Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

I'm surprised it took this so long for this thread to turn into a bash Wisconsin thread. Might have helped if I hadn't posted anything at all...

So.... you expect to be coddled and loved on an anonymous message board, but endorse your compatriots for treating opposing fans like crap in person.

That's an interesting set of principles.

• Fire 3

They ARE yelling at one another, not opposing fans, it's an unfortunate but very real tradition among students...a remnant of the party culture at UW games pre-Alvarez. The University, AD and adult fans have tried several times to stomp it out and are never successful. It's vulgar but extremely well known. Dont be so vain as to think that song was about you.

Had to do it

I'm surprised it took this so long for this thread to turn into a bash Wisconsin thread. Might have helped if I hadn't posted anything at all...

So.... you expect to be coddled and loved on an anonymous message board, but endorse your compatriots for treating opposing fans like crap in person.

"Endorse?" - What am I? A celebrity or politician? Did I just sign something?

...and where are you getting that idea?

Here's what I said on the ES-FU chant:

"it's an unfortunate but very real tradition" [implies disapproval|

On the treatment of opposing fans:

"I wish visitors were treated better"

"I like that road trips to Madison are often dreaded but think that we can achieve that without the widespread buffoonery, unfortunately most students think that behavior is a requirement"

"You found your reception less than pleasurable and I believe you. It's too bad."

So really, if anything, I'm being quite consistent. I never "endorsed" the behavior of individuals that are especially hostile to visitors, in fact I did the exact oposite...multiple times.

Where did I say I expected to be loved and coddled here? I do not expect that. I would like to be treated with the same amount of respect afforded to any other poster though I have come to the point where I no longer expect it.

"I like that road trips to Madison are often dreaded but think that we can achieve that without the widespread buffoonery, unfortunately most students think that behavior is a requirement"

"You found your reception less than pleasurable and I believe you. It's too bad."

So really, if anything, I'm being quite consistent. I never endorsed the behavior of individuals that are especially hostile to visitors, in fact I did the exact oposite...multiple times. I don't expect to be loved or coddled here, just treated the same as other posters.

Not really, you complain about this turning into a bash wisconsin thread, but yet the reasons as to why we should think otherwise are clearly missing from your posts. So you expect this thread to "coddle and love" your university, when you are fully aware of the preexisting feelings that the majority of the posters have due to experiences with your fanbase. This seems pretty pot meet kettle too me.

• Fire 2

So really, if anything, I'm being quite consistent. I never endorsed the behavior of individuals that are especially hostile to visitors, in fact I did the exact oposite...multiple times. I don't expect to be loved or coddled here, just treated the same as other posters.

Not really, you complain about this turning into a bash wisconsin thread1, but yet the reasons as to why we should think otherwise are clearly missing from your posts2. So you expect this thread to "coddle and love" your university,3 when you are fully aware of the preexisting feelings that the majority of the posters have due to experiences with your fanbase. This seems pretty pot meet kettle too me.

1. Where did I complain? I simply made an observation.

2. Think otherwise about what? You want me to convince you that this as not turned into a bash Wisconsin tread?

3. Once again...I never said that.

Penn State in '02 was an absolute nightmare for my brother and I - all those drunken fans, not just students, acting so horribly. Threw beer on us and a few spit in our direction as we left while several yelled in our faces as loud as they could that we sucked along with other profanity. Looks like Wisconsin is about as bad, which is a shame.

Vs. VT in '08, I got tickets by the VT section, and there was a big Husker fan getting in the faces of the rather pleasant Hokie fans (not all of them, but most) every time Ganz managed to not throw an INT, and especially when we scored the first TD. He wasn't nearly as bad as the folks in 'Happy' Valley, but it didn't take long for security to arrive looking for the culprit, and it was HUSKER fans that called them in the first place, ensuring his removal. We just don't tolerate that kind of behavior.

Rise above, Husker Nation. Be better, because we ARE better.

• Fire 1

I never understood the reasoning behind making other fans feel so unwelcome in your home stadium. I know people like to get drunk and boast, but being disrespectful to other fans who just want to support their team is so wrong in so many ways.

I never understood the reasoning behind making other fans feel so unwelcome in your home stadium. I know people like to get drunk and boast, but being disrespectful to other fans who just want to support their team is so wrong in so many ways.

For some folks it's just too tough to be nice, it's easier to be an ass....

For some folks it's just too tough to be nice, it's easier to be an ass....

Oh so very true.