DE Jamone Boyd [Kansas State Commit]

Nexus

With Hannon committing, the ball is now in Boyd's court. The Huskers haven't fared well lately trying to do package deals with recruits. It's time to break that string and get Boyd on the Husker wagon. Pull the trigger Jamone!

Read an interview with him yesterday and it didnt sound like he was getting too much love from the coaches. If we were after him hard he would have already visited with Hannon. He has some raw power and speed, and could be a good pickup, but i think he s a little down the list right now....seems like anyway

• 2 weeks later...

"Boyd is a great-looking prospect physically who does some very good things on film after further review and his upside is out of this world," Farrell said. "He's raw and technically he needs a lot of work and his motor can go on and off, but if the fire is lit we could be talking about a future NFL player because you can't teach the natural things he has.

we are not recruiting him very hard if at all right now. we have hannon those two REALLY want to play together. with a class that could sign as many as 27 I dont see why we wouldnt pursue him. he is almost a 4 star across the board.

"Boyd is a great-looking prospect physically who does some very good things on film after further review and his upside is out of this world," Farrell said. "He's raw and technically he needs a lot of work and his motor can go on and off, but if the fire is lit we could be talking about a future NFL player because you can't teach the natural things he has.

we are not recruiting him very hard if at all right now. we have hannon those two REALLY want to play together. with a class that could sign as many as 27 I dont see why we wouldnt pursue him. he is almost a 4 star across the board.

It has been mentioned that he is an academic risk potentially. Not sure how hard the staff has been pushing on Mathis either, most think he will have to go JUCO.

I would say with such a large class, and two very good DEs already commited why not take a chance on a talent like him. At one point it didnt look like Afalava, or Brown might qualify but they put in the work and got it done. Depth along the defensive front is so key to a teams success.

exactly....we are still pursuing mathis and he apparently is far from being the smartest kid out there, we shouldnt just let jamone boyd go. 4 star kid all the way around. we have zach hannon. I would think we would have a great chance at him if we pursued him harder

Why don't high school academic requirements mirror the NCAA requirements more closely? You would think this would be very logical considering how highschools are run so much like college these days. Especially athletically!

Are you crazy??? That obviously would be way too easy.

Just a reminder that his game on ESPN starts in about 15 minutes.

Ha! Had him in at FB in their jumbo set!

Didn't look like he was really comfortable carrying the ball but would still be a load to bring down.

Not sure they should go back to that package - didn't work out very well for them.