Oreo Desecrates the Sanctity of Cookies

I dont get people... Honestly, who cares what other people choose to do if it makes them happy and doesnt directly affect your happiness.

I have met plenty of gay people... i have met plenty of straight people.. i have met plenty of bi people.. at the end of the day.. THEY'RE ALL PEOPLE!

I worked at a job with a lesbian couple.. sweetest, nicest people i know who are trying to raise a kid like everyone else.

Hats off to Oreo for being different... I will buy more products to counteract others hate.

• Fire 1

I dont get people... Honestly, who cares what other people choose to do if it makes them happy and doesnt directly affect your happiness.

I have met plenty of gay people... i have met plenty of straight people.. i have met plenty of bi people.. at the end of the day.. THEY'RE ALL PEOPLE!

I worked at a job with a lesbian couple.. sweetest, nicest people i know who are trying to raise a kid like everyone else.

Hats off to Oreo for being different... I will buy more products to counteract others hate.

I don't think Oreos are the way to go if you're trying to lose some LBs ;)

• Fire 1

I'm a bit skeptical. It just doesn't seem like there would be *that* much of an anti-gay reaction over a cream filled cookie. Are there REALLY that many anti-gay people out there? The whole thing almost seems contrived. Not the Oreo FB post. But the comments to it seem too vehemently anti-gay to be real.

/edit: Okay. I re-read the BuzzFeed post. It says "And here are some of the comments:" So there were probably a bunch of comments, and BuzzFeed just cherry-picked the most obnoxious, bigoted ones. That makes sense.

I'm a bit skeptical. It just doesn't seem like there would be *that* much of an anti-gay reaction over a cream filled cookie. Are there REALLY that many anti-gay people out there? The whole thing almost seems contrived. Not the Oreo FB post. But the comments to it seem too vehemently anti-gay to be real.

/edit: Okay. I re-read the BuzzFeed post. It says "And here are some of the comments:" So there were probably a bunch of comments, and BuzzFeed just cherry-picked the most obnoxious, bigoted ones. That makes sense.

I live in Idaho, have a couple of gay friends, and I can tell you from first hand experience that comments like that are sadly, all too real. You wouldn't believe how much ignorance and stupidity is really out there. The thing is, for all the people posting that stuff on facebook maybe 1 in a 100 are that vocal in public setting. But you put them behind a computer screen where they don't have to worry about a fist meeting their nose and their true personality comes out.

I live in Idaho, have a couple of gay friends, and I can tell you from first hand experience that comments like that are sadly, all too real. You wouldn't believe how much ignorance and stupidity is really out there. The thing is, for all the people posting that stuff on facebook maybe 1 in a 100 are that vocal in public setting. But you put them behind a computer screen where they don't have to worry about a fist meeting their nose and their true personality comes out.

Yeah, I can't believe people would be so incredibly hateful. And I don't mean to sound all preachy or anything. Heck, I'm certainly not the most tolerant guy in the world. But I don't hate on anyone because they're gay, or of a particular race, demographic group, or whatever. Okay, I admit that I do harbor ill will towards Whorns fans. And maybe Neuter Dame fans too. But that's about it. :lol:

As of about a minute ago there's nearly 48,000 comments for that image on Oreo's Facebook page.