Who leads the team in receptions this year?

Shawn Watson  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kenny Bell with 68 catches for 950 yards!

2nd I got Rex with 55 catches for 525 yards

3rd I got Kyler Reed with 42 catches for 500 yards

4th I got Quincy with 35 catches for 440

5th I got Ben cotton with 30 catches for 420

6th I got Tim marlowe with 28 catches got 300 yards

And last I got Turner with 25 catches for 280 yards

Several others will have between 10-20 catches or a total of around 350 yards!

For those of you that can add I got Taylor throwing for over 3700 yards this year!!!

Oh yea! I went there! I said he's gonna have a breakout year and here's how I see it. I did bring his rushing yards way down in another thread. Without looking it up I think I said around 550 rushing. ABOUT TO BLOW UP!!! chuckleshuffle

I'd like to see Burkhead give Bell a run for the most receptions. One of our better weapons during the WCO years was Marlon Lucky, who holds the NU single-season record with 75 receptions. Burkhead in the flat with the football is a scary prospect for opponents.

Think we need to look to give Burkehead where ever we can afford to. The passing game is one of those areas IMO. Maybe Abdullah out of the backfield. I thought we would use him more like that when we got him anyways.

I've got Rex with upper 30's for around 500-550 yards. I've heard them mention multiple times this off season that Martinez wasn't looking to the guy coming out of the backfield like he should. I think he even mentioned it in one of his interviews last week. That'll change. Speedy receivers to stretch the field will open that up as well. And it's not that I think Rex is better than any of our receivers...I just think there is so much talent there that they will distribute the ball much more. Rex will be the only one that can consistently expect 3-4 catches a game. I expect to see Turner, Bell, Enunwa and Reed all sitting with around 400. Very much a "team" approach this year. It's why Martinez should eclipse that 60% mark easily if he can get on the same page with those guys, and make his reads. There should be someone open on every play.

As great of a talent as Marlon Lucky was, a big part of his big passing numbers was Sam Keller's inability to consistently work the ball downfield and dumping it off to his checkdowns. I hope that isn't the case this season, but would still like Rex to get some good numbers.

We have the best receiving targets in the conference (WR: Bell, Enunwa, Turner / TE: Reed), if Burkhead finishes second, than three of those receiving targets are being sorely under used. I like a running offense as much as the next guy, but our best chance to have a winning offense is to get the ball in these playmakers hands as much as possible. If these guys could all have 5+ touches a game, that will maximize our play making ability.

Abdullah didn't show much in the run game last year (3.6 ypc), so if he and Heard/Cross don't step it up, Rex is going to have another full work load like last year, and would be ineffective getting more than 5 catches a game.