5 Bold Predictions for Taylor Martinez

Depends on how we use him. If Beck wanted, TM could have 1500 yds this year. But I'm guessing he'll play Martinez in conservative manner designed to keep him healthy. Slide rather than bull for extra yards. Throw OOBs, rather than try to scramble for a couple yds. That sort of thing. At least during the non-conference warm-up games. And maybe in a couple of the lesser B1G games we have.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised for Martinez to rack up 1000 yds. The guy can scramble for 30 yds on a broken play sometimes. :lol:

the biggest thing that tmart wont have to worry about is being injured, last year all anyone talked about before the season was if his ankle/toe was ok, well thats all behind him and he doesnt have to focus on rehabing any injuries. he can focus on getting better in other things other than health, thats a huge thing in my book, when your constantly worried about rolling your hurt ankle while practicing throwing on the run, then you cant focus on your footwork and mechanics, that wont be an issue now, and i think you will see a smarter more polished qb this year, he wont be perfect by any means, and im sure his form will still make us cringe from time to time, but it will be less often as he will be a smarter, cooler, more consistant qb week in and week out

Well, I hear a lot of rumors that he has his "shot out of a cannon" acceleration back. If that's true, this offense is going to be a tough, rough SOB to stop. Add to that his possible better passing mechanics? Then yet again add that maybe our WRs stop dropping passes everywhere (heck, it has to stop someday, right?)? Lastly, with the young road-grader talent coming on board it could really be something.

A lot of variables, I know. Still, I think this year the offense carries NU on it's back.

Phil Steele thinks this year's defense is going to be fairly impressive. Like I've stated many times before.....this season might be NEB's best one yet under Pelini.

The guy can scramble for 30 yds on a broken play sometimes. :lol:

Not sure if you're serious here or not...

Slide rather than bull for extra yards stutter step in place standing straight up ready to get whacked in the oddest going into contact positions I have ever seen for an experienced D1 football player.

Fixed it for you.

It's funny that fans of other schools think Martinez is one of the best running QBs in the game today. But Husker fans, at least some of them, don't seem to think so. And when I say funny I mean odd. Sigh.

It isn't that odd. This isn't a knock on Martinez, but he isn't even the best running quarterback in his division of his conference. I don't get all the hate for Martinez, but I don't get pretending he is better than what he has shown he is so far. He is fast. He used to be and may return to be very fast, but he has not shown he is a great "runner". We can all hope that this is the year.