Southern Miss fan here

Last time Southern Miss was in Lincoln they beat us. Wouldn't surprise me to see this be a two-touchdown game. Or closer. The Golden Eagles have been known to rise to the level of their competition. Just ask this guy: LINK

Oh yeah, welcome to the board Eaglecrazy4. Hope you stick around for a bit. I apologize in advance for any rude, trollish things I may say. Especially if we don't handle the Southern Miss game like we think we should.

I like this board a lot. And if we win this game, expect me to say some trollish things as well. ;)

I must say I really enjoy when fans of opposing teams come in here and want to talk football in a respectful manner. Thanks for posting Eaglecrazy4. I never understood the idea that you have to dislike your opponent. When I go to the game I am focused on the field and the game I couldn't care less about the fans around me as long as they are doing the same. I enjoy a great chat about football and the more diverse the points of view the better! Thanks for stopping by and hope you return even when the Huskers are not on your schedule!

I must say I really enjoy when fans of opposing teams come in here and want to talk football in a respectful manner. Thanks for posting Eaglecrazy4. I never understood the idea that you have to dislike your opponent. When I go to the game I am focused on the field and the game I couldn't care less about the fans around me as long as they are doing the same. I enjoy a great chat about football and the more diverse the points of view the better! Thanks for stopping by and hope you return even when the Huskers are not on your schedule!

I might have to take you up on that!

I am hoping for a S. Miss loss ...sorry really hurt over last time you guys got the best of us in Lincoln. Drove 18hours to see Dailey run out of bounds with a chance to throw under those Callapain years. YR 1 5-6 ouch!

I am looking forward to away game with you guys! I hope you enjoy your trip and you guys play great just not too great! Much respect for the Eagles

NU is DEFINITELY better than any team we played last year. Houston was the best offense in the country and we held them to 3 td's. Then again Houston shouldn't have even had the right to put their sorry defense on the field. That being said, I'm really interested in seeing how we handle the physicality of your team. One of you also said we only have one good pass rusher. We lost our 2 interior DT's but I think we're even better at that position this year. Watch for Octavious Thomas coming around the end quite a bit forcing T-Mart to scramble (this may hurt us in the long run.) We return 4 OL from last year, which makes that unit our strength. However, I'm really worried about QB. The guy that will most likely start for us is 6'4" 240, but hasn't taken a single snap in a real game. Especially playing at Memorial, I think this could very well spell disaster for us.

Is he mobile?

Runs a 4.65. Faster than our QB last year who got yards when he needed them. However, watch for our best recruit of last years class. Name is Anthony Alford. We should see him at QB in some packages at different time in the game. Kid is an extreme athlete.

Welp, then we're SOL. Mobile QB's have been our kryptonite.

I expect that to improve some with Katz's ideas that Bo has liked.

I truly hope so.

Miss those burgers from Mugshots in Hattiesburg!

When were you in the Burg? If you are ever here again, go to Leatha's BBQ. Some of the best ribs and whatnot I've ever had.

Well, when we come to Hattiesburg for the

Oh, crap its in Nah Orleans

Not yet. I wouldn't mind it being there b/c it would bring more money but I also want to see Nebraska come to Hattiesburg.