Batman Massacre - 12 Killed in Theater shooting; internet forum partially responsible

Wow. I live in Colorado and I know where that theatre is located. I had not heard about this until seeing it here on HB. Incredibly sad and scary. I can't imagine being in that theatre. I was planning on going to The Dark Knight Rises tonight, at another Cinemark theatre but, I'm not so sure now. I cannot fathom what goes through some peoples minds.

Just insane. Events like this or Van Maur are just so terribly hard to prevent. And it seems the be the "cool"(in every wrong sense of the word) to be "famous" by actions like this. Tragedy.

What you said is spot on... these things are just soooo hard to prevent.

These idiots find ways to get guns and cant stay huddled up in your house.

Shooting up a movie theater has to be one of the most cowardly things to do EVER. It's crowded and takes a long time to clear out, it's dark so your victims don't know what's going on, and everyone is distracted by the screen and noise so you can just jump right in and start firing. Plus he used tear gas. Absolutely cowardly, on top of the obvious horrific wrongness of using a weapon on any person.

Shooting up a movie theater has to be one of the most cowardly things to do EVER. It's crowded and takes a long time to clear out, it's dark so your victims don't know what's going on, and everyone is distracted by the screen and noise so you can just jump right in and start firing. Plus he used tear gas. Absolutely cowardly, on top of the obvious horrific wrongness of using a weapon on any person.

A broken mind doesn't understand or care or even consider an act as cowardly. It really isn't possible to put normal emotions and actions in this guys head, he wanted to murder a lot of people and I am betting he is absolutely loving having has face and name on every news channel for the next week.

A broken mind doesn't understand or care or even consider an act as cowardly. It really isn't possible to put normal emotions and actions in this guys head, he wanted to murder a lot of people and I am betting he is absolutely loving having has face and name on every news channel for the next week.

i am guessing he is an extremely sick individual with something seriously wrong chemically in his head. he was a medical student, which is surprising.

One of the twitter accounts of the victims. Sad

https://twitter.com/...essicaRedfield/

and a story of her: http://www.star-tele...s-reported.html

Wow. That girl was in an earlier mass shooting in Toronto. And narrowly escaped it when she got an eerie feeling:

"A feeling that was overwhelming enough to lead me to head outside in the rain to get fresh air instead of continuing back into the food court to go shopping at SportChek. The gunshots rung out at 6:23. Had I not gone outside, I would've been in the midst of gunfire.

LINK

Like I put on my status update, but...what the hell was a 6-yr old doing at a midnight screening of this movie? And the movie itself is a distant 2nd compared to what happened, but I bet this really hurts the movies' numbers now. Irrelevant I know, but just...wow.

And this loser had no past history and had been studying for his Doctoral med degree? No way is he going to get an 'insanity' defense.