at Michigan State (barring we win the Ohio State game).

For a successful year, I think we need to beat Michigan and Wisconsin and find a way to make it to the conference championship game. Winning the CCG would be exceptional and anything beyond that would be fantastic.

10-2 or 11-1 regular season is what I'm hoping for.

Penn State was not a signature win, the fact that even played was miracle. Beating a team with out their head coach, that was just barely above 500 does not make a signature game.

I really can not think of a true signature win we have had. Yea we beat some teams ranked high but by the end of the season so teams had dropped 10-15 spots and were only one or two places removed from us, up or down.

Signature games are beating the likes of Bama, LSU, Auburn, Oklahoma, SC and have them remain there at the end of the season, making us ranked in the top 5 at the end of the season.

We have beaten no one that ever finished in the top 5 that I remember. Beating a team that we start their down fall means nothing at the end of the season to me.

We beat a highly ranked team, remain in the top 5-10 with that team remaining in the same area, it is a signature game, beating big names that are struggling as bad as we are means nothing, or at least to me it doesn't.

The only game that would hint at signature would be total destruction of Arizona, but we pissed that down our legs the next year.

I read these comments remembering the comments about the Big 10 prior. Things sure changed when we got here, but at the start, our talent and speed would destroy the Big 10. I never saw that then and I do not see the Big 10 as a power player in the BCS. I do see Ohio State and Michigan rising at a rockets pace, while we dance with the Northwesterns of the world.

For me to be satisfied with this season, would be to see the team prepared for every game, play the whole 60 minutes, win or lose, and coaching correct react to what the other team is doing. I think I am harsh on the 5 wins, but I truly feel it could happen very easily.

Just play the game like you love Nebraska, coach the game like it matters if you lose and quit blaming the fans for poor coaching and corrections, talent development, and actually use the top freshman for more than enought to burn their shirts. Gain in experience, sideline behaviour improvement.

I think we lose to Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and possibly UCLA. But for sure a team we shold not lose to will raise its ugly head just like every year.

Do away with those things and I will be happy no matter the out come of wins and losses.

Barring a 2007 like year (the team quitting on the coach) there is absolutely no way that happens. None. How in any sliver of reality can you think we're gonna win only 5 games? Like, a real, honest explanation and breakdown. Because outside of a plane crash, it doesn't happen.

I also think you are way too high on UM and OSU.

• Fire 1

Barring a 2007 like year (the team quitting on the coach) there is absolutely no way that happens. None. How in any sliver of reality can you think we're gonna win only 5 games? Like, a real, honest explanation and breakdown. Because outside of a plane crash, it doesn't happen.

I also think you are way too high on UM and OSU.

same here