SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

I just dont think he has made enough trips... shown enough interest in KU at this point to make a strong case through his actions that he ends up there. If you look at the schools he has spent time visiting... NU clearly has wayyy more visits taken than any other school. He paid for several trips there on his own dime and always lists them in his top group of schools recruiting him and schools he likes. He's been pretty quiet about KU until the talk show interview this week. But the fact that he set August 30th as his decision date a while back... the timing all worked in favor that he could have easily silently committed to NU and is choosing that day to announce it. It would make perfect sense why he cancelled his visit to South Carolina.

I'm not familiar with the radio station he was on, but it sounded like whomever was doing the interview was Kansas based... I believe that the kid loves his town and his state and out of respect and just being the kind of kid he sounds like, he was probably just shooting some good will to those listeners. I agree/hope that he is coming to NU...I think in the end he knows what is best for his interests and he knows his mom would want what is best for him as well.

I just dont think he has made enough trips... shown enough interest in KU at this point to make a strong case through his actions that he ends up there. If you look at the schools he has spent time visiting... NU clearly has wayyy more visits taken than any other school. He paid for several trips there on his own dime and always lists them in his top group of schools recruiting him and schools he likes. He's been pretty quiet about KU until the talk show interview this week. But the fact that he set August 30th as his decision date a while back... the timing all worked in favor that he could have easily silently committed to NU and is choosing that day to announce it. It would make perfect sense why he cancelled his visit to South Carolina.

I'm not familiar with the radio station he was on, but it sounded like whomever was doing the interview was Kansas based... I believe that the kid loves his town and his state and out of respect and just being the kind of kid he sounds like, he was probably just shooting some good will to those listeners. I agree/hope that he is coming to NU...I think in the end he knows what is best for his interests and he knows his mom would want what is best for him as well.

Good point. It was a local radio interview. I'm sure he was just trying to please the interviewers and the listeners . Kansas ST and Kansas were the only to schools he mentioned by name at all, so that pretty much says it all. Soon as the interview was over, the host said how important it was to keep the Kansas talent in state.

Don't worry guys. My birthday is Aug. 30th and i have requested no other presents so Newell's commitment is not too much to ask. And my fantasy draft is that night and I am going to dominate and the Huskers play the next day so the stars are really aligning here.

I'll get you a victory over Wyoming, just because you're such a nice guy. ;)

Not to take too lightly the desires of a beloved family member...but his mom told him when he was 4 that she wanted him to be football player at KU. I would like to think we can overcome that. Surely if his mom were around today, she would realize that her son would have more success and more opportunity at Nebraska than Kansas.

When I was 4, I wanted to be an Ewok.

If KU is where he knew he would go to honor his mother's wishes for him... then why did he make about 5 trips on his own dime to NU for all our recruiting events/games. He kept coming back and back to campus and he canceled his visit to South Carolina. I am willing to bet that he committed silently at BRW this year and then cancelled SC because he already had committed. You don't see him making multiple trips to Kansas... you just don't.

This makes sense, but the way things play out, they don't always make sense.

I hope you're right.