DT Kyle Shortridge [Louisville Commit]

Named Purdue his leader. Lots of rumblings that he didnt fit in with the team while on his visit here, lots of reports that he was quiet and standoffish and we might have backed off a bit. Hope they have other DT they feel better about then.

As outside observers of recruiting, these are the little tidbits that are sometimes left unsaid. So when you wonder whatever happened to "recruit A" this might be one of the reasons why talks have suddenly ceased.

Bo went on record a couple years ago saying something to the effect of: "I take notes from my players that host recruiting prospects. If my own player doesn't feel a sense of connection with a potential recruit while they're here on their visit, then that person will not be putting on a Nebraska jersey. If my players can't trust him, then why should I?"

Named Purdue his leader. Lots of rumblings that he didnt fit in with the team while on his visit here, lots of reports that he was quiet and standoffish and we might have backed off a bit. Hope they have other DT they feel better about then.

As outside observers of recruiting, these are the little tidbits that are sometimes left unsaid. So when you wonder whatever happened to "recruit A" this might be one of the reasons why talks have suddenly ceased.

Bo went on record a couple years ago saying something to the effect of: "I take notes from my players that host recruiting prospects. If my own player doesn't feel a sense of connection with a potential recruit while they're here on their visit, then that person will not be putting on a Nebraska jersey. If my players can't trust him, then why should I?"

Thats a good point Nexus i remember that as well. They also hired that firm to help them judge a kids mental makeup by asking certain questions. They really want to get the kids with high character on the team, that are hard workers and wont fold under the pressure. Im not saying that Kyle isnt a high character kid. Heard alot of ..he just didnt fit in... He may or may not have tried to commit, i doubt we will ever know for sure. He seemed like a very good talent i really hope they didnt shy away from him becasue hes an introvert, maybe he just likes to keep to himself and wasnt concerned with making friends, on the other hand he did wear a wife beater to the game, so who really knows whats up with this kid.

These kids are meeting a ton of new people in surroundings that they are not familiar with. Having people try to sell them something. Hosted by people he doesn't know or has known only for 1 or 2 days..... I'd be a bit stand-offish too.. To me this shouldn't be a consideration in the equation.

Now if the kid pulled the fire alarm, got into a fight, ran up huge hotel bills and basically was rock band partying out of control. (this was at a different school a few years ago) NOW that's an issue.

My understanding is that Kyle was not a fit for our program. He had the measurables and talent to be a fit, but when he visited he didn't fit in with the players or culture at Nebraska.

There has been a lot of DT talent emerge this year. We have Chase Rome, Kevin Williams, Todd Peat, Aaron Curry, Vincent Valentine. Thus, we have at least 4 VERY good players with 3+ seasons left after this season. There is not a pressing need for DT's this year... we just need 1-2 solid players and we can afford to take our time to find the guy we need for our program.

• 2 weeks later...