David Santos

If there's any likely place on the team a young guy could emerge, it's at one of the LB spots. But I don't think there's been any news on Santos. Not that I've heard anyway.

agree, but it'll be difficult to beat out those seniors when Bo seems to place far more emphasis on execution than athletic ability/instinct. Ironically it's always "execution" that we lack.

If there's any likely place on the team a young guy could emerge, it's at one of the LB spots. But I don't think there's been any news on Santos. Not that I've heard anyway.

agree, but it'll be difficult to beat out those seniors when Bo seems to place far more emphasis on execution than athletic ability/instinct. Ironically it's always "execution" that we lack.

A lot of guys will jump on you for your perceived "negative" comments on Bo, but I tend to agree. Look at David. How many games did Bo say he was out of position, could have done better etc? David was simply an athletic beast who flat out played. Every snap, every down. We need to place less emphasis on the "system" and get athletes on the field who can contribute right away. I will give BO his credit. He is truly a defensive genius, but it seems to work only when you have an all everything DB or DL. Other than that, we seem to "struggle". I know that we are one of only 5 teams to have won 9 games the past 4 yrs. I know that we were a play or two from winning the Big XII, BUT we have also imploded at least 1 or 2 games every season. Out coached, out played, out disciplined etc...... To get better, we need to coach out these self induced melt downs. We also need to find a way to get the athletes on the field. It shouldn't take a kid 3-4 yrs to become a significant contributor on D.

Just my .02

A lot of guys will jump on you for your perceived "negative" comments on Bo, but I tend to agree. Look at David. How many games did Bo say he was out of position, could have done better etc? David was simply an athletic beast who flat out played. Every snap, every down. We need to place less emphasis on the "system" and get athletes on the field who can contribute right away. I will give BO his credit. He is truly a defensive genius, but it seems to work only when you have an all everything DB or DL. Other than that, we seem to "struggle". I know that we are one of only 5 teams to have won 9 games the past 4 yrs. I know that we were a play or two from winning the Big XII, BUT we have also imploded at least 1 or 2 games every season. Out coached, out played, out disciplined etc...... To get better, we need to coach out these self induced melt downs. We also need to find a way to get the athletes on the field. It shouldn't take a kid 3-4 yrs to become a significant contributor on D.

Just my .02

i think we have heard this before, it's all on Bo, he runs the rodeo.

Just my .02

You can't take the head coach out of the equation. By that argument, TO had nothing to do with our wins either.

I hear what you are saying, hence the reason I spoke to mental lapses and break downs. That is nothing new. It has gone on for 4 yrs. Does he coach to be a mental midget? Recruits kids who can't think or freak when the pressure is on? If we expect to have more than 9 wins, we need to cut down on the mental errors.

Lessen the mental errors and we win an additional game or two per year with the talent we have and all things being equal. Catch 2-3 passes more and we win 1-2 more games. IMO, no easy fix as these problems have seemed to plague us. I can point out the issues, but have no idea how to fix them.

Just my .02

You can't take the head coach out of the equation. By that argument, TO had nothing to do with our wins either.

I hear what you are saying, hence the reason I spoke to mental lapses and break downs. That is nothing new. It has gone on for 4 yrs. Does he coach to be a mental midget? Recruits kids who can't think or freak when the pressure is on? If we expect to have more than 9 wins, we need to cut down on the mental errors.

Lessen the mental errors and we win an additional game or two per year with the talent we have and all things being equal. Catch 2-3 passes more and we win 1-2 more games. IMO, no easy fix as these problems have seemed to plague us. I can point out the issues, but have no idea how to fix them.

Out all the improvements I'd like to see, this by far, is the one I want the most. I agree we'll be a much better team for it.