SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

I wouldn't read too much into his "Retweets" he's done that with every team that's still in his final group. I still feel very confident that Nebraska lands Newell. His mother passed away when he was 5, things change and I think Peyton knows that Nebraska is the right place for him.

I wouldn't read too much into his "Retweets" he's done that with every team that's still in his final group. I still feel very confident that Nebraska lands Newell. His mother passed away when he was 5, things change and I think Peyton knows that Nebraska is the right place for him.

I forgot he was only 5, for some reason I thought it was recent. If it was recent I could see that pulling at the heart strings. He should be N and it will be a big shock if he's not.

Not to take too lightly the desires of a beloved family member...but his mom told him when he was 4 that she wanted him to be football player at KU. I would like to think we can overcome that. Surely if his mom were around today, she would realize that her son would have more success and more opportunity at Nebraska than Kansas.

When I was 4, I wanted to be an Ewok.

• Fire 2

Not to take too lightly the desires of a beloved family member...but his mom told him when he was 4 that she wanted him to be football player at KU. I would like to think we can overcome that. Surely if his mom were around today, she would realize that her son would have more success and more opportunity at Nebraska than Kansas.

If KU is where he knew he would go to honor his mother's wishes for him... then why did he make about 5 trips on his own dime to NU for all our recruiting events/games. He kept coming back and back to campus and he canceled his visit to South Carolina. I am willing to bet that he committed silently at BRW this year and then cancelled SC because he already had committed. You don't see him making multiple trips to Kansas... you just don't.

• Fire 2

If KU is where he knew he would go to honor his mother's wishes for him... then why did he make about 5 trips on his own dime to NU for all our recruiting events/games. He kept coming back and back to campus and he canceled his visit to South Carolina. I am willing to bet that he committed silently at BRW this year and then cancelled SC because he already had committed. You don't see him making multiple trips to Kansas... you just don't.

This is actually probably your best post and very good point.

But what happens when KU names a wing of a library or a research facility after his mother. It's a card they could probably play and not a bad one either.

But what happens when KU names a wing of a library or a research facility after his mother. It's a card they could probably play and not a bad one either.

Thank them for the gesture..... on your way to Lincoln....

I just dont think he has made enough trips... shown enough interest in KU at this point to make a strong case through his actions that he ends up there. If you look at the schools he has spent time visiting... NU clearly has wayyy more visits taken than any other school. He paid for several trips there on his own dime and always lists them in his top group of schools recruiting him and schools he likes. He's been pretty quiet about KU until the talk show interview this week. But the fact that he set August 30th as his decision date a while back... the timing all worked in favor that he could have easily silently committed to NU and is choosing that day to announce it. It would make perfect sense why he cancelled his visit to South Carolina.