DE Jamone Boyd [Kansas State Commit]

Nexus

I was at the Arkansas vs. Alabama game with my cousin this weekend in Arkansas. Jamone Boyd was there by himself without family and I didn't see friends with him either. He was in a white t-sh#t and black shorts while a lot of other recruits had families with them and were in Arkansas gear. Jamone walked right past me a few times. He is a physical specimen. He stood out on the sidelines amongst the other recruits as being way more physically ready to go than the others. We thought he was an NFL linebacker at first because he has that build.

Anyways... a few notes. Arkansas has their recruits go to the stands before their tunnel entrance. Their entrance is not very exciting and players don't get locker room or field interaction like they do at Nebraska. He didn't seem to be having a great time. Basically he was stuck in the middle of a bunch of white kids who looked like they were 15. He was pretty quiet and very mannerly, letting others go first and saying yes ma'am and no sir. Arkansas was down 38-0 at halftime and by the 3rd quarter a large majority of fans had left. So half the game he was sitting there in a pretty empty, dead quiet stadium. Though Arkansas fans are loud and lively... they do leave games early A LOT. Arkansas ended up having about 20,000 fans left at the end of the game. It was pretty bad. I didn't hear anyone call out Jamone's name either... a lot of fans didn't know who he was. Whereas at Nebraska you always hear recruits saying they are amazed at people knowing their names.

anywho... I just thought it was interesting.

I was at the Arkansas vs. Alabama game with my cousin this weekend in Arkansas. Jamone Boyd was there by himself without family and I didn't see friends with him either. He was in a white t-sh#t and black shorts while a lot of other recruits had families with them and were in Arkansas gear. Jamone walked right past me a few times. He is a physical specimen. He stood out on the sidelines amongst the other recruits as being way more physically ready to go than the others. We thought he was an NFL linebacker at first because he has that build.

Anyways... a few notes. Arkansas has their recruits go to the stands before their tunnel entrance. Their entrance is not very exciting and players don't get locker room or field interaction like they do at Nebraska. He didn't seem to be having a great time. Basically he was stuck in the middle of a bunch of white kids who looked like they were 15. He was pretty quiet and very mannerly, letting others go first and saying yes ma'am and no sir. Arkansas was down 38-0 at halftime and by the 3rd quarter a large majority of fans had left. So half the game he was sitting there in a pretty empty, dead quiet stadium. Though Arkansas fans are loud and lively... they do leave games early A LOT. Arkansas ended up having about 20,000 fans left at the end of the game. It was pretty bad. I didn't hear anyone call out Jamone's name either... a lot of fans didn't know who he was. Whereas at Nebraska you always hear recruits saying they are amazed at people knowing their names.

Have to ask: why did you actually stay until the end of the game?

I'm guessing it had something to do with the price of the ticket! Or, with no skin in the game, why not stay and enjoy one of our recruiting rivals getting stomped on their home field!

The only reason I stayed is because my cousin, who I came with, is a Die hard fan... he didn't want to leave until the end. I was bored by half time though haha. Pregame warm ups were exciting. The team has a giant box full of subs that they roll onto the field and they play this loud rap music before the game so the players/recruits were really getting into it. The first quarter was really loud too but, like I said, by half time it was dead quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

idk how hard we are recruiting jamone right now. we just offered david kenney an Iowa DE commit. his dad works in the recruiting office at indiana and that still wasnt enough to pull his son to indiana over iowa. haha talk about some real problems. BUT his dad and coach K have a very good relationship which is going to get our foot in the door with him. Keep an eye on this kid I think we may have a shot here

idk how hard we are recruiting jamone right now. we just offered david kenney an Iowa DE commit. his dad works in the recruiting office at indiana and that still wasnt enough to pull his son to indiana over iowa. haha talk about some real problems. BUT his dad and coach K have a very good relationship which is going to get our foot in the door with him. Keep an eye on this kid I think we may have a shot here

We aren't recruiting Jamone very hard because he is most likely an academic casualty. Most predict he will end up at a JUCO. I saw him at the Arkansas/Alabama game and he was a physical specimen... looked like an NFL linebacker. Not an ounce of fat on his body but wasn't all that tall. He was very polite and quiet... walked right past me a few times.